Youtube of Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Hah yeah saw 'Taco' on Sportsnation this arvo.

Will be interesting to see how he goes down the track. Not to sound like an ass and I hope he doesn't, but usually guys that big run into problems don't they?

Nice thread, could spend my whole Sunday on here

And I'm sure we have all seen this

Hah yeah saw 'Taco' on Sportsnation this arvo.

Will be interesting to see how he goes down the track. Not to sound like an ass and I hope he doesn't, but usually guys that big run into problems don't they?

From the guys I've seen have had problems , Yao being the most recent one i can think of. It's a big call (no pun intended :D) but if this kid bulks up he could be more dominate than what Shaq was.

From the guys I've seen have had problems , Yao being the most recent one i can think of. It's a big call (no pun intended :D) but if this kid bulks up he could be more dominate than what Shaq was.

THAT IS A HUGE CALL

Guys that big are not quick enough to be great players. Yao is the closest we have seen to being "great" all the other excessively large guys like Muresan, Bol, Smits, Bradley, Eaton, im talking 7'4 and up have just been lane cloggers. Yao was only close to being great too because he was so fundamentally sound with his jumpshot. A lot of those tall guys cant shoot to save themselves. Smits went alright IIRC though.

That type of tall player is almost considered a disadvantage nowadays with teams preferring small ball. Smaller, quicker player but still athletic. It's why Shaq when he retired said he was the last great bigman and he was right.

I fear for that kid. They are gonna hype him up to be something he isnt. In that video I saw him post up guys who were maybe 6'4 tops. He is 7'5, he would turn around and dunk it with two hands. That was it. That was the video. Him repeatedly doing that. Or blocking shots from tiny guards who would come into the lane.

Imagine the shock he will get when he starts playing guys closer to his height. Just guys around 6'11, 7'0 which real power, strength and quickness. He will get eaten alive probably.

Having said all that, that is the first I have seen or heard of him. That video is all I have to go on. He may be way better than that. But that video makes him look like an average player taking advantage of his height.

I used to see it all the time as a kid when I was playing basketball at under 14's level and stuff like that. I was tiny. Like 5'3 and played the PG spot. They would have a guy on their team who was a freak for 14, someone like 6'6 or something, and they would just dump it inside over and over again and we would lose the game. I knew I was a better basketball player than that big guy, but at that age and height, their is nothing you could do about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn't seen or heard anything of Matthew Dellavedova in the NBA but he's made himself a fan favourite as an 'energy' guy with the Cavs. The highlights package above from the Wizards game shows why, he's really busting his arse on D.

Not Youtube related (well, it could be) but what are the best NBA Podcasts out there? Already llisten to the Lowe Post and the Jalen Rose Report.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back