Zero gamers at your club who will be guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Due to our injuries this year our only 0 game players are Gavin Roberts and Viv Michie.

Could also include NSW rookies Craig Moller and Thomas Head. Moller has gun potential.

Michie I reckon could be a gun. He started to dominate a few games this year picking up over 15 possessions in the first half of his last few games in the WAFL, before his heel kept limiting him in the second half. Stupidly Freo staff kept telling him he´s okay to keep playing resulting in season ending surgery soon after. Great ball user.

Moller will shine this year playing as first ruckman in the U18´s. Can kick a goal as well that kid.

this could very well be my new sig for the lulz:D

hmac is a 2 time AA squad member, the only other current ruckmen who have achieved that are cox and sandilands:thumbsu:

Darren Jolly?

Luke Mitchell.

It may not happen this year but this guy is one to watch.

You blue supporters really rate and love Luke Mitchell dont you.

How did he go this year after an injury affected year before? kick many goals in the VFL

Does he play much next year as a tall forward? surely pushes Thornton out and Ohailpin gone leave a spot maybe for him, if hes this good that carlton fans say he is?

How did he go this year after an injury affected year before? kick many goals in the VFL

Does he play much next year as a tall forward? surely pushes Thornton out and Ohailpin gone leave a spot maybe for him, if hes this good that carlton fans say he is?

Pretty much missed the year with a shoulder, but that op and recovery is over now and he's into full training.
Looking the goods right now, but only game-day can really tell.
I'll have some money on him to make an impact next year.

Maybe not this year but he is certainly one to keep a watch on. Thats a bit harsh IMO he has been injury riddled. Back when you were a port fan you guys would have talked up Butcher like anything.

Maybe not this year but he is certainly one to keep a watch on. Thats a bit harsh IMO he has been injury riddled. Back when you were a port fan you guys would have talked up Butcher like anything.

Dont have to talk him up, his performances so far have done the talking for him!

I guess I have to nominate Rohan Kerr because he's a zero gamer like every other team's young players. Beautiful kick with both feet who would give us more than Ellard or Armfield as a small forward who pushes into the midfield. Quick and a good mark for his size. A harder version of Houlihan after he played some midfield with the Bullants this year. Gradually improving his workrate and fitness after he finished off Bendigo with a great snap in the middle of a pack. Good running to push forward after delivering the ball inside 50 with a ball burster from the wing.
Carlton supporters rating young Carlton players.

Wonders never cease.
It's Mitchell's second year. Dawes played a total of ten games in his second and third seasons. No rush.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are correct, well read!

I didnt mention butcher, someone else brought him up.

I was merely pointing out the 'talking up' has been justified!

Apparently not well read...I thought you were talking about Mitchell, not Butcher.

I thought you were being a smarty pants. :p

My apologies.

Ha ha all good! I reckon rowe will be carltons next gun!

Big call, not sure if sarcasm call!? :p

Hopefully he will able to fill a position up forward and give guys like Mitchell and Casboult more development time.

This way we can play them if they are ready rather than out of necessity. Rowe is also only 24 so he has some developing of his own to do.

All he needs to be is a role player and if he can play as a solid forward for us, then it's a win. He doesn't need to be dominant, all we need is someone who can crash packs and take the odd contested mark. He will also take a taller defender, leaving Walker and Waite with the other defenders.

This selection caught some of us by surprise but it may just turn out to be a good selection. Having said that, it has as much chance of being a flop too, perhaps more so!

I was just asking the question in all honesty, not trying to be a smart arse at all. I really didnt know what he did this year but i remember he was rated quite highly on BF for his draft year but slid due to injury. I can see where you may have got the smart arse smell from, i had a day not long ago like that :p

Anyway what i will say is 2 injured years in a row for a big man isnt great news and everyone lookes super duper good in preseason (Masten thread).
This is the thread for nominating zero game players who will be guns, isn't it?

I must be mistaken...

EFA

JOM, Crouch and Kavanagh only accepted :D

Edit: Ive decided ill accept Smedts, Coniglio and Wingard :D aswell

Sorry mate

What's worse is the problem appears to be getting worse.

From this in his first season after being drafted:
jason-tutt.jpg

To this, in 2011:
110826133422Tutt%20game.jpg
both have different collars giving you the illusion his neck has shrunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back