One club’s discard is another club’s treasure. Let’s have a look at who could be the potential delisted free agent steals this off-season.
- News came today that Geelong have delisted talented forward Daniel Menzel. Four knee reconstructions could be a turn-off to potential recruiters, but he’s still one of the most talented goal-kickers in footy.
— AFL (@AFL) July 15, 2017
2. Also delisted by Geelong today was explosive forward with a booming kick, Jordan Murdoch. Murdoch has struggled with staying involved with games his whole career but has comparative stats to new Cat, Gary Rohan.
3. Brendon Goddard has his detractors but there is no doubt that he is a very talented and experienced footballer. He could suit a side lacking maturity like Carlton or Gold Coast.
Brendon Goddard’s last game for Essendon this week after the club decided not to offer him a contract for next year. Been excellent for the club in his six years. Where does he play next year?
— Callum Twomey (@CalTwomey) August 21, 2018
4. Former pick 16 Tommy Sheridan was cut by Fremantle earlier this week. The 24 year old has elite endurance and might be able to change his fortunes at a new club.
5. Port Adelaide small-forward Jake Neade is also on the hunt for a new home. One of the league’s smallest players is a ready-to-go crumber who brings excellent forward pressure.
— AFL (@AFL) August 13, 2017
6. North Melbourne’s Billy Hartung was one of this year’s surprise delistings. Initially drafted in the first second by Hawthorn, Hartung has the combination of speed and endurance.
7. Hartung might have been a surprise listing but Nathan Freeman’s cutting was a shock. Freeman’s injuries kept him from playing his first game for five years but in his debut this year picked up 19 touches and looked damaging.
8. Western Australian former Kangaroo Declan Mountford is another hard-running small midfielder. Mountford played 8 games in 2017 but managed none this season. A hard player who is capable inside and on the spread.
Declan Mountford today becomes the fifth senior-listed Roos to be delisted, while three rookies have also been moved on. North clearing the decks ahead of a big trade period. Mountford unlucky with injury this year; hope he gets another chance https://t.co/PmBviWr3sP
— Nick Bowen (@Nick_Bowen) October 4, 2018
9. Luke Partington is a player similar to Mountford who looked to suffer from a lack of opportunities. The former West Coast Eagle has a bit of pace and finds the ball with ease.