Your worst experience with opposition supporters

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A couple of months ago I posted this on the main board and got 300+ responses and most were quite interesting reads. Thought I'd ask my own teams board now, so yeah, what is the worst experience you've had with another supporter?

My worst experience with opposition supporters was my own fault: I didn't get the number of the gorgeous Crows girl who was defending me against the frothing attacks of her degenerate brethren during the deep dark latter stages of the Showdown Final.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is a weird one - I don't know who it was or where it came from, or even if it was aimed at me, but I recall in the minutes leading up to the start of the 1998 SANFL grand final I was standing up with my arms folded and a loin chop bone landed in my arms...A FRICKEN LOIN CHOP BONE!! There wasn't even any meat left on it! I wasn't happy.

The worst thing that I witnessed was after the Crows won at one of our home Showdowns, early 2000s. In the BashedEar carpark, some w***er Crows supporter hanging out the window exchanging words with a Port supporter, he got cocky, calling the Port guy a feral w***er and such like, the Port guy said if you say that again I'm coming over. The guy said it again and the Port guy goes over, the Crows guy shits himself and sits back inside and puts the window up. The Port guy proceeded to kick and knee the s**t out of the door and you could hear the driver yelling at his mate "you ******* dickhead, why'd ya stir him up ya campaigner" and such like. Intense it was.

Other than that, nothing that I was personally involved with comes to mind.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
I was leaving AAMI Stadium after we had had one of our many losses to North Melbourne. Two women, one Port and one Roos were having an argument and like an idiot I tried to break it up. Actually it was not the women who were a problem but a Roos coward(probably drunk) who thought I was beating up on women and blindsided me and knocked me over. Fortunately the seats at AAMI were the old benches at that time or I could have ended up one of those guys you see in the news who have been punched and fallen on the ground and been brain-damaged or killed. As it was I only had to have a few physiotherapist appointments.

Jack Foster

Team Captain
Dec 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There is only one!
I think it was the last or second to last game of the 1986 season versus Glenelg. Scott Salisbury belted Greg Anderson in the head and knocked him out.
I remember this old bay tart half covered in a glad bag to keep dry yelling out obnoxious comments at Greg to get up. She was an awful old bitch and was arguing with my dad and other Port fans for the entire day.

Unfortunately I think we lost but Greg won the Magarey a week or so later. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was only a very young kid and no one got physically hurt (apart from Greg) but that memory is burnt into my brain and I often wonder if one of the GF victories over her lovely tigers in either 88, 90 or 92 caused the old witch to have a heart attack.

Last edited:

steve4445

All Australian
Jul 18, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is a weird one - I don't know who it was or where it came from, or even if it was aimed at me, but I recall in the minutes leading up to the start of the 1998 SANFL grand final I was standing up with my arms folded and a loin chop bone landed in my arms...A FRICKEN LOIN CHOP BONE!! There wasn't even any meat left on it! I wasn't happy.

lol was probably a seagull that dropped it?

Being puked on from above at the San Siro, piss thrown on me at Ashton Gate, darts and snooker balls at the Vetch, fruit at UPton Park and a near broken jaw at Anfield.

Collingwood prelim final 2003 was the ony time I have gone to the footy as an adult and felt uncomfortable and slightly threatend. They were an obnixous group that day.

Great Irony the collingwood guy I sat next to was about 6 foot 6 built like a brick s**t house but was nervous all day said nothing during the game but would chat at the breaks. He did let out this loud blood curling scream when the final siren went.

Before during and after the game walking out of the G and back to my hotel I got abused like I had never experienced before -or since.

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Collingwood prelim final 2003 was the ony time I have gone to the footy as an adult and felt uncomfortable and slightly threatend. They were an obnixous group that day.

Great Irony the collingwood guy I sat next to was about 6 foot 6 built like a brick s**t house but was nervous all day said nothing during the game but would chat at the breaks. He did let out this loud blood curling scream when the final siren went.

Before during and after the game walking out of the G and back to my hotel I got abused like I had never experienced before -or since.

Ah, the 2003 Preliminary Final. I was there, as a 7 year old, I can remember the game but not so much any vicious Collingwood supporters. Basically every singe Port fan I know that was at that match could give you a negative experience. One bloke had this red haired Pies supporter wanting to start a fight with him because he was "standing in his spot" or something like that, and that was before the game had even started. A woman I know said when she was walking back to her hotel, Pies fans were leaning out of their cars screaming "I hope you f*****g die!" "I hope you get hit by a f*****g bus!"

But... the 2013 Elimination Final was well worth the 10 year wait ;)

Worst was an SANFL game against Central at Alberton in 2000. Port came from 5-6 goals down to win. Big Mick Spanagel best on ground. By far the most uneasy ive felt at a game. A central fan was threatening everyone around him that day and had a push and shove with about 5-6 different people. Then after the siren, after we clapped the guys off, turn around and theres a wrestle between a big 6'6 Central bloke and a 65-70yo Port man. The Central guy wrestled him to the ground, took a step back and kicked him as hard as he could in the head. 4 or 5 others chased after him and we were left looking after this old bloke with a busted face. Ironically enough, the psycho Central fan who was trying to pick a fight all day ended up more spooked than anyone after that and after a number of people confronted him that he was mostly to blame for the feeling in the stands that day, he did more to help the old guy than anyone else.

There was a group of 4-5 young Norwood "fans" who were going around king hitting people after games in 2001 for about 6-7 weeks until they got arrested one night at the Parade at gun point by the police. We saw them king hit a guy after the Port v Norwood game on a Friday night at Adelaide Oval and left him out cold in the middle of the Richardson gates. The saddest part was he had a 2-3 year old child with him who was bawling his eyes out.

I got spat on and elbowed in the back of the head waiting in line to get a coke at Showdown 1. Seen a few minor push and shoves at AFL level but nothing major.

May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
2003 prelim final was the worst.

We were sitting in the 2nd tier of the Great Southern stand and Collingwood supporters from the tier above us were tipping beer over heads. Security did f**k all about it. I was already grumpy after a long trip on the Overland on the night before and this was the last thing I wanted to put up with while watching the footy.

We also had a few arguments outside the ground. I just wish I was outside the ground 7 days later when Brisbane kicked their ass in the GF so that I could remind those Collingwood ferals how s**t their team really was.

Last year at the elimination final was tame. There was hardly any Collingwood supporters sitting around us and most of them had left well before the final siren sounded. :)

brad the brain

Team Captain
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was leaving AAMI Stadium after we had had one of our many losses to North Melbourne. Two women, one Port and one Roos were having an argument and like an idiot I tried to break it up. Actually it was not the women who were a problem but a Roos coward(probably drunk) who thought I was beating up on women and blindsided me and knocked me over. Fortunately the seats at AAMI were the old benches at that time or I could have ended up one of those guys you see in the news who have been punched and fallen on the ground and been brain-damaged or killed. As it was I only had to have a few physiotherapist appointments.
I was at a Port v North game in Melbourne several years ago and North were winning well. This old bag who had never kicked a footy in her life was really putting s**t on me as there weren't many port supporters in the AFL members. She was horrid and really had me stumped yelling all sorts of attrocities like get back on the plane to Adelaide you loser. All I could come up with in reply was ' get back on the pension you old bag" She said " I have been on it for 10 years you idiot" and all the other North tossers got into me about calling her an old bag.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
I was at a Port v North game in Melbourne several years ago and North were winning well. This old bag who had never kicked a footy in her life was really putting s**t on me as there weren't many port supporters in the AFL members. She was horrid and really had me stumped yelling all sorts of attrocities like get back on the plane to Adelaide you loser. All I could come up with in reply was ' get back on the pension you old bag" She said " I have been on it for 10 years you idiot" and all the other North tossers got into me about calling her an old bag.

I'm sure you thought of something witty and cutting when you were on the plane back to Adelaide. Something like "Sure it hasn't been 30."

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Lol. Seriously if ever there is a problem there's a strong, 9.5/10 chance it's with Norf Malburns :rolleyes:

Living in Melbourne for 16 years I've attended games against all 10 Vic clubs several times, and I have never had more problems with any club than North Melbourne. Like, I've had more issues with Norf than the other 9 clubs combined. Speaks volumes about that football club.

Collingwood prelim final 2003 ....
This has come up before somewhere recently and yes that game stands out. Not really during the game but afterwards it was mental. Probably half an hour of abuse and intimidation as my mate and I left the G, all the way through to the park outside and only calmed down on the train.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have a couple for this.Living in Perth round 4/5 this year at Subi, I had one pr@#k of a West Coast fan behind me poking me in the back, spilling his drinks, abusing me for every Eagles goal, Eagles free kick, and Port mistake.The fact he was 60+ and enjoy going to the footy I ignored him.When Schultzy kicked the sealer late in the last I turned around to give him the ultimate mouthful but he was half way down the race out of the ground.Also the 2005 Showdown I went over for in round 3 and we lost by 78 odd points I came over from WA for it and got spat on, abused, pushed around and more as a 21 year old on my own.That just grew the ultimate hatred I had of that mob in West Lakes from there.

.... Also the 2005 Showdown I went over for in round 3 and we lost by 78 odd points I came over from WA for it and got spat on, abused, pushed around and more as a 21 year old on my own. That just grew the ultimate hatred I had of that mob in West Lakes from there.
To be fair we have established elsewhere that we lose whenever you come over here. The rest is only window dressing. o_O

Back