Draft Profile Zyrus Manson

Remove this Banner Ad

Xuren Longbottom in 2018
Lirex Simpson in 2019
Maylen Dworkiss in 2020
Xi Deng in 2021

Wouldn't mind seeing Carlton pick him up. I think we've been good at nurturing our indigenous boys. Imagine a forward line of Manson, Garlett, Walker and Betts. Talk about an indigenous all stars forward line :)

I hope West Coast pull the trigger on him - with him kicking 8-10 goals on a weekly basis, he clearly has the talent / still raw, but could be anything. He'd go well with Nik Nat.

Yeh in the NT he has been kicking bags of 8-10 most weeks it seems whether that be in reserves and league thats a fair effort.

Played 2 colt games this season and kicked 12 goals 7 (19 + shots on goal). Also found plenty of the ball and took plenty of marks.

Players like these go higher than usual (Mitch Brown Geel) and seem to be bolters. I also cant see him being picked by a club outside WA unless it is GWS massive concerns over him wanting to play outside of WA considering he wasnt even going to nominate for the draft. Pick 29 fremantle is my prediction.

Would be very surprised if GWS took him after Isiah Stevens didn't work out.

Wouldn't be surprised if a non WA team took a risk picking him. It's been said that after the first 20 odd theres no obvious order, so why not take a punt on him? He'll either work out and your club will look like geniuses or he won't and there won't be much lost.

Would be very surprised if GWS took him after Isiah Stevens didn't work out.

Wouldn't be surprised if a non WA team took a risk picking him. It's been said that after the first 20 odd theres no obvious order, so why not take a punt on him? He'll either work out and your club will look like geniuses or he won't and there won't be much lost.

I have only seen a small amount of video footage of him, but he certainly seems impressive.

At his height and athletic ability it would certainly propel him onto the books of all recruiters.

Obvioulsy he is raw, but has plenty of upside.

Alot of question marks hang over him in regards to committment, which I am sure the recruiters will be attempting to find out.

However as I have seen with Dobosz of Tasmania, talent is talent and if a kid has the drive to learn and relocate to another state (possible in Manson case) a club will be hard pressed not to seriously consider.

Draft or rookied I have no idea, but I suspect if he wants to give it a crack someone will pounce.

Fev kicked 9 on the weekend in the same side, while Manson didn't get a single score. Does anyone know if he played? Kayne Pettifier kicked 7.

Fev kicked 9 on the weekend in the same side, while Manson didn't get a single score. Does anyone know if he played? Kayne Pettifier kicked 7.

The team list suggested that he did.

Hard to find room in the forward line with those two kicking 16 between them I guess.

Whatever happened to young Waylen Manson? He was discussed a lot prior to the 2011 draft, but it seems he's fallen completely off the radar since being overlooked. Anyone know what he's up to at the minute?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was crushed that a few clubs gave him promises of rookie picks and being taled as a top 30 pick, when he wasnt picked he was pretty cut and given up

Bullet dodged by the sounds of it. A successful AFL career takes committment, perserverance and drive. As the old adage goes; 'if at first you don't succeed, try and try again', not 'give it half a shot once and if that fails, pi$$ off and sulk'.

was crushed that a few clubs gave him promises of rookie picks and being taled as a top 30 pick, when he wasnt picked he was pretty cut and given up

Well we won't see him again then as Jell said other Kids would of Gone to a State League and Put there best foot forward

Have not seen too much this year but has kicked 27 goals in 8 matches in the colts. I'm not sure if these stats are 100% correct.

http://www.wafootball.com.au/country-football/3302-day-1-results-landmark-country-championships

Colts
NORTHERN SUNS v. KIMBERLEY SPIRIT
Round 1 - 12/07/2012
Kimberley Spirit 14.7 (91)
Northern Suns 3.1 (19)
GOALS, Kimberley Spirit : Waylen MANSON 7, Kieran RIDLEY 2, Jordan SCANLON 2, Ernie Johnson 1, Milton Miskin 1
BEST, Kimberley Spirit : Waylen MANSON, Kieran RIDLEY, Ernie Johnson, ZACHARY BAGGS, Graeme THOMAS

Whatever happened to young Waylen Manson? He was discussed a lot prior to the 2011 draft, but it seems he's fallen completely off the radar since being overlooked. Anyone know what he's up to at the minute?
He was on the verge of tears at the draft camp in Melbourne (if not actually crying). That came out well before the draft & it basically cooked his chances.
It appears he's not ready for the big move & the pressures that come with league football. Not yet, anyway.

As far as I know he's back up in the sticks, not playing WAFL or anything like that.

Is this actually correct? Which clubs got that far down the path with him?

I would love just to rookie him and see how he went.

One thing is for sure, is that a Melbourne club would have to have serious guts to take him on. Perhaps he'd be better suited to a QLD/WA/NSW club. Out of the fishbowl and spotlight.
From what I can tell of the kid he hasn't even lived more than a month or so in Perth, let alone the other side of the country.
Every single club came to the same conclusion, last year, and he's not looking any closer this year.

He was on the verge of tears at the draft camp in Melbourne (if not actually crying). That came out well before the draft & it basically cooked his chances.
It appears he's not ready for the big move & the pressures that come with league football. Not yet, anyway.

IIRC he only attended the 'screening' in Perth, and bailed after 3 days?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back