Your worst injury ?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have an iatrogenic injury.

It gives me chronic pain, daily. As well pin and needles, twitching, hypoglycemia. Its lead to a number of serious and potentially fatal issues.

I have an iatrogenic injury.

It gives me chronic pain, daily. As well pin and needles, twitching, hypoglycemia. Its lead to a number of serious and potentially fatal issues.
Jeez, what was botched?

Personally, Broken hip sucked, Done your typical ACL/PCL but nothing more sheer painful then the hip.

Did some bad damage to my achilles as a teenager

Never got it looked at, treated it basically as a sprained ankle and couldnt walk for weeks before I eventually could limp and then a couple months later was relatively back to normal

For the first week I expected it to be back to normal each morning I woke up, so I would hop around the house all day on one leg, it was a massive pain in the ass, I couldnt put a fragment of pressure on it. Had to lean against the wall when pissing because my arms were so tired from holding on to benches etc to balance. It was messy.

Eventually got crutches but still never got it looked at, hobbled on crutches for a fair while until it was strong enough to walk

Not the most painful, but the hardest to deal with by a long way

Jeez, what was botched?

Personally, Broken hip sucked, Done your typical ACL/PCL but nothing more sheer painful then the hip.

I was in the orthopedic section of the hospital. The other people in the room were old people with broken hips. My pain was pretty bad but I felt for them. Seemed like a terrible thing to go through. A couple had been there for a month or so.

Crushed (and subsequently amputated) left index finger and fractured left middle finger in 12 places. 6 months of physio to get my finger strength back. Accident involving my left hand getting crushed in a metal press.

Only broken bone is my nose which wasn't too bad, just gave me a massive headache for a week.

Worst is probably my shoulder, fell down the stairs in September 2013 and it still isn't fully recovered. Seemed like a rotator cuff tear at first but scans never confirmed it, it got better through cortisone then came back this year and eventually cortisone fixed it up again. Think it'll be a bit of a recurrent thing, no idea if it'll ever be painless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got my nose broken playing indoor cricket. And I have a permanently bruised big toe from hockey.

I played basketball and when I was going for the rebound my leg got caught between someone elses so I landed awkwardly. I heard something pop in my knee and I knew it was my ACL :( A month after the injury I had surgery to get the hamstring tendon as my new ACL and the surgeon discovered that I damaged some of my cartilage. So now I can't get back to sport between 10-12 months..............

Easy! Just getting over it. Broken ankle, collarbone, sturnum, 12 ribs and bruised lungs. All in one shot. Hadn't broken anything before that. Rolled ankle was my worst beforehand.
Nice. Car accident? 12 ribs would have been fun at once. I broke 2 and it had me rolling around on the ground in pain with a sneeze or cough. That's yuk man thinking about having 12 among the rest of some serious injuries.

A hernia, it was painful before the operation but even more painful for the few days after the operation, I struggled just to get out of bed and walk.

I copped a couple of medial ligament knee injuries, ankle injuries and a dislocated finger playing rugby but I got off lightly compared to some other guys I played with.

Also had my two front teeth knocked out playing cricket, it wasn't even against a fast bowler, it was against a spin bowler in the nets and the ball leapt up off the edge off the concrete pitch as I was playing a sweep.

A broken nose which required 6 stitches across it.

For the record I've got a pretty big injury list. Had a broken toe, fractured ankle, shin splints, broke 2 ribs, fractured 1, dislocated shoulder 3 times, had2 broken fingers, broke my nose 3 times and have been stitched up about 6 times

not sure if illness counts but if so viral meningitis wins, ******* awful week that was in hospital

otherwise, footy injuries - grade 4 AC joint, about four broken hands, ankle reconstruction etc

Crushed (and subsequently amputated) left index finger and fractured left middle finger in 12 places. 6 months of physio to get my finger strength back. Accident involving my left hand getting crushed in a metal press.

You should have taken up lead guitar in a heavy metal band. It worked out well for Tony Iommi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back