ADELAIDE                 4.3   10.4   12.7  16.14  (110)
PORT ADELAIDE     4.2     7.3   14.4   14.7    (91)

Adelaide have beaten their city rivals Port Adelaide by 19 points in Showdown 32.

Ben Rutten -

Six goals to forward Taylor Walker, including three in a 90 second burst to start the second quarter provided the Crows with the advantage, and despite the Power fighting back to lead at the final break, the Crows were simply too good.

Patrick Dangerfield lead all comers with a personal best 39 possessions, including 15 contested and 14 forward 50 entries, and was ably supported by Scott Thompson (34 touches) and Rory Sloane (27 touches).

The Power seemed to be in trouble when Jay Schulz was substituted off with an eye injury late in the second quarter, and it certainly seemed to be the case with Adelaide establishing a 27 point lead early into the third term.

However, John Butcher and Justin Westhoff responded, and with the Power midfield suddenly finding some devastating run off half back, Port Adelaide began to look unstoppable, kicking six of the next seven goals to lead by three points at the last break.

Butcher and Westhoff finished with four goals each, and the opening minutes of the final quarter produced tight and tense contested football, with both sides having chances to score and break the game open.

With the game on the line in the last, ultimately it was Thompson, Dangerfield and Sloane that lifted, with goals to Ian Callinan and Graham Johncock within minutes of each other breaking the Power’s chances.


3) Dangerfield

2) Walker

1) Thompson

 Walker 6, Petrenko, Johncock 2, Thompson, Jacobs, McKernan, Tippett, Wright, Callinan
Port Adelaide: Westhoff, Butcher 4, Broadbent, Ebert 2, Jacobs, Schulz

 Dangerfield, Sloane, Walker, Thompson, Johncock, Jacobs
Port Adelaide: Westhoff, Ebert, Chaplin, Rodan, Cornes, Boak

van Berlo (leg)
Port Adelaide: Schulz (eye)

Ricky Henderson replaced Nathan van Berlo in the third quarter
Port Adelaide: Aaron Young replaced Jay Schulz at half-time

Reports: Nil

Umpires: Stewart, Nicholls, Hay

Official crowd: 41,649 at AAMI Stadium