reg_lower91

Premiership Player
May 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Watsonia F.C.
One that made me go beserk recently was the 2013 loss to Collingwood 2nd time around. Played 3 solid weeks of footy against top teams, Collingwood looked out of sorts, and we should nab one win against a respectable opponent.

Nope, absolutely flogged.

Left at half time in a fit of rage.

Watched that game from Thailand. Had a bet with my mate where every goal Pies kicked, I had to do a shot of tequila. Every goal we kicked he had to do Sambuca. Was having a right old laugh in the first 20mins. Don't remember much more of that day/ night after that.

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
There was a game against Essendon where we kicked the first 4-5 goals then they kicked the next 100 odd points. Fev went to full back. Even Kepler Bradley kicked a few.

Worst bit was I went with a girl who didn;t understand football and her two essendon supporting mates, both of whom where absolute campaigners.

And they were late and holding the tickets so we missed the short period of game worth watching.

Our elimination final loss to Brisbane a few years ago. 30 point lead into the final quarter, only to choke and have Bradshaw pull stuff from his arse. Would have been the first time ever an interstate team won a final over there. It hurts a lot more considering the fact that Bulldogs would have been our opponents the next week, who we had a very good record against.

Jan 12, 2013
Tailing foxy_dal
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Ravens, Hornets, Oilers
Round 19, 2002 against port at princess park. We had kicked four behinds until half time, and port supporters around me were droning on about how we had the wooden spoon sewn up. Then we came back in the second half, only to lose by 9 points. It was so frustrating, because I wanted to give it to those port flogs so badly.

I remember leaving the ground crying into my scarf.

Sep 10, 2003
Exile
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Our elimination final loss to Brisbane a few years ago. 30 point lead into the final quarter, only to choke and have Bradshaw pull stuff from his arse. Would have been the first time ever an interstate team won a final over there. It hurts a lot more considering the fact that Bulldogs would have been our opponents the next week, who we had a very good record against.

That was a shocker............had it by the ball-sack halfway through the last.

Can't we break it up into decades/finals???

Elimination final loss against Brisbane was pretty tough. Did not want to talk to anyone for a while after that game.

Few losses that stand out, but the one I always remember was SOS' 300th against the Tigers. He got a standing ovation before the game which was something I'd never experienced and I had a pretty good feeling we'd get up. He was one of my favourite players so I wanted to boys to pull out a win for him on his milestone game. I was absolutely shattered when we lost.

This.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Yeah I won't forget that one either - I was helping out the in-laws at their farm and we were out in the paddocks. Could only listen to it on the radio and it was INFURIATING to hear!

pepalenko

rolling with my cronies
May 4, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, SanFransisco 49s, Yankees
Dont know about worst but 3 very memorable ones that stand out.
1981 Essendon by a point at PP. Fitzy timewasting decision.
1993 GF
Late 90s early 00?? Ben Dixon kicking after the siren at the G for the Hawks to get up.
Come to think of it count in the Fevola after siren kick against Hawks as well. Geez I want to beat that mob.

bludrew79

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2008
Croydon
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Houston Rockets Oakland A's

Have to agree
First final in the Judd era.
Was up at my then girlfriend, now wifes, parents farm meeting them for the first time.
After dinner sat outside, one out, with a 20cm tv (grainy) thinking we were home...
Only to need 6 more beers and a few reds to drown my sorrows....

The now in laws said to my wife the next day "He's not the one for you, we think he has an alcohol problem"
"Nah, he just loves his club"

BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
Dont know about worst but 3 very memorable ones that stand out.
1981 Essendon by a point at PP. Fitzy timewasting decision.
1993 GF
Late 90s early 00?? Ben Dixon kicking after the siren at the G for the Hawks to get up.
Come to think of it count in the Fevola after siren kick against Hawks as well. Geez I want to beat that mob.

Yeah unfortunately we've had quite a few soul destroying losses to Hawthorn (would love a win in a GF against those mongrels).
Here's another of my worst - Friggen' Dixon...

Juddalenko

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Can't remember the year - during the Lucas/Lloyd era. Bombers came back from 30 odd at 3/4 time to beat us (Lucas was chief destroyer). I was at the Ben Dixon one - that was horrid.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Was at the Blighty 80m goal.
And hawf loss when Fev missed.
93*.