Universal Love YouTube Bomber Clips

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys

sorry for the intrusion but I was wondering if anyone on here has any James Hird highlights on video tape etc? I know there is YouTube but the quality is poor. I'm happy to trade as I have a few Essendon videos dating back to the 80's.

Looking for some of his earlier footage, in particular high marks and great goals.

Decent highlights package of hird and buckley.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-08/who-comes-out-on-top-hird-buckley

Actually forgot how much I loved watching them both play.

Hird and Buckley are difficult to compare as they were different players.

- Buckley won more of the ball and was a superior and more penetrating kick.
- Hird was more versatile - centre, wing, half forward, half back. And he could probably influence as game more with fewer disposals and had great vision.

Watching that Paul Salmon clip on the website made me wonder what he would be worth today.

A player standing at 206cm, 110+kgs, as mobile and good around the ground as Dean Cox but more physically imposing and who sat comfortably at full forward where he was good enough to kick 550+ goals.

He was an incredible player. It's a shame that did not hang around to be part of the 2000 side (ruck was a weakness it had).

Was going to post YouTube clips of those MMM and ABC commentry of the last 4 mins of Saturday's game...but got no data.

And that sensational run by Travis ended up in that goal...

Been a bit slack lately with this thread. We need to keep all awesome highlights kept in here for quick access by everyone-so don't be shy loading them up peoples. :)

Doss can you find any videos with Ed Considine? My son's best mate is his son, his second son Fraser. Apparently Ed's father played for Essendon too and are interested in Fraser, who is only 14. Big boy and very quick.
fish, this is a very old post but check the Essendon v Melbourne 1992 video I posted above. Ed Considine is in that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legend and still my footy hero. Loved the bushy bearded look when he was a young high-flier and loved how he then became a leading figure in back-to-backs when I was an impressionable 11-12 yr old.

Really enjoyed that interview but there were so many questions I would've asked that never came up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back