Usage for hash tag: 3,

1. ImperialPurple

2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

If Steve Smith is #3, who are 1 and 2? Kohli and ?
  2. LordLucifer

Draft Review 2019 - Revisit the 2019 AFL Draft

Ain't that the truth !! Melbourne were as soft as butter, they certainly should have bid on Green at #3, by not doing so they gave the Giants two top 5 players for virtually the price of one.
  3. D

List Mgmt. Pick 9

In the power rankings Pie4life has him #3, Twomey #4, Matt Balmer #4, Buckenera #6, yet doesn't seem to be getting much love around here for our #9.
  4. Charlie_s123

2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Take him at #3, I've seen enough!
  5. Pee Tear Griffin

Not that I think we should draft Jackson at #3, but Kreuzer at #1, Nic Nat at #2 and Leuenberger #4 are a few within the last decade(ish).
  6. Punchy Demons

We don’t need an undersized ruck!!! We don’t need two small forwards!!! We need to draft the best player at each pick. Bid on Green at #3, if GWS match we go to the next best player. They will match the bid & if not we get a big bodied contested ball winning mid (that so call experts says...
  7. Johnny Bananas

2019 Trade thread

Archie hasn't looked that good this season even at NEAFL level. Granted, Eagles was playing down back most of the year and played ruck for just one or two games, but he looked better in that time IMO. I'd be more confident with Eagles at #3, I reckon Archie is a waste of a list spot at this point.
  8. Taylor

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

...pick #3 in the draft and burning that. This was the system where you had to use your next pick when a bid was made. They ended up trading pick #3, and Gold Coast traded pick #2... for Hogan and Martin respectfully. Viney was bid on at #5 (after Melbourne's pick #4 which they also got as...
  9. Cannon82

List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

...out of all the clubs. If 16 out of 18 clubs think Rowell is going to be #1, he's the consensus pick. If 3 clubs think player A is the #3, 3 think player B is #3, 2 think Player C is, etc, then its "fairly even". I doubt any club would be going in to the draft with the attitude that they'd...
  10. Chris25

2019 Young Talent Time

I'm bored at work, so it's time for another draft... I think GWS will trade up to #3, with Melbourne dropping back to #6. Luke Jackson would maybe be a reach, but I think they'll have identified him as a need and want to get in ahead of a Tom Green bid. Plus there are only so many young...
  11. T

List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

...get any deal done with Melbourne. If we went into the draft today and GWS had pick 3 and Melbourne had pick 6, lets say you take Flanders at #3, then Adelaide bid on Tom Green at pick #4. Pick #4 is worth 2034 points. 2034 - 20% = 1627 points 1627 - Picks 40, 59 & 60 = 894 points (this...
  12. Truckosaurus

Random Discussion Thread 143- Sports, Music, TV and Train Talk

But that Futures League thing has produced so many quality international batsmen! Like... um, give me a minute to Google here. Marcus Stoinis! Nic Maddinson! And who could forget our long-standing #3, Alex Doolan.
  13. A

I still feel the Giants will come at #3, meaning this year we'd get 6 and 8 and probs next year a 1st rounder back plus change perhaps. Whichever two we draft in, at least one has to come in and be a regular best 22/emergency-listed player given the trade risk we took with the Kangas. We can't...
  14. Ant Bear

Admin Notice S28 Rules and Penalties - The Courthouse

...impact penalty...when the simmers enter a team into the program, they do it by list view. So the left BP is Player #1, and the right BP is player #3, and so on. As a player being named in the wrong position onfield is grounds for a resim, the simmers must be notified of all changes, however...
  15. Chaisa

Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

There's very little difference between #9 and #15 IMO. You'd have a point if it was like #9 with #35 going back, or if it was #3, but a 6 pick hit isn't that much. Admittedly your hand is still a decent one in the PSD. But still....
  16. Giant Strides

List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

OK, so in my view, pick 6 is in no-man's-land for us. If a bid for Tom Green comes in at #3, 4 or 5 then we either match with #6 or don't match and lose him. If we'd kept 12 & 18, matching a bid at #3 would have pushed our second pick back to #38, and if it came at #5 the second bid would have...
  17. Cannon82

List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Yes, but if we pick him at #3, then obviously he's an inside type who is not a good kick. Otherwise why would he be on our radar at all?
  18. Taylor

They have #3, #22, #50, #61 and two 2020 2nd round picks
  19. wayToGo_

...isn't true. If you look at the Brownlow this year none of the top 5 were picked with sub 10 picks (Danger was a pick #10, Fyfe #20, Cripps #13, Neale #58, Kelly #24). I'm not going to claim that means you can't pick up elite talent with sub 10 picks (as Martin #3, Bont #4 etc) but there are...
  20. Taylor

It would give us a shot at Tim Kelly for effectively Langdon and a 2020 first. Assuming Geelong would accept just pick #3, or let him go to the draft and we get him at #3 anyway... but more likely #7
  21. drd23

Social Science Things that please me - Part 3

Nile Croc #1; Saltwater croc #2; American Alligator #3, Hippo #4; Jaguar #5 according to this list https://www.sciencefocus.com/nature/top-10-which-animals-have-the-strongest-bite/
  22. Damon_3388

How did the AFL get the Giants so right?!

...#14, 2016 National Draft Brent Daniels - Pick #27, 2017 National Draft Sam Taylor - Pick #28, 2017 National Draft Richmond Jack Riewoldt - Pick #13, 2006 National Draft Shane Edwards - Pick #26, 2006 National Draft Bachar Houli - Pick #42, 2006 National Draft Trent Cotchin - Pick #2, 2007...
  23. Vader

List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

For those wanting to swap our picks in the 20s for 1st round picks, it's worth considering the list mathematics. We currently have picks #3, #21, #16... then it's a long way back to pick #98 and the later rounds. We've already announced the "retirements" of 2 players, and we have at least 4...
  24. woosha24

List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

Are we talking about former Pick #3, 200+ gamer and Premiership Player MASTEN? Cats should take it and run. Best offer they'll get all trade period.
  25. K

Phantom Draft 2019 Phantom Draft - K_Nine

...receive a priority pick, and they will select Rowell's Oakleigh/Carey team mate, perceived by many to be the next best player in the draft. Pick #3, GWS - Tom Green I see Melbourne making their bid here, which will force GWS to use pick 12. Pick #4, Melbourne - Caleb Serong Obviously it...
  26. Scotland

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

...move clubs because they can get more money. Joel Selwood was 23 when he won his 3rd flag. So was Tom Hawkins (2). Jack Gunston was 24 when he won #3, Luke Breust 25. Do you reckon these guys maximised their career earnings staying at Geelong and Hawthorn? Hill left to return to WA. Fair...
  27. H

List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Some pretty low numbers opening up at Collingwood next season... #3, 6, 9 now... Who’s looking for a jumper change? Quaynor most likely will be wearing one of those ones for sure.
  28. Vader

Endless Summer of Cricket

...hasn't actually batted at that position in this series. Doing so allowed me to select Joe Root at #3. Root has easily outperformed Khawaja at #3, and Head & Buttler at #5, so picking the Root & Labuschagne combination in this way allowed me to pick the best overall team. I've named Steve...
  29. Taylor

Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

I expect GWS to attempt to secure a pick inside the top three to four, then when Green is bid on their draft looks like: Pick #3, Pick #5, Pick #45
  30. GrommoT

News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Wonder if there's any chance we can shake pick #5 loose from them - say Keath, #21 and #26 for #5 and #55. We're paying quite a bit overs there (maybe they'll have better picks to send back) but that could give us #3, #5 and whatever else we can trade other players for.
Back