Other Your USA/NFL Trip in Pictures

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I would post my pics from my trip to Pittsburgh to see the Steelers play the Ravens in week 16. The atmosphere on the day was just unreal - especially for someone going to their first NFL game!

Walking to the stadium before the game

4287595084_4b9b89a733.jpg

People filing into the stadium - the mood walking into the stadium amazing. People were chanting and singing and booing any Raven fan that passed by!

4287595946_7f1ffa7bec.jpg

The Steelers on their first drive of the game

4287596342_e53c3f81af.jpg

The Terrible Towel in full force

4287596716_25e298b0b9.jpg

Heinz Field in all its glory

4286857079_7cb69a5511.jpg

4287597610_f5f8d7b432.jpg

4286858367_4efd6ca9c6.jpg

On the way home from the game.

4287602428_621564e141.jpg

4287603042_45eaece0e2.jpg

If you want to see the pics of the three NHL games I went to, including the Penguins v Maple Leafs game on the night of the Steelers game, then click here

I thought I would post my pics from my trip to Pittsburgh to see the Steelers play the Ravens in week 16. The atmosphere on the day was just unreal - especially for someone going to their first NFL game!

hahaha amazing i was at that game too i got pics a few pages back, great atmosphere and was a real tough game. even crazier is my hotel was diretcly next to the penguins stadium ahha i saw all the fans out in full force that night in the bar

hahaha amazing i was at that game too i got pics a few pages back, great atmosphere and was a real tough game. even crazier is my hotel was diretcly next to the penguins stadium ahha i saw all the fans out in full force that night in the bar

Wow! That is amazing!

What hotel? I was at the Westin Convention Center so I was only a few minutes from Mellon Arena too!

Re: 'R rated' USA/NFL Trip in Picture

Security must be ToP NOTCh to keep this monument in immaculate condition.. Raider fans will be seething if they knew about this.. that first Lombardi must the most precious of the lot... ;) :D (I recall following the game online, took 10min, to find out what happened). Looking back, the TUCK RULE was a terrible rule but if it's anything to deny the Raiders.. I'll let it slide regardless how CRUEL & COLD HEARTED it was..

They even have a little section where you can take the kick, and the whole boot thing you see there is in a big snow dome with a constant looping video :D. Oh and theres also a 'you be the ref and make the call under the hood' section and you can run through the tuck rule, not a place for Raider fans ;)

Seeing as you selflessly took the bother to take a pic of Al Davis' HOF bust, I guess it's ok to let you post that pic of the Tuck Rule game monument. Grr.

No need to photoshop a BRICK over the Pats VL Trophy pic GG or should I call you Hans Landa?... I'm feeling abit sick looking at the third one that Big Ben help gift wrap 'em with.. :( Then again, Hasselback, did likewise with the Steelers 5th Lombardi. :thumbsu:

Hockey is one of the best spectator sports you can go to, those Devils pics are great. I will try and get some Leafs ones next time I go. Going to the Lacrosse in the next couple of weeks too, should be interesting.

Check out this fight:
[youtube]o1KPh4aJiz0[/youtube]

There is also a fight in the stands during that game. Haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hockey is one of the best spectator sports you can go to, those Devils pics are great. I will try and get some Leafs ones next time I go. Going to the Lacrosse in the next couple of weeks too, should be interesting.

Check out this fight:
[youtube]o1KPh4aJiz0[/youtube]

There is also a fight in the stands during that game. Haha.

Yes, but does anyone here watch it on TV much? I have tried to get into it, but can't.

Wow! That is amazing!

What hotel? I was at the Westin Convention Center so I was only a few minutes from Mellon Arena too!

the doubletree hotel.
if u get a chance next time lol catch the boat to the game its a great experience, the ravens fans felt like jumping off the boat after all the abuse they took

Security must be ToP NOTCh to keep this monument in immaculate condition.. Raider fans will be seething if they knew about this.. that first Lombardi must the most precious of the lot... ;) :D (I recall following the game online, took 10min, to find out what happened). Looking back, the TUCK RULE was a terrible rule but if it's anything to deny the Raiders.. I'll let it slide regardless how CRUEL & COLD HEARTED it was..

A massive can of Fork you all over this page (in particular Rory and his pics)........... That exhibit rhymes with 'shunty'....

I wonder if Raider fans know about it, they may need to be made aware and a visit organised!! :)

the doubletree hotel.
if u get a chance next time lol catch the boat to the game its a great experience, the ravens fans felt like jumping off the boat after all the abuse they took

Yeah, I think I will take the boat next time. Especially after a win:D

I saw the doubletree hotel as I walked to Mellon Arena the next day to get some souveniers from the store there. I might have to stay there next time.... especially if they have free cookies :D:D

Yes, but does anyone here watch it on TV much? I have tried to get into it, but can't.

Man I live in Canada, as much as I thought Vics / Croweaters / Sandgropers loved AFL...I've never seen ANYTHING like how intensely they follow Hockey here.

Man I live in Canada, as much as I thought Vics / Croweaters / Sandgropers loved AFL...I've never seen ANYTHING like how intensely they follow Hockey here.

I have heard that. I, as an Australian that has just tried to watch 20 minutes here or there, just don't get it.

They hit each other a bit. Cool. They have a million shots at goal to no avail (mostly). Not cool like soccer isn't cool. The skills are really awesome. Cool. I don't understand the tactics or positions. My problem but uncool.

I have heard that. I, as an Australian that has just tried to watch 20 minutes here or there, just don't get it.

They hit each other a bit. Cool. They have a million shots at goal to no avail (mostly). Not cool like soccer isn't cool. The skills are really awesome. Cool. I don't understand the tactics or positions. My problem but uncool.

I have an ice rink 20m from my door, so having been out there and a) tried to skate and b) tried to play hockey, I have a new found appreciation for how good these guys are. 'Tis very soccer-like though in you need to appreciate the finer things about the game to watch - a good pass, some good puck handling etc. etc.

Also...any sport where your team has basically a 'designated fighter' that you send out to pick fights (while the refs just stand and watch)...is cool in my book.

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: "The Terrible Towels"

Here are some pics from my recent visit to Pitt (and Hoboken)

Riding shotgun in this mean machine from the second day I arrived in Pitt.. the FREIGHT Train horn has to be heard to be believed.. hahaha

First stop on the Mean Machine Tour... this is the cafe that LaMarr Woodley frequents..

Without dropping into a Rome Steelers Bar previous to making it to Pittsburgh, this opportunity doesn't happen. Without Facebook, this isn't possible.

During the pre-season : vs Carolina (despite the hassle to get these seats.. I'll do it again... $50 out of my pocket for entry, beers & to feed the scalper & my Kentucky buddy)

The replica's on display.. how do I know? where the heck was the security? This pic was taken at the Heinz Museum that had other floors displaying/ dedicated to the history of Pittsburgh sports.

The Real Lombardi's on display in a secret location..

And the view from my Club East seat :

[YOUTUBE]qsyZaJr_rMM?fs[/YOUTUBE]

1984 Offensive Rookie of the Year: Louis Lipps (#83 WR)

And here's a blurb mention plus photo on this Post Gazzette Blog

here is some pics @ the Texas Arizona Bar in Hoboken NJ ....Steelers Bar with floaters..

Great pics, Woodson- and obviously some wonderful memories for you as well. Great to see the pic with Louis Lipps in there as well- is he working for the Steelers now?

Great pics, Woodson- and obviously some wonderful memories for you as well. Great to see the pic with Louis Lipps in there as well- is he working for the Steelers now?

Sink Ships :D

Great pics Woody :thumbsu:

Sink Ships :D

Great pics Woody :thumbsu:

Thanx Marklar.

And I even got to meet the author (hang out drinking beer @ a Pittsburgh Church) of this blog who wrote up a lil' blurb about me recently.

The 31,000 mile trip..

Also got some more pics..

Not very far at all from the Rockn'Roll HOF.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Milk Containers is what the folk drink Beer from @ the recent Oktoberfest in 'da Burgh'.

Imposter or the Real Deal? I was waiting for my ride @ the Pittsburgh HRC when suddenly this Gene Simons clone comes out of nowhere...takes pic with me (refuses to roll out his tongue on demand) and then disappears in thin air..

Pittsburgh by the river..

@ Grille36 where even the opposition fans show up in full regalia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back