Universal Love YouTube Bomber Clips

Remove this Banner Ad

Legend and still my footy hero. Loved the bushy bearded look when he was a young high-flier and loved how he then became a leading figure in back-to-backs when I was an impressionable 11-12 yr old.

Really enjoyed that interview but there were so many questions I would've asked that never came up.
Simon The Pieman's our hero,
When he takes the big marks in the square,
We know that when he's out there performing,
That the premiership cup will be there...

Pls acknowledge the straightness of the ball ups
Indeed they were.

Also, that's the greatest quarter in this club's history. It's without parallel. I wish I'd seen it live- or indeed, been around for it.

Pls acknowledge the straightness of the ball ups

Man I'm going to watch that in full later...for the 1204th time!

Couple of minutes in...Merv swoops on a loose ball on wing..beautiful pick up..thumps the ball 55 to the hot spot..Hawthorn defenders panic and fly for it on mass..ball over pack of pack..Bradbury bangs through another one snd the onslaught begins. Love it.

Bit of weekend Lloydy magic to sit back and relax with..

The diving 2nd mark..the Rioli tap back..the soccer kick off the ground in goal square ..brilliant.

Indeed they were.

Also, that's the greatest quarter in this club's history. It's without parallel. I wish I'd seen it live- or indeed, been around for it.

Spent all day standing in the outer with a bunch of piss heads. Best day of footy I've ever had.

Second half of the Essendon vs Geelong Rd 6 1987. For Tasmanian viewers, note Peter Gee on commentary

having never been to those old club grounds, watching those games are brilliant, to get an idea what they were like. unfortunately there isn't much left of Windy hill as well as the other club grounds & not much information about them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

having never been to those old club grounds, watching those games are brilliant, to get an idea what they were like. unfortunately there isn't much left of Windy hill as well as the other club grounds & not much information about them

Windy Hill was a great ground for the supporters. Much like Princes Park and Vic Park the atmosphere was pure tribal.
Packed in like sardines and loving every minute of home ground crowd advantage.

But I went to Etihad for the first time this year (that awful Bulldogs game) and was so amazed at the facilities that are available for fans.

I sat back thinking of the deplorable conditions we used to endure at WH just to watch our heroes play.

I'm glad I was born early to experience many seasons at WH ,but the G and Etihad are true footy heaven.

Enjoy the old games. I still do..trying to spot myself at 12 years old sitting on the bowling club brick wall. :)

Might as well stick it in the vault.

A very young Hird (in 49) and Misiti (in 52) here in a big win over North in Round 23, 1992.

And, our huge win over Geelong in the 1989 Qualifying Final. Pity about the reversal two weeks later...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back