Other Your USA/NFL Trip in Pictures

Well, that one is truly a phototastic effort. One to download and save. Same with DB's American Flag one. They're professional standard. Like what you'd see paid for by the NFL used on their site, etc.

If they don't get picked up by the media at large.. a good backdrop to my ND schedule for Marquee Match ups.. ;)

EFL Boy

Spec Moderator
May 17, 2008
Minneapolis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Panthers, NYR, Bulls, Badgers
So I have recently come back from my trip to the States. Big Panthers fan so I was ecstatic I was able to see us play live.
I went to the following games & will be posting photos of each separately!
Detroit @ Carolina (I also did a tour of BoA Stadium in which photos are included)
Georgia @ South Carolina
Kansas City @ Miami

Looking towards the stadium from the outskirts of the city.
IMG_2276_zpse4fe611f.jpg

IMG_2243_zps57a7c0f6.jpg

One of the entrances
IMG_2244_zps9a2eaf16.jpg

100 Level featuring the HUGE scoreboard!
IMG_2245_zps892d2204.jpg

Ground level
IMG_2251_zpsa0a7dfb4.jpg

IMG_2255_zpsd4cde7a5.jpg

View from the media box
IMG_2265_zpsaf0e6d35.jpg

Another media box view
IMG_2262_zpsf05ffa1b.jpg

In one of the club suites
IMG_2260_zps88669db8.jpg

Panthers coaches box
IMG_2266_zps5d9bed21.jpg

For those who have been to the games, can anyone tell me with certainty what the policy on what sort of cameras they allow into the stadium is?

I can't really find any definitive answers on google

I'll check my info when I get home, but the size of the lens is the only restriction I believe.

For those who have been to the games, can anyone tell me with certainty what the policy on what sort of cameras they allow into the stadium is?

Vid camera's are prohibited but with compact sizing/ technology.. who's gonna know? Slip in a concealed section of your clothing/ bag and you'll be good. I know the protocol on security.. they are not allowed to touch, only demand you empty on request.. I easily snuck in the vid cam.. under the noses of the Heinz Field security.. helps when you know how to make a proper attempt in opening your bag without seeming reluctant. I was actually more concerned about the scalped game day ticket to get in..

At the 'G, the limit is 200mm. That's because they don't want fans getting better opportunities to take quality pics to sell to media outlets and outbid the professional photographers on the sideline. I'm sure they'll more than likely monitor fans who sit close to the fence with a extended lens.

This link may be of assistance where it relates more to the bags that you can bring in : http://www.nfl.com/allclear#question8

I have used a DSLR with a 200m lens before with no issues. I just don't think they allow huge "pro" lenses in but this was a couple of years ago. Lugging around a DSLR isn't fun, especially to sporting events. I just take a high end compact now.

What type are you taking?

I took this
img_01.png

14x zoom, 16.1m pixels.

zero issues.

It was just in a camera case and in my pocket. Sure. I had to take it out while they wanded me. But I didn't have to take the camera out of of the case.

This link may be of assistance where it relates more to the bags that you can bring in : http://www.nfl.com/allclear#question8

I have used a DSLR with a 200m lens before with no issues. I just don't think they allow huge "pro" lenses in but this was a couple of years ago. Lugging around a DSLR isn't fun, especially to sporting events. I just take a high end compact now.
Just saw this one
If I have certain items that I need to bring into the stadium for medical reasons and they won't fit in the clear bag, what do I do?

There will be a separate entrance to allow screening of these bags and medically necessary items.

I wonder if you can argue that being unable to take in an amazing camera can hurt your mental health.

What type are you taking?

I took this
img_01.png

14x zoom, 16.1m pixels.

zero issues.

It was just in a camera case and in my pocket. Sure. I had to take it out while they wanded me. But I didn't have to take the camera out of of the case.

I am taking a Sony RX100. Like you said, so much easier with a compact in a small camera case. My camera was battled tested in 2012, it survived two nasty drops, one in Central Park the other at Fenway Park. Highly recommend.

Sony_Cybershot_DSC_RX100_35326410_01.jpg

So for those of you who have been to games in the North East states (NY/PEN/DC/OH etc) in December, how cold is it going to be, really?

Coming from Canberra, I'm used to 0 degree days, but I'm starting to think outfits of Jeans + Shirts + Jackets may not be cutting it?

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
So for those of you who have been to games in the North East states (NY/PEN/DC/OH etc) in December, how cold is it going to be, really?

Coming from Canberra, I'm used to 0 degree days, but I'm starting to think outfits of Jeans + Shirts + Jackets may not be cutting it?

You definitely need more than that. Will need several lawyers, a beanie and gloves at an absolute minimum.

What games and dates are you there for?

I went mid December in 2012 to MetLife and it was a drizzly night game in the low single figures but still had four layers on. I tend to start with compression clothing as a start, full length bottom and top covering most of the body, then add layers until you get to a water proof jacket. Scarf, beanie and gloves are an absolute must for cold weather games.

Going to football games in September is for pussies. December/January is where it's at!

Back