Kanye West

May 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
What do I like? You are aware that rap music exisits outisde of Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco and Mos Def, right?

But since you asked so politely, here's my top 10 list of rappers I like listening to (in no order)

Kool G Rap
Gang Starr
Masta Ace
Wu Tang
Nas
2pac
Jurassic 5
Slick Rick
Rakim
Geto Boys/Scarface

Very nice list, I was just thinking that the MCs you disliked were some of the best in todays Hip Hop scene, but you've named some of the best past and present.

plowking

Club Legend
Mar 13, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Chelsea FC
Agreed. It seems to me that just because he doesn't talk about guns people automatically assume he's got good lyrics.

Also agreed. That's the main reason I can't listen to him, Lupe or Mos Def. Kweli's voice is slightly less annoying.

Love both Kweli and Mos Def, especially Mos. Black On Both Sides is the best rap album released since Illmatic. It's my favourite album along with Illmatic.
You should maybe check out his Blackstar album (with Kweli) and Black on Both Sides. They are both terrific albums, and you'll probably be a fan of Mos after listening to Black On Both Sides.

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
I have heard and own both BOBS and Blackstar. His voice just drives me up the ****ing wall, no matter how "good" his albums might be. Blackstar I don't mind as A) Kweli isn't quite as annoying and B) It features Punch & Words.

Deledio2Conca

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2006
Daylesford
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wizards, Boro, Daylesford
Just went back in time today and listened to some old school TuPac, as I haven't really had a good go at listening to him before. Some of his stuff, wow, I mean nothing compares to the rap and hip-hop people like him were making in the early 90's.

May 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Just went back in time today and listened to some old school TuPac, as I haven't really had a good go at listening to him before. Some of his stuff, wow, I mean nothing compares to the rap and hip-hop people like him were making in the early 90's.

People say that 2Pac is only regarded as the best as he's dead, he was too 'gangsta' or whatever, but he has some absolute classics,
Brendas Got a Baby, Keep ya Head up, Dear Mama, Changes, Hail Mary, you could go on. His ability to put emotion and energy in a song is almost unparalleled

Deledio2Conca

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2006
Daylesford
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wizards, Boro, Daylesford
People say that 2Pac is only regarded as the best as he's dead, he was too 'gangsta' or whatever, but he has some absolute classics,
Brendas Got a Baby, Keep ya Head up, Dear Mama, Changes, Hail Mary, you could go on. His ability to put emotion and energy in a song is almost unparalleled

Listened to them 4 today, Dear Mama is a classic, as is Only God Can Judge Me.

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
Listened to them 4 today, Dear Mama is a classic, as is Only God Can Judge Me.
Only God Can Judge me is awesome live.

Tupac is the greatest, who cares about flow, delivery, cleverness - this guy was simply the rawest, most influential, most deep and simply the best.

I have all his albums, ones he made while he was a alive and all the ones released when he was dead.

Favourite oldies include:

Rebel of the Underground (2pacalypsenow)
If I Die Tonight (Me against the world)
So Many Tears (Me against the world) (GREATEST SONG EVER)
F*** the world (Me against the world)
Im Getting Money Freestyle
All About U (All Eyez on me)
Dumpin' (Pac's Life)
Playa Cardz (Pac's Life and the unreleased version)
Krazy (Makeveli album)
White Manz World (Makeveli album)

Those are off the top of my head, but they are some damn classics. Me Against the World is possibly the greatest album I own. Every song is so good (very unusual for an album). A must have for 2Pac fans.

May 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Tupac is the greatest, who cares about flow, delivery, cleverness - this guy was simply the rawest, most influential, most deep and simply the best.

I have all his albums, ones he made while he was a alive and all the ones released when he was dead.

Dumpin' (Pac's Life)
Krazy (Makeveli album)

Those are off the top of my head, but they are some damn classics. Me Against the World is possibly the greatest album I own. Every song is so good (very unusual for an album). A must have for 2Pac fans.

I wouldnt say he is greatest, but he is definately awesome. Me against the world is Pac's best album, and a classic, but not as good as the likes of Illmatic, Paid in Full, Amerikkka's Most Wanted, etc

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
I wouldnt say he is greatest, but he is definately awesome. Me against the world is Pac's best album, and a classic, but not as good as the likes of Illmatic, Paid in Full, Amerikkka's Most Wanted, etc
Whos greater?

I love these discussions...

Illmatic - Classic yes, but there is still 1 or 2 skipable song.
Paid in full - A bit too old for me.
Amerkka's Most Wanted - Good, but not as good as Illmatic/Me Agaisnt the World

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Dumpin' (Pac's Life)
Krazy (Makeveli album)

Great song off the new album. I was expecting them to screw pacs life up bad but when i heard dumpin i thought it was great.

Agreed that pac is the best as well. He had a very poetic mind and really got into the stories of his songs, even his 'gangster' songs like ambitionz, hit em up and ghost are awesome listening.

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
Great song off the new album. I was expecting them to screw pacs life up bad but when i heard dumpin i thought it was great.

Agreed that pac is the best as well. He had a very poetic mind and really got into the stories of his songs, even his 'gangster' songs like ambitionz, hit em up and ghost are awesome listening.
Yeah, I thought Pac's Life was going to be like another Loyal to the Game style album

But its actually pretty good - Dumpin' is a banger, the first time I have actually liked a cameo by an Outlaw as well. Oh and Papoose is good on it as well. Other favourites from that album are Playa Cardz (Female) and Sleep.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah, I thought Pac's Life was going to be like another Loyal to the Game style album

But its actually pretty good - Dumpin' is a banger, the first time I have actually liked a cameo by an Outlaw as well. Oh and Papoose is good on it as well. Other favourites from that album are Playa Cardz (Female) and Sleep.
Female playa cardz i also liked.

Outlawz - realtalk

That's a catchy song.

May 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I dont rate ANY of the newer 2Pac stuff, the odd good song but they aren't cohesive albums- probably Pacs biggest problem even when he was alive. My favourite recent song is Thugz Mansion

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Waste of Space.
One of the very few, even outside my taste, who I cant see a single shred of any talent at all in.
absolute dross.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Dumpin' (Pac's Life)
Krazy (Makeveli album)

Me against the world is pacs greatest album and my favourite album of all time too imo and that's telling considering how great AEOM and Makaveli is. Just a hit record making machine Pac. Me against the world has four out of this world songs.

Dear mama
If I die tonight
Me against the world
Shed so many tears.

Four unbelievable tracks. Last verse on me against the world is just out of this world.

Back