YVMDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Cupido got the arse from croydon, decided to take the Nathan O'thief stance and steal some dough from a teammate very reliable source tells me is mt Evelyn bound on the premise of he will have a big cheque at the end of it all if they stay in first divvy but has a few other interviews to work through first ! Obviously the highest bidder will always win with that waste of talent

Big Damian 6 goals 4 behinds super effort ! Mt.evelyn relegated please....

If I had to frame a market for relegation, it would look something like this:

Mount Evelyn 7/2 last week was a big step in the right direction. It might come down to round 18 v Healesville
Healesville 4 have played surprisingly well this year. Haven't won away yet, which is a worry
Warby 9/2 they should be allright...as long as they win in round 10 and 12
Upwey 8 everyone knows they won't finish last. They shouldn't even be on this list.
Emerald 9 better than their ladder position would indicate. Wouldn't want to lose this week though.
Wandin 10 shaping up as a finalist
Monbulk, Olinda 15 double chance contenders, not really really in the relegation mix
Gembrook, Woori 100 either would have to lose their last 10 in a row...and have other results go against them

Does anyone remember the old YVMDFL forum? This exchange from May 2004 made me smile, with the League floating another one of their crazy ideas. Fortunately Side Swipe was around to bring them back to earth:

Subject: Netball
Posted by:YVMDFL
Would you like to see Netball played at the same time as Football in the YVMDFL?

Subject: Netball
Posted by: Side Swipe

Don’t know what you mean!
Are you saying that the local netball club and their footy club should play the same fixtures, as happens with many other country leagues? If so, it’s going to be hard to shift the girls from their present competitions, Might be four or five netball comps within the league now. That is a lot of reorganisation and would sure put SWMBO and her netball mates in a fine state of mind.
Sure, I can see them changing to the YVMDFL scheme. Not!

no round 8 thread this week? i would do it my self but havent been a member long enough! is everyone still shocked that upwey won a game...? or that wandin handed the bombers there 3rd loss at home in 2 years?

no round 8 thread this week? i would do it my self but havent been a member long enough! is everyone still shocked that upwey won a game...? or that wandin handed the bombers there 3rd loss at home in 2 years?

Or that Upwey gave Wandin an absolute hiding - are the Tigers back

Shows that a lot can happen in 7 days. It was only a week ago that the thread started about whether Upwey could be relegated and now they're half a game out of the 5. Having said that, finals this year could come down to percentages - Mt. Evelyn on bottom is only 1 match out of the 5 with last 4 teams having better percentage than Wandin at 6th.

Shows that a lot can happen in 7 days. It was only a week ago that the thread started about whether Upwey could be relegated and now they're half a game out of the 5. Having said that, finals this year could come down to percentages - Mt. Evelyn on bottom is only 1 match out of the 5 with last 4 teams having better percentage than Wandin at 6th.
....and we start the second round of matches.
Agree. MIW.
Just shows you cant (hate these Italian keyboards!!! How do you type apostrophes??!!) keep the Tigers down for long.
Maybe Sachy really was the catalyst? Go Jason!!

Basking by the hotel pool in Rome at 30+ degrees! Hope to be back in time for the next game. Looks like the most interesting season for a few years.

Agree. MIW.
Just shows you cant (hate these Italian keyboards!!! How do you type apostrophes??!!) keep the Tigers down for long.

Basking by the hotel pool in Rome at 30+ degrees! Hope to be back in time for the next game. Looks like the most interesting season for a few years.

Too many peroni s Monnie it's the most interesting season since umm last year

Agree. MIW.

I do not think that anything said on the forum had the slightest affect on the The Tigers (or anyone else), getting players back from injury, a few changes in training and game day tactics, a a realization from the players that they were letting Spanner down, and a real pulling together from everyone at the club are the real reasons - not someone bagging via a forum.

I do not think that anything said on the forum had the slightest affect on the The Tigers (or anyone else), getting players back from injury, a few changes in training and game day tactics, a a realization from the players that they were letting Spanner down, and a real pulling together from everyone at the club are the real reasons - not someone bagging via a forum.
Quite right, sportguru!
However, I was being tongue-in-cheek, so I don't classify Jason's post as outright 'bagging'! It was more a cry of alarm tinged with some frustration rather than an attack on the players.
After all, Upwey supporters had just entered totally new territory and most don't have prior experience of dealing with lack of success. Jas is a bit like his dad; totally committed, dedicated and emotional about the Tiges! Go him!!
;)
And you're correct, Bertron. Peronis at less than a dollar for 660ml when you know where to shop! They also make some good wines! 2 litres of scotch at Singapore on the way home and trying to get the circadian rhythm back into equilibrium has impaired my otherwise impeccable judgement!
However, I'm still in denial about last year....

Wellconnected; you answered one half of valleyvibes questions. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dissapointed in u Monniehawk!
Missing the grand event of Tim Wraggs 250th Senior Game for Monbulk! Against the local rival as well.
Barb wont be happy that u missing the goden boy's big game!
On a Serious Note well done Tim. You have been a fantastic player for our club & most importantly you and your young family are a intrinsic part of our club.:thumbsu::footy:

Wellconnected; you answered one half of valleyvibes questions. ;)

Not sure what the exact reason was (dont know if one was given) but in the weeks leading up to it he wasn't happy with the numbers at training or the level of commitment from a handful of senior players and the majority of the reserves. To be honest I think its weak as p!ss on his behalf. Would want to have a good reason to walk out on a club mid year. Really just leaving the guys who were having a crack in the lurch...

Seinor captain has taken he reins for the time being. Plenty of guys to come back from injury and a couple of quality players have just come out of the woodwork. Still an outside chance. Hopefully o_O

Dissapointed in u Monniehawk!
Missing the grand event of Tim Wraggs 250th Senior Game for Monbulk! Against the local rival as well.
Barb wont be happy that u missing the goden boy's big game!
On a Serious Note well done Tim. You have been a fantastic player for our club & most importantly you and your young family are a intrinsic part of our club.:thumbsu::footy:
Cagga, not sure what you are on! We got back on Tuesday - jet lagged after 36 hours travelling (or should that be travailling??!)
We will be there for the 250th (just printing his and Ben Seamer's 250 game certificates atm!) and then a big weekend of family celebs for 5 events: our Ruby Anniversary, Barb, Tim and Jorja's birthdays and Tim's 250.

I also heard you are off for an extended time working O.S., Cagga. Three years with the family in tow. Exciting stuff for them, also.
Best of luck. A big career move and looking forward to catching up on all the details tomorrow at The G.

Cagga, not sure what you are on! We got back on Tuesday - jet lagged after 36 hours travelling (or should that be travailling??!)
We will be there for the 250th (just printing his and Ben Seamer's 250 game certificates atm!) and then a big weekend of family celebs for 5 events: our Ruby Anniversary, Barb, Tim and Jorja's birthdays and Tim's 250.

I also heard you are off for an extended time working O.S., Cagga. Three years with the family in tow. Exciting stuff for them, also.
Best of luck. A big career move and looking forward to catching up on all the details tomorrow at The G.
Great to hear I knew Barb wouldnt let it happen. Hoping to get there 2morrow, but just a few things to organise.

Great effort from Wraggy.
he has been a great player for monny and a pain in the butt for everyone else I am sure.
Good luck for the next 150.

Howdy all, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on James Ashby playing for Wandin? what type of player is he, position ect. thanks in advance.

James ashby from wandin fc is a dashing hff with great skills and loves a goal. At times looks to be undiscipline!! What brings your attention to this young fella fencesitter?

So from here on there is to be no personal names good or bad mentioned... Is that how this works??? Maybe Carlie's dad should have a heart to heart with his daughter rather than worry what other ppl have to say about her... Just saying

So from here on there is to be no personal names good or bad mentioned... Is that how this works??? Maybe Carlie's dad should have a heart to heart with his daughter rather than worry what other ppl have to say about her... Just saying

If you can't see what's wrong with what was posted you need help. s**t stirring is one thing but that was poor at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back