DylsDockers1995

All Australian
Jun 2, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
Ive had about 5 concussions,broke my wrist,tore one of the ligaments in the knee off the bone(thats probably my worst injury) and i broke my collorbone.

DylsDockers1995

All Australian
Jun 2, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
Oh and also right now i have an ongoing shoulder problem i cant lift my shoulder up past my ear if i do i get the worst pain.

tcwaters

Premiership Player
Dec 18, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wesley Sneijder
****ed my hip in '05, still not right.. But the most painful, easily, was destroying my achilles at the start of this year. Did it during pre season training and missed the whole season.

I've had my hand caught in a drop saw, yet this injury was alot more painful.

Micksy

Premiership Player
Feb 16, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cowwarr, Fish Creek
Probably fugging my knee.
Pack mark.
Fell across another guy.
Big fat b'stard fell acrooss my legs and wrenched the shizen out of them.
Fun.

Colin D'Cops

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2011
Nov 24, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Bad AC joint injury (5yrs ago).

Was good after about seven weeks wrapped in cotton wool though.

Natho

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Hypher extended my left knee first minute of a game. On a lead jumped got a little nudge landed badly knee went the other way. Swelled up like anything. Missed 8-10 weeks, took 6 weeks to even run. Had x-rays and scans and what not apparently no damage to it.

mightymightydogs

Team Captain
Jun 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Aussie cricket team& Lleyton Hewitt
Re: Your worst Football Injury/

hurt my AC join, collarbone. couldn't move for 3 days without crying/dying of pain
also gotten knocked out once or twice, elbowed in the throat resulting in panic attack thing.. ended up in hospital haha :S

fairdinkum

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2007
Road to nowhere
AFL Club
North Melbourne

My worst would have been getting my two front teeth knocked out by an elbow whilst laying a tackle, pain wasn't too bad, its the $900 odd bucks at the dentist that hurt the most.

When they put teeth back in, do they 'live' and carry on like normal, or do they 'die' and become discoloured? My biggest fear on the footy field has long been losing my beautiful teeth.

neng

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2008
London
AFL Club
West Coast

Concussed whilst on a school footy tour to Melbourne.
Ran into my own team mate apparently, similar to what happened to the Richmond players in a game this year?

Woke up in the ambulance, blood streaming from the mouth, s**t scared because I had no idea where I was. Stayed in hospital for the arvo and missed going to Waverley...

Had a swollen face for a couple of weeks, then played a couple of games in the country at home and one for school before I felt a sore spot that hadn't gone away. The doctor in Melbourne poked and prodded my face and though there was nothing wrong. But anyway, went and got a x-ray in Perth. And what do you know? Fractured Eye Socket in two places. Bloody useless doctor in Melbourne!!

Still feels funny pressing on it to this day.

brokenlegedited.jpg

Chops_a_must

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Apr 20, 2008
The Terrortory!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Uni Rats! Believeburgh
I guess you haven't had too many then. I tore the connecting muscles off the rotator cuff and had an inch long labral tear. Can still feel it, but had a stable shoulder 8 months after surgery. Can't say the same for my knees though.

I've done 3 of the rotator cuffs (not football related), the AC and had a labrum tear.

Done the ACL and medial at the same time as cartilage.

I'd rather do my knee 10 times again before I do anything to my shoulder again. Would rather not have had arthritis in my shoulder at 18.

Nothing beats not being able to dress yourself for months when you've done a shoulder good and proper!

twentydollarnote

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
tottenham
I guess you haven't had too many then. I tore the connecting muscles off the rotator cuff and had an inch long labral tear. Can still feel it, but had a stable shoulder 8 months after surgery. Can't say the same for my knees though.

Never had the surgery on it but i know people who have had similar with mixed results. Its fair to say once you do it, you wont be opening the fast bowling too often anymore.

HSSB

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Boston Celtics - GWS Giants
Very badly strained driver and hamstrings this year, sore when I run :thumbsdown:

Hungryhaydo

Debutant
Apr 8, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
rolled my ankle which resulted in me breakin my fifth metatarsal in training...

4 days out from my first game in 10 years.

currently in week 2 of a 8-12 week recovery..

Colonelcrab

Cancelled
Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
Floreat, WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
rolled my ankle which resulted in me breakin my fifth metatarsal in training...

4 days out from my first game in 10 years.

currently in week 2 of a 8-12 week recovery..

You out for 8-12 due to the broken metatarsal or the rolled ankle? Reason I'm asking is I rolled mine on the weekend, pretty sure theres no broken bones and I was able to play out the rest of the game.
But swelled up like a bitch yesterday, although it has gone down considerably since then and can now limp around a bit(although I know it's better not too).
Last thing I want is to be out for 8-12

Chops_a_must

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Apr 20, 2008
The Terrortory!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Uni Rats! Believeburgh
You out for 8-12 due to the broken metatarsal or the rolled ankle? Reason I'm asking is I rolled mine on the weekend, pretty sure theres no broken bones and I was able to play out the rest of the game.
But swelled up like a bitch yesterday, although it has gone down considerably since then and can now limp around a bit(although I know it's better not too).
Last thing I want is to be out for 8-12

Well, if you're playing for a couple of the teams around Balga, you can get a game standing and throwing punches anyway.

MrNatural

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
I've done 3 of the rotator cuffs (not football related), the AC and had a labrum tear.

Done the ACL and medial at the same time as cartilage.

I'd rather do my knee 10 times again before I do anything to my shoulder again. Would rather not have had arthritis in my shoulder at 18.

Nothing beats not being able to dress yourself for months when you've done a shoulder good and proper!

Ive had a shoulder reco, and had a serious knee injury with subsequent surgery, but if i had to choose, id take a shoulder injury anyday of the week.

So hard to return from leg injuries. Atleast with shoulder injuries you can keep on your feet. Knee injuries, all you can do is sit on the couch and get fat.

Chops_a_must

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Apr 20, 2008
The Terrortory!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Uni Rats! Believeburgh
Ive had a shoulder reco, and had a serious knee injury with subsequent surgery, but if i had to choose, id take a shoulder injury anyday of the week.

So hard to return from leg injuries. Atleast with shoulder injuries you can keep on your feet. Knee injuries, all you can do is sit on the couch and get fat.

Depends if you're a single figure golfer though doesn't it?

After I posted above, I actually dislocated the lower leg and had a depressed fracture in the femur, from running and twisting - before I had it reconned. That was seriously horrendous.

I like my cycling, so apart from about 2 months, it didn't really effect me. Whereas bad shoulder injuries - it's a pain in the arse to do any work, dressing yourself or anything like that.

Jimmy 35

Team Captain
Oct 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
did my shoulder playing my first seniors game (2010 round 1) and disclocated my shoulder having some 110 fat full back jump on me when i mark the ball and had my arms out front (landed on my chest :confused:) and comepletely screwed it up.

Had the reco - missed the year. Unfortunetly by round 1 last year i did it again (although not a dislocation, and subluction) then preceeded to do it 3 times again through season. So i was in out of the side due to my shoulder and missed about half the season. At seasons end i had a second operation (this time a laterjet i think its called) and now not playing for another 10 weeks - half my season.

Safe to say i've had a bad run with my left shoulder, lol

Back