Zero gamers at your club who will be guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey I didn't say they would be good :p, just that they could be anything, what they both are now is gawnnnn.
It's alright, we all know deep down that had they been given the chance they'd have shared the Brownlow, Norm Smith, Coleman... ;)

Seems pretty obvious to pick our #4 draft selection Marcus Bontempelli, so I'll go with 2012 draftee Josh Prudden. He's taken some time (very used to seeing Prudden - 1 week - ankle) but has performed well in the VFL and has a real hunger for the contest. One thing I've loved seeing in his highlights packages is his ability to get the ball in a contest and wheel around and find a target straight away and hit them on the chest - he doesn't look like he has time, but he always does. Hopefully he can adjust that to AFL level.

LOL at people saying this years latest batch of draftees.

Put your neck out and say a guy from 2012, or how about that ruck men/KPP who's been on the list for 3 years now and hasn't played yet.
Off you go then.

Most of Adelaide's young talent has been blooded through the last few years.

No one from our zero gamers stand out and we haven't had the picks to replenish the young talent (our own fault obviously). I think Siggins will be a handy player in time but it's debatable whether he becomes a gun.

Current zero gamers.

Dom Sheed - All class. Will play 200+ games health and fitness permitting. Debuting today.

McGovern - 22 this year. Played his first league game as a defender and stared. Missed two of the three seasons he's been at the club. Strong mark, good hands and a brilliant kick of the football. Should debut this year.

Brant Colledge - 192cm utility. Played just a hand full of league games after missing most of 2013. Played midfield for East Perth Yesterday collecting 23 touches through the midfield and kicking one goal. Should debut this year.

Will Maginness - Genuinely impressed those in the club with his efforts at training. Natural accumulator of the football, good on the inside and out. Will easily bulk up by the looks of things. Just needs to work on his ball use and he could be a future star for the club.

Rowan Powell - Third tall defender with good top line speed, good user by hand and foot and versatile. Liked him a lot at Claremont last year and excited to see how he develops. Already impressed on the track.

Tom Barrass - Tall defender currently out with an LTI. Classy user and smart reader of play. Long term prospect.

Dylan Main - Just drafted. Skinny wing man/ flanker. Understated clean user of the ball. Not a gun but certainly capable of making it.

Malcom Karpany - Small forward/ defender. Looks like a classy mover but i'm yet to see him play.

Fraser McInnes - Tall forward/ruck at the moment. Probably lacks distinct strengths. Hard to see him cracking a game as Lycett and Sinclair are ahead of him. As is McGovern who has switched into defense this season. I won't put a line through any developing tall but West Coast have too many players ahead of him at both ends and the recruitment of Barrass hasn't helped his long term prospects. Needs to stand up in his third season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got one game under his belt but the Manimal Luke Dunstan.

Daniel Markworth - Would have debuted last year but for a pre-season ACL, smart guy, smart footballer. Moves well and should be one of the new breed of giant midfielders (listed at 189, in reality would be 191-192)

Spinner White - Freakish athlete, tall with afterburners. Learning from our skipper and learning well

Off you go then.

Most of Adelaide's young talent has been blooded through the last few years.

No one from our zero gamers stand out and we haven't had the picks to replenish the young talent (our own fault obviously). I think Siggins will be a handy player in time but it's debatable whether he becomes a gun.
Cam Ellis Yolmen mate

We'd really be hoping that our top crop from back to back years all make it or become very good players at the very least otherwise our creative list management would have been wasted.

Grundy, Kennedy, Broomhead, Scharenberg and Freeman.

I know Grundy and Kennedy have played half a dozen games each but we really need this crop to make it.

Liam McBean. Drafted in 2012, and managed to kick 37 goals from 14 games in the VFL as an undersized (light framed) Key Forward/Ruckman. Would have debuted against GWS last year, but injured his ankle. Unique player in that he is so clean below his knees for someone of his size.

Nick Robertson will be a beast. Had better endurance than Kelly from the Giants at age 16 before injury. 191cm+ 91kg+ ready made inside mid with good speed and elite endurance are as rare as hens teeth. Aggressive and from reports is a very hard trainer (has to be told to hold off at training or he will just keep going until he spews) Will be a gun and unstoppable in his prime.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s-afl-dream-call/story-fngeflq8-1226761739988

was considered as good as Martin and Hogan as a 16 year old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back