Your 3km time trial??

Remove this Banner Ad

13:56.

I'ma keep posting this till I get sub 12, damnit.

Sounds good mate - keep going!

Down to 13:10. Spoke to my mate who plays in SA and he says they are going about 11ish in pre season. Am visiting this June so need to improve a lot - just so I can keep up at training!!

I'll have to mark out a 3km track, I've just started running and i'd be interested in what I can do..

I've never been a strong runner though, so at least it will give me a PB to beat each time I guess.

I just ran 3km as part of a 5km run and checked what my time was.. 18.30 :eek:

got to start somewhere I suppose!

I'm 16 and my best is 10:09 (only been timed twice offically on a shitty oval track for school) and I've never really had any proffesional training. Played soccer at a decent level for about 8 years and am just starting footy this year (thin as a stick) and I've already noticed the differences in fitness requirements. Footy you tend to work hard in bursts and get breaks pretty frequently but in soccer you're always in the game and working hard constantly. Wouldn't mind getting into some more serious athletics and trying to get below 9.30 but it would take a fair commitment.

Mate of mine can get low 9 minutes and is in the top 4 for his age in the country, absolute nutter.

how does everyone measure out exactly 3km?
I run the same track every few days (only started recently) and i reckon it's about 4km or a little less and i do it in about 16 mins. I wanna know exactly how far it is though. Does everyone use pedometers?

how does everyone measure out exactly 3km?
I run the same track every few days (only started recently) and i reckon it's about 4km or a little less and i do it in about 16 mins. I wanna know exactly how far it is though. Does everyone use pedometers?

If you run on roads/footpaths, use Google maps. With a starting point and an end point you can map out a circuit by adjusting the route, and it tells you the length of each section and the overall distance.

I'm 16 and my best is 10:09 (only been timed twice offically on a shitty oval track for school) and I've never really had any proffesional training. Played soccer at a decent level for about 8 years and am just starting footy this year (thin as a stick) and I've already noticed the differences in fitness requirements. Footy you tend to work hard in bursts and get breaks pretty frequently but in soccer you're always in the game and working hard constantly. Wouldn't mind getting into some more serious athletics and trying to get below 9.30 but it would take a fair commitment.

Mate of mine can get low 9 minutes and is in the top 4 for his age in the country, absolute nutter.

Your soccer background is a big plus crazyman - join an aths club during the summer and with a decent coach at your club you can watch your track times plummet. A young dude who played soccer up to 18 (he's now 20) at our aths club was running low 9's and even cracked 9 once or twice, and he seems to think the soccer fitness helped him a stack. Who's to say that can't be you?

Cats fan 16 - try www.mapmyrun.com I think it uses google earth anyway but it's just a suggestion. You simply type in your address and suburb as a starting point and away you go.

Yea I feel like the work I did for soccer was a real plus. I played mainly as a right full-back, with the occasional run on a wing, or in the centre of the midfield and it was bloody hard work as the ball moved around quickly. Might look at joining an aths club to improve my fitness but all of the extra work might take it's toll on my body.

Don't worry champ, at least you were honest.

I'd really like to time myself in a 3.2. Generally when I run, its 4 k's of running on the road up and down hills.

The best time I've ever done was 5 k's, in 20 minutes. So if it takes me 4 minutes to run a kilometre 4 x 3.2 = 12.48 minutes.
It doesnt always work out that way,for me i get faster as i go further.

In my early to late 20's i did a fair few herald sun 10km runs with a best time of 36ish minutes.I use to run the first 5k's in around 20 mins and do the the second 5k's in around 16/18 mins.I'm now in my mid 30's i run around the 50 minute mark.

I use to do a lot of middle distance running back then but now my knees and ankles are had it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of you lot do the Run for the Kids? long or short?
yeh i did the r4tk long course. ran it in 1:05:59, which isnt tooo bad on the back of no training at all. butmy main goal is to get under an hour for the city2surf in august which i will be training hard for.

yeh i did the r4tk long course. ran it in 1:05:59, which isnt tooo bad on the back of no training at all. butmy main goal is to get under an hour for the city2surf in august which i will be training hard for.

Not bad - it was a pretty good course, although the 5K marker was clearly short. Good luck with the C2S, it's a ripper run according to those I know who've done it.

I did the 1.6k in 4.55 So about 11 minutes for 3k?

So 4 laps of an athletics track in 4.55? That's not bad - about 4.35-4.38 for 1500, I reckon you wouldn't be too far from 10:30, or perhaps quicker. If you end up running 11 minutes for 3K based on your 4.55 mile, you've either got zero endurance or you don't really know what you're capable of.

Not bad - it was a pretty good course, although the 5K marker was clearly short. Good luck with the C2S, it's a ripper run according to those I know who've done it.
lol i didnt notice, i missed half of them though, they shouldve been bgiger i reckon.

cheers mate, yeh the c2s is bloody tough, but its a great experience:thumbsu: i got 63:27 last year sop im hoping to wipe off 3 and a half minutes:thumbsu:

So 4 laps of an athletics track in 4.55? That's not bad - about 4.35-4.38 for 1500, I reckon you wouldn't be too far from 10:30, or perhaps quicker. If you end up running 11 minutes for 3K based on your 4.55 mile, you've either got zero endurance or you don't really know what you're capable of.

Sounds me like me running a 400, my 200 splits were 23.5/36.8!

U13 - 12:45

U16 - 11:00

When I was about 19 I did not do a 3k trial but I ran a 5km in 19:20 min.

Now?

Put it this way, how long does it take for the earth to orbit the sun?

I'm a girl, will give the 3km a go at the gym tomorrow...

I was pretty fit after rowing season at the end of March, but after a month of doing s**t all in our break I'm a little worried, haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back