Dogga79

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
I thought I would kick things of for all the Roosters fans.

Post thoughts, news articles and the inside word in here.

Its going to be a big year. Andrew Jarman will no doubt be feeling the pressure to win a flag. There are a few new faces including Rhys Archard adding to our already strong list, and a few missing ala Perrie.

I cant wait for the season to start and I will try to make it to Prospect for a few games to see us smash the Doggies.

Here is a more comprehensive list of player turnover. It doesnt mention Perrie, but I thought he went to Sturt?

Ins and Outs for Season 2008
There have been a few member requests in regards to Gains and Losses for Season 2008, so below is a list of North Adelaide Football Club's official Ins and Outs for this Season.

Ins:

* Daniel Ward (No 26) - Running Defender, played 136 AFL Games for the Melbourne FC. Played 18 AFL Games in 2007 averaging over 18 disposals per game.
* Rhys Archard (No 12) - Midfielder, 2006 Club Champion for SAFC, that year he also was named in the SANFL Team of the Year. Drafted by the Adelaide FC in 2007.
* David Clarke (No 4) - Midfielder/Wing, played 101 AFL Games for Geelong and Carlton, spent the last two Seasons at SAFC, in 07 he was South 3rd highest possession getter accumulating 405 possessions at 21.32 per game
* Rory O'Brien (No 3) - Midfielder, from Peel Thunder in WAFL. Club Champion in 06 and Runner up in 07. WAFL Footballer of the Year. Polled 19 Votes in the Sandover in 2007.
* Daniel Stewart (No 9) - Key Forward, from Labrador in the QAFL. Played with Eastern Ranges in the TAC, R/Up in the QAFL Rising Star award in 2007, Represented Qld in 07 at Senior Level.
* Tony Armstrong (No 20) - Defender/Midfielder, AFC player drafted through the Mini Draft. Calder Cannons in the TAC Cup.
* Marlon Motlop (No 17) - Utility, aligned to Port Adelaide FC. Represented AIS in 07 and the NT. Plays with Wanderers up in Darwin. Part of the Motlop family who has close ties with the NAFC.
* Sam Baulderstone (No 50) - Ruck, from Whyalla, represented his association at Senior Level in 07.
* Paul Campbell (No 41) - Small forward/Midfielder, from Alice Springs Pioneers. Represented NT at all junior levels.
* Michael Burford (TBA) - Ruck, from Peterbourgh. Has played senior football at both SANFL and WAFL.
* Ryan Mallard (No 51) - Utility, West Adelaide FC. Awaiting Clearance from West Adelaide FC.
* Kingsley Walker (No 7) (Key Forward), Nick Kurzel (No 19) (Midfielder), Daniel Ebert (No 21) (Small Defender), Kriston Thompson (No 56) (Wing/Midfield) and Zac Millar (No 45) (Midfielder) all return after missing most of 2007 through injury.

Outs:

* Ben Hart - Assistant Coach at the AFC
* Scott Bamford - Retired
* Dean Howard - Moved to Queensland.
* Owen Weatherley - Retired, due to continuous back injuries.
* Josh Cubillo - Sturt FC
* Daniel Wakelin - Retired
* Tate Kaesler - Retired
* Brad Sheridan - Delisted
* Sinsia Gregov - Delisted
* Aaron Motlop - Delisted
* Tom Motlop - Delisted

http://www.nafc.com.au/news/p877.aspx

Not sure how many of you Rooster fans would be interested. But if you would like to know abit about your teams opponent (Queanbeyan Tigers) in their up coming trial game then goto www.tigersclub.com.au

I have played in both the SANFL (late eighties, early 90's) and ACTAFL (94-04) and would be keen to answer any questions you may have about the standard of footy and my club Queanbeyan Tigers

From the Tigers den it looks as if 10 players will be missing from the GF side which lost to the Swans Reserves. These include last seasons 100+ full forward, Representative Ruckman and CHB plus another key defender. Tigers will promote several players from their defeated U/18's GF side and will also be assisted by 6 swans players. Not sure who these will be but it would be doubfull that they are household names.
Tigers are an aggressive club who fight to the end. Their skills will be down but their endevour will be high. They should play alot of one on one footy attempting to capitalize on a turn over. They have a few powerful forwards even without their key tally'sman.
From what I remember about the Roosters they will be a hard running side who move the ball very quickly by hand and foot. They revelutionised SANFL footy back in the early 80's under Mick Nunan and Im sure Mr Jarman has been similarly influenced.
Roosters fitness will be a factor as many Tiger players have undergone the knife during the off season. Should be a competitive game for a while but the Roosters should come home strong and win comfortably. Full strength versus Full strength it would be a good tough game

Thanks for that A Bit High :)

Your assesment of the Roosters is spot on being a hard running side.

For me it will be intersting to see how the new guys will fit into our side and what they will bring - dont know a hell of a lot about them.

Where will we find the scores of the game?

Thanks for that A Bit High :)

Your assesment of the Roosters is spot on being a hard running side.

For me it will be intersting to see how the new guys will fit into our side and what they will bring - dont know a hell of a lot about them.

Where will we find the scores of the game?

I can put them on this site on Monday morning as Im commentating the game on the local radio. I have just found out that only 4 Swans are playing and as suggeted none are known of....I notice your a fan of Jason Roe, this isnt the JR from Ingle Farm back in the late 70's early 80's who then played Port juniors and then at North??

A Slick, fast moving Rooster outfit totally outclassed an under manned and under prepared Qbn Tigers outfit today. Before I get into the match let me clarify that the Tigers did play without 10 players from their GF side plus they were minus their "Gun" recruit from the O&M league in Andrew Carey and I will also add that they only began heavy training in Jan 08. Being a former South Aussie I know that NA would have started training around Oct 07 so they were much fitter than their opponents and being in the 2nd tier of footy in Australia were always going to be raging favourites in my mind.
Take nothing away from the Roosters as they came to play and have shown the gulf in the footy between the two sides that represented their clubs today. What I liked about NA was their ability to move the ball quickly and in most cases their desire to centre the ball to a player running through the middle. Their foot and hand skills were as expected very good and often ran in numbers to support the approach play. They work well in the middle of the park at ball ups and around stoppages were to strong for the young Tiger outfit. Impressive players for the Roosters (and there were many) included Obrien, Stewart, Ebert, Younie, Ryswyk, Coulter, Mcintyre and Delvins. The Tigers did have 4 Swans players and they were Meredith, Beckmans, Brabazon and Manie. Not exactly names that drop off the tongue.

NA 21-17-143
QT 8-6-54

Goals NA - Stewart, McIntyre 3, Coulter, Walker 2, Alleway, Obrien, Archard, White, Ebert, Ward, Schubert, Motlop, Pfieffer, Delvins, Brown 1.

Before I go let me congratulate NA for making the trip over to Canberra and while the score line wasnt as close as we would have liked Im sure it was a good hit out for your club. I would love to see a full strength Qbn side take on your side to show you guys just how good this comp over here is. While its not SA standard its definately better than you will know.

One last thing.. after looking at Darren Jarman during the afternonn I can now answer the question that has been asked over many years.."Darren Jarman ate all the PIES!!" but AJ did take a few off him!!

Cheers and good luck for the coming season:thumbsu:

Now back to the 2nd half of Man U V Fulham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to let any Roosters and Crows supporters know that both games in round one of the SANFL will be televised. Hence, we can go to one and record the other.

Cohen Thiele and Marlon Motlop also looked very impressive in the trial game vs Norwood last Friday night.

Paid up member now and looking forward to another big year for the utensils.

Of the new recruits I think Rhys Archard will be a great pick up to add to our running power.

Also have heard big raps on Marlon Motlop. Cant believe there is yet another Motlop, who is left? Tito and Janet?

Spoke to Jimmy Allan at Grand North tonight. He is 99% certain that he'll play against Sturt after the bye. Apparently his hip injury resulted from a very inocuous incident where he just turned his body badly.

playing for West Adelaide reserves:)

Is that a definite? I did look into this earlier in the week and noticed the SANFL site had them as the bottom team.. but they had a bye the week before!! So it got a bit confusing.

If he does play ressies, I trust that you can give us all a good report of his performance. :thumbsu:

Hopefully he goes alright, pulls up alright, and is fit for our battle against Sturt the week after.:cool:

Is that a definite? I did look into this earlier in the week and noticed the SANFL site had them as the bottom team.. but they had a bye the week before!! So it got a bit confusing.

If he does play ressies, I trust that you can give us all a good report of his performance. :thumbsu:

Hopefully he goes alright, pulls up alright, and is fit for our battle against Sturt the week after.:cool:
that is correct because we haven't play yet so we are bottom i will try and give you a report

Remove this Banner Ad

Back