Zimbabwe v New Zealand (Zimbos 1-0 up)

Remove this Banner Ad

Harare is a lovely ground.

Ervine has a hell of a lot of talent. Williamson and Taylor both batted well, but having it on in the background tended to feel as though they could have really pushed home their advantage earlier. Not much point leaving Ronchi and Neesham in the sheds even if you do push the 300 barrier.

Tremendous chase and it appears that Zimbabwean cricket is somewhat back on their feet in terms of the quality of players taking the field.

Harare is a lovely ground.

Ervine has a hell of a lot of talent. Williamson and Taylor both batted well, but having it on in the background tended to feel as though they could have really pushed home their advantage earlier. Not much point leaving Ronchi and Neesham in the sheds even if you do push the 300 barrier.

Tremendous chase and it appears that Zimbabwean cricket is somewhat back on their feet in terms of the quality of players taking the field.

I went to a cricket match in Harare in the late 80s. All the waiters and stewards were black and all the crowd that I saw were white. I felt uncomfortable with that.

But the ground itself was very nice and the locals were friendly. Loved their cricket. I have no memory of who was playing who though.

Zimbabwe bowled some utter garbage from overs 5 till 20 and took all the pressure off Guptill and Latham who didn't look too comfortable early. Hopefully they can bounce back, but with that kind of bowling, it won't matter what Ervine and Raza do with the bat.

I went to a cricket match in Harare in the late 80s. All the waiters and stewards were black and all the crowd that I saw were white. I felt uncomfortable with that.

But the ground itself was very nice and the locals were friendly. Loved their cricket. I have no memory of who was playing who though.

You could probably fit all the white people left in Zimbabwe into that ground now...

Blame complacency for the first match, seemed like they were content with 300 and didn't feel the need to push for more.

They even held Ronchi back for Neesham just because they wanted to see how he'd go finishing.

Damn it, Zim bowling first... there seems to be a bit there early on but becomes easier to bat.

Really worried now..

I hope Cricinfo's listed batting lineup for Zimbabwe isn't what they actually go for. Williams and Raza at 6 & 7 but Chakabva and Chigumbura at 4 & 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCullum, Wheeler and Sodhi can all bat, these two just need to bat another 5 or 6 overs and hit out.

11218210_10153542961392640_4905369772108102359_n.jpg

KW robbed by the looks of it

Surely NZ have better options than Ronchi? He's still a spud with the bat.
Watling wouldn't fit the bill at 7, although Ronchi down there right now is pretty useless. I can't remember him doing anything since his 100 against SL.

Wicket isn't the same as the one from the first match, Sodhi will go well here.

Everytime I see Sodhi bowl, i feel like putting on my pads and face him, such an easy bowler. Another Jeetan Patel in the making

Everytime I see Sodhi bowl, i feel like putting on my pads and face him, such an easy bowler. Another Jeetan Patel in the making
Jeetan Patel was county player of the year last year - in all three formats. After seeing how the Indians went against Moeen Ali the last time they toured, I don't like your chances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back