YVMDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the netball footage on VV, and the correct decision at the time was absolutely made in my opinion. There are times where you can't even see the goal posts, which would be 40-50m from the camera. Agreed that it's disappointing to have a game called off, but from all accounts it was the right decision at the time and agreed to by the parties that matter.
Whatever the outcome on Saturday, that decision surely can't be used as a scapegoat. There are 17 other games that Healesville or Emerald can hang their hat on. Which brings me to Saturday..
The are 4 possible outcomes. 3 favour Emerald, yet I feel the one that favors Healesville is the most likely. If I framed a market:
1. Healesville win Emerald Lose. Emerald relegated. $2.10
2. Healesville lose Emerald lose. Healesville relegated. $2.40
3. Healesville win Emerald win. Healesville relegated. $3.70
4. Healesville lose Emerald win. Healesville relegated. $4.50

If you had $20, where would you place it?!!!!!!

I watched the netball footage on VV, and the correct decision at the time was absolutely made in my opinion. There are times where you can't even see the goal posts, which would be 40-50m from the camera. Agreed that it's disappointing to have a game called off, but from all accounts it was the right decision at the time and agreed to by the parties that matter.
Whatever the outcome on Saturday, that decision surely can't be used as a scapegoat. There are 17 other games that Healesville or Emerald can hang their hat on. Which brings me to Saturday..
The are 4 possible outcomes. 3 favour Emerald, yet I feel the one that favors Healesville is the most likely. If I framed a market:
1. Healesville win Emerald Lose. Emerald relegated. $2.10
2. Healesville lose Emerald lose. Healesville relegated. $2.40
3. Healesville win Emerald win. Healesville relegated. $3.70
4. Healesville lose Emerald win. Healesville relegated. $4.50

If you had $20, where would you place it?!!!!!!
I would place my $20 on scenario 2. I think Mt Eve will get over the line against the Bloods at home. Emerald will put in a big effort against Wandin but i think Wandin might just pip them and send Healesville down to Div 2. They wont be there for long as apart from Belgrave i think every other team has gone backwards this year. The fact that a team like Y.J can loose so many players and still be playing for a spot in the finals in the last round is proof.

I would place my $20 on scenario 2. I think Mt Eve will get over the line against the Bloods at home. Emerald will put in a big effort against Wandin but i think Wandin might just pip them and send Healesville down to Div 2. They wont be there for long as apart from Belgrave i think every other team has gone backwards this year. The fact that a team like Y.J can loose so many players and still be playing for a spot in the finals in the last round is proof.

Murphy and Tes have already been ruled out for MtEv this week. Moneys on option one which will be a good result for all.

Hows healesville's ground looking at the moment?

Could have taken a swim at YG on the weekend.

Healesville was about the worst I've seen it - but still a lot better than heaps of other grounds. Just that Healesville drains so well it never really gets too bad. No real mud to speak off apart from centre circle. Lot of grassy cover but water was pooled up everywhere - especially on boundary lines. Lots of players skidding and occasionally looked like the Moomba water skiing. Should recover fairly quickly though.

I was working up in Warby yesterday, that ground = disgrace, then went to have a look at Junctions = picture perfect (except for a few slightly muddy spots) maybe the rain missed yj on saturday.

Put ya money up then.

With the amount of "facts" you have given that have eventuated this year, I'd suggest keeping your wallet closed Fingy.
I recall you making a similar statement earlier in the year regarding Hedge not going to play due to injury, but he played, kicked 3 or 4 and was in the best by memory.

Looking at the team sheets from last week, Emerald seemed to have some big outs last week?? I noted that Taylor didn't play and Livermore (another interleague player) missed aswell. Can someone from bomberland, 'in the know' OR 'spoke to some guy at the pub' shed any light on why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the amount of "facts" you have given that have eventuated this year, I'd suggest keeping your wallet closed Fingy.
I recall you making a similar statement earlier in the year regarding Hedge not going to play due to injury, but he played, kicked 3 or 4 and was in the best by memory.

The Hedge info was obviously wrong but at the time that was the info I was given. Other than that Ive been spot on its been fair to say. You hang your hat on the one wrong though.

Cant find many that dont agree. Healesvilles ground >>>>>>>>Emeralds its simple.
Channel 9 have won the rights over valley vision to the olinda woori reserves game. Tomorrow
3. Olympians playing tomorrow Scotty martin and two other heavyweights
With dirty Harry picked it could be the ugly if a melee starts
Steffanson was picked but when he saw the weather report and he had to play in a team he pulled out

Channel 9 have won the rights over valley vision to the olinda woori reserves game. Tomorrow
3. Olympians playing tomorrow Scotty martin and two other heavyweights
With dirty Harry picked it could be the ugly if a melee starts
Steffanson was picked but when he saw the weather report and he had to play in a team he pulled out

Awesome, will dye my hair a stronger grey to get noticed. Who's commentating ?

The Ofcfnc would like to take this opportunity to Congratulate Michael Scott on his outstanding Contribution to not only our club but the YVMDFNL.After 403 club games 8 Club and 1 League B&fs and 3 Premierships Mick has decided to step down as senior coach.Well done to Tim who played his 300th game yesterday. A big thanks to the Club the league and to Danny Ryan and Woori Yallock for for all your contributions in making it a very memorable day.

The Ofcfnc would like to take this opportunity to Congratulate Michael Scott on his outstanding Contribution to not only our club but the YVMDFNL.After 403 club games 8 Club and 1 League B&fs and 3 Premierships Mick has decided to step down as senior coach.Well done to Tim who played his 300th game yesterday. A big thanks to the Club the league and to Danny Ryan and Woori Yallock for for all your contributions in making it a very memorable day.
We're all gonna miss them.
I know it's over-used, but not in this case. The Scott boys are absolute Champions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back