Welcome home Tony Mokbel

Remove this Banner Ad

yeh, I just bet you ex-senior detective Wayne Strawhorn is just thrilled about it too! I don't think it's going to be just Fat Tony spending the next quarter century behind bars... :)

I hope Mokbel sings like a canary, and those diry murdering scumbag corrupt cops get what's coming to them.

John Silvester put it nicely - saying something along the line of when an ex detective currently behind bars in Sale prison heard about Mokbel being found, he went grey overnight and didn't eat for a week :D

Karma...

yeah im sure he skipped bail and fled overseas if he thought he was an innocent man

Well, he skipped bail over a drug charge for which he was sentenced to 9 years. By implication your idea of a 25 year sentence means that you think he is guilty of murder, something for which he has not been tried over. So, yeah, innocent until proven guilty.

Tony's cell

grand-hotel-de-la-minerve-rome.jpg

yeh, I just bet you ex-senior detective Wayne Strawhorn is just thrilled about it too! I don't think it's going to be just Fat Tony spending the next quarter century behind bars... :)

I hope Mokbel sings like a canary, and those diry murdering scumbag corrupt cops get what's coming to them.

John Silvester put it nicely - saying something along the line of when an ex detective currently behind bars in Sale prison heard about Mokbel being found, he went grey overnight and didn't eat for a week :D

Karma...
Crooked coppers also protected the Morans for years. I hope the mooted prequel to Underbelly shows this fact.

Surely they have to let him out?

Incredibly undemocratic

Not without the appeals process taking place. Mokbel's lawyers will file a petition for a hearing based on tainted evidence being used in the trail against Mokbel which unfairly biased the decision of the jury. It will take some time to go through the Court of Appeals but its more than likely that Mokbel will be released unless the DPP can demonstrate that the evidence in the exclusion of the information provided by Gobbo met the burden of proof required to form a verdict of guilt.

TL;DR - this is the start of a long s**t fight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back