Zero gamers at your club who will be guns

Having watched Mason Wood play at VFL level he's a really exciting prospect.

Big tank, good overhead mark, aggressive and kicks a few. Would be very surprised if he does't debut this season.
What position has he been playing in the VFL? I liked him the most on a wing watching him down here in Geelong before he was drafted.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Hewett and Nankervis for us. Playing really well at ressie level
Hewett's one I was really keen on pre-draft as someone that received very little fanfare. Is he likely to get a gig soon or still has a few things to work on before he gets a look in? Keen to see him play.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Hewett's one I was really keen on pre-draft as someone that received very little fanfare. Is he likely to get a gig soon or still has a few things to work on before he gets a look in? Keen to see him play.

Doubtful for this year, still a bit light. but if he keeps putting up good performances and our firsts keep sucking then he may get a gig in the last 3/4rd

LBJ6

Club Legend
May 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Heat
Salem is probably the only one i'll stick my neck out for... 37 disposals and BOG in the VFL today so may debut next week.

Orazio Fantasia. 20 odd touches, like 8 tackles and 4 goals last weekend, all 66 kilos of him.

Technically Kurt Aylett played one game for GWS as the sub in 2012, but we might see him this week, apparently had an enormous game in the middle on friday

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
flynn is coming back from ireland soon for port, will take a couple of years but i think he will be pretty good, played a couple of trials and just showed a couple of signs of being one of those real irish talents. took the game on (got caught, needs to learn awareness) but that will come with experience. clean hands and a bit of dash, will take time but im looking forward to watching him develop at the maggies, then on to afl level with the power come 2015-16. hes probably the most likely to be a 'gun' as the thread title suggests.

another is mitch harvey, big bloke at only 18, good hands, nice set shot, can ruck, very happy to have him developing at the club

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Having watched Mason Wood play at VFL level he's a really exciting prospect.

Big tank, good overhead mark, aggressive and kicks a few. Would be very surprised if he does't debut this season.

Good call.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was quietly hoping we would somehow pick him..hopefully gets on the park in the year or so!

Yep, by all reports he's doing very nicely in the 2s and would certainly offer us something we currently lack in terms of outside speed and good quality disposal.

Doubt we'll see him this year but I'd be tipping he'll get games in 2016.

The Gtrain

All Australian
Oct 31, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep, by all reports he's doing very nicely in the 2s and would certainly offer us something we currently lack in terms of outside speed and good quality disposal.

Doubt we'll see him this year but I'd be tipping he'll get games in 2016.
Great news for you guys, you have werribee as your feeder don't you?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Back