Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

Den 126
Phx 120

Now what do you think?

Nobody will ever eat their words on the Shaq trade. It was terrible.

Shaq has been playing well lately but as has been said again and again we didn't trade for him for regular season games. We got him for our playoff push and if it doesn't produce a trip to the finals this year or the next it will be deemed a failure. Until then shut up!

hi Steve Kerr.

please sack Mike D'Antoni.

Denver Nuggets could use him as head coach. You guys can then hire George Karl. He sits top 10 in the wins for all-time coaches.

thanks.

eathb.

Bad luck guys,the series was a lot closer than it appeared.You had your chances in game 1 and 2 but unfortunatly couldnt close it out down the stretch.

Be a different looking Suns team next year methinks.But your organisation is quality and will soon be back in the mix

Thanks JS. You're spot on, it was a closer series than it appeared but your boys got it done when it had to be done. All the best for the rest of the post season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His agent has been leaking D'A->Chicago all week. I'd be surprised if that didn't go down. He's going to miss Nash real quick after a couple of weeks of Hinrich.

I read an article at ESPN.com saying that Kerr wants D'Antoni to spend more time on defense, but Mikey D will have none of it. What a flog. I wonder who'll replace Mikey D in the Valley of the Sun?

If it's Avery Johnson I'll be giving basketball a miss.

I read an article at ESPN.com saying that Kerr wants D'Antoni to spend more time on defense, but Mikey D will have none of it. What a flog. I wonder who'll replace Mikey D in the Valley of the Sun?

If it's Avery Johnson I'll be giving basketball a miss.

No love for AJ? I'm sure Amare would love having those Dirk isos run for him. But I don't think he's in the running, from what I've read.

No love for AJ? I'm sure Amare would love having those Dirk isos run for him. But I don't think he's in the running, from what I've read.

Have you heard who is? I've only heard Doug Collins because he's currently living in Arizona. I doubt he'd do it though. Surely if they are still trying to integrate Shaq into the lineup they would need an experienced coach?

Have you heard who is? I've only heard Doug Collins because he's currently living in Arizona. I doubt he'd do it though. Surely if they are still trying to integrate Shaq into the lineup they would need an experienced coach?

Yeah, you'd think they'd need someone with experience. Not sure who's in the running - all that's been leaked is that Kerr doesn't want to do it. The Doug Collins thing was just because the media had no idea and he lives close by. He'd be too old and white though I reckon. Shaq wouldn't listen to him.

If the Pistons lose to the Celts/Cavs (I think they will), Flip Saunders is surely gone. In which case Phx would probably nab him - he's definitely a player's coach.

The list of available experienced coaches who aren't crusty old white guys doesn't seem too great. Plus would Sarver really be willing to pay the salary of an experienced coach?

Anyways, if the Flip Saunders thing doesn't eventuate, I'd say Brian Shaw (the Shaq connection) and Dwyane Casey (player's coach who preaches defense) both have some shot.

Yeah, you'd think they'd need someone with experience. Not sure who's in the running - all that's been leaked is that Kerr doesn't want to do it. The Doug Collins thing was just because the media had no idea and he lives close by. He'd be too old and white though I reckon. Shaq wouldn't listen to him.

If the Pistons lose to the Celts/Cavs (I think they will), Flip Saunders is surely gone. In which case Phx would probably nab him - he's definitely a player's coach.

The list of available experienced coaches who aren't crusty old white guys doesn't seem too great. Plus would Sarver really be willing to pay the salary of an experienced coach?

Anyways, if the Flip Saunders thing doesn't eventuate, I'd say Brian Shaw (the Shaq connection) and Dwyane Casey (player's coach who preaches defense) both have some shot.

Once again from what I've read D'Antoni is owed 8.5 million a season over the next two seasons so I believe Phoenix will release him from his contract, but won't fire him to avoid paying him out. If he walks you would think they would be able to pay a decent salary.

I agree Steve Kerr has stirred up some stuff but that is pathetic from D'Antoni. Two years left on his contract and he's going looking for other options. Poor form.

I agree Steve Kerr has stirred up some stuff but that is pathetic from D'Antoni. Two years left on his contract and he's going looking for other options. Poor form.

dont blame him if the front office is not supporting him.

Kerr had traded away your best interior defender in Kurt Thomas and 2 first round picks for a conditional second-round pick.Then gave away your best perimeter defender in Marion for and old man in Shaq.Which i understand had D'Antoni's blessing

in short Steve Kerrs moves have been nearly as bad as isiah's.

D'Antoni realises now the Suns need a major overhaul and is therefore running for the hills

dont blame him if the front office is not supporting him.

Kerr had traded away your best interior defender in Kurt Thomas and 2 first round picks for a conditional second-round pick.Then gave away your best perimeter defender in Marion for and old man in Shaq.Which i understand had D'Antoni's blessing

in short Steve Kerrs moves have been nearly as bad as isiah's.

D'Antoni realises now the Suns need a major overhaul and is therefore running for the hills

That's what I don't understand though. He wanted to land Shaq which we did. Then it's painfully obvious that our defence needed work which you thought a training camp might allow and he says he doesn't want to work on defence. That's a crock.

I enjoyed what he brought to the table but his exit was pathetic.

I'll enjoy our roster at least playing 9 deep next year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back