North Central Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: North Central Football League

How do the current under age players rate up to some of the past few years? I Don't think that the current crop are as good as some of the boys of yester-year...The footy is worse as well, the dynasty of the St.Arnaud Under 16's between the years of 2001-2006....

How do the current under age players rate up to some of the past few years? I Don't think that the current crop are as good as some of the boys of yester-year...The footy is worse as well, the dynasty of the St.Arnaud Under 16's between the years of 2001-2006....

I can't remember the year exactly, however at one point, St Arnaud had a much better side than they ever did during the dynasty as you put it. 2000 or so, St Arnaud had people the likes of; Scott Lloyd, Ben Batters, Ben Price, Austin Fithall, Heath McNally, Cam Stewart, etc who have all since played Senior Football, however they were no match for the might and power that the donald side had, in Travis Baird, Seamus Young, Ash Trollop, Leigh Burke, Bryan Beckham?, etc
As a whole, the quality has diminished, however there are definitely kids who could take it up to the Baird's, Youngs etc, at the same age, in Petrie, Keeble, Anderson eventually too.

I can't remember the year exactly, however at one point, St Arnaud had a much better side than they ever did during the dynasty as you put it. 2000 or so, St Arnaud had people the likes of; Scott Lloyd, Ben Batters, Ben Price, Austin Fithall, Heath McNally, Cam Stewart, etc who have all since played Senior Football, however they were no match for the might and power that the donald side had, in Travis Baird, Seamus Young, Ash Trollop, Leigh Burke, Bryan Beckham?, etc
As a whole, the quality has diminished, however there are definitely kids who could take it up to the Baird's, Youngs etc, at the same age, in Petrie, Keeble, Anderson eventually too.

also agreed with from me. Although i really dont think anderson has what is needed to make the big times, his a bit of a "GIRL" and doesnt go in hard for the footy and relys to much on others but i do agree on the other to although i do believe that petrie has the best chance out of all NC to make it.

also agreed with from me. Although i really dont think anderson has what is needed to make the big times, his a bit of a "GIRL" and doesnt go in hard for the footy and relys to much on others but i do agree on the other to although i do believe that petrie has the best chance out of all NC to make it.

I hope he does, good luck to him, however i can't help but think that hes too generic, as a Footballer. There are heaps of players his height, weight, skill, stamina, fitness level, and being nearly 18? I would think he is almost fully grown. Should he have an extra few, or few less inches for example, his chances would improve greatly

North Central Football League

Have been advised to end large threads and start part 2 threads. This allows current stuff to remain current. i will move the recent posts in the old thread, to here.

To view the old thread, click HERE

Heading into the home straight..what is the form line for the sides in contention..any major injury worries ? players to return ?:confused:

I hope he does, good luck to him, however i can't help but think that hes too generic, as a Footballer. There are heaps of players his height, weight, skill, stamina, fitness level, and being nearly 18? I would think he is almost fully grown. Should he have an extra few, or few less inches for example, his chances would improve greatly

Your knowledge on players absoloutely f@cking astounds me. Too generic as a footballer, i have read some weird sh!t on here, that takes the cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your knowledge on players absoloutely f@cking astounds me. Too generic as a footballer, i have read some weird sh!t on here, that takes the cake.

Ha, yeah, that one came from left field. However if you look at the list of final year U18's, you will notice that Torin fits into the category that so many other kids fit into, that being the middle ranged height, middle ranged weight, skillful and relatively fit midfielder. Nowdays, unless you are either athletically or skillfully gifted, or you have "it" then it makes it hard. He just fits in to the same mould that everyone else at his standard of footy fit into.

If you are in a group of 450 guys, fighting for just a few spots at AFL clubs, you don't nearly have as much chance, as you would, if you were one of 10-15 guys fighting for 4-5 spots, its pretty simple :thumbsu:

North Ballarate have the bye this weekend - is the boy McHugh having a run with The Burn ?:cool:

Ha, yeah, that one came from left field. However if you look at the list of final year U18's, you will notice that Torin fits into the category that so many other kids fit into, that being the middle ranged height, middle ranged weight, skillful and relatively fit midfielder. Nowdays, unless you are either athletically or skillfully gifted, or you have "it" then it makes it hard. He just fits in to the same mould that everyone else at his standard of footy fit into.

If you are in a group of 450 guys, fighting for just a few spots at AFL clubs, you don't nearly have as much chance, as you would, if you were one of 10-15 guys fighting for 4-5 spots, its pretty simple :thumbsu:

You make an excellent point M4S! How many kids blessed with talent have missed the AFL cut because the are only around the 6 foot mark? There would be plenty! There are thousands among thousands of them around Australia, probably all as good as the next but still dont get recognised! These young adults end up back in country footy tearing it up and leaves people thinkin "S#!t, how didnt this bloke make the big league?" The answer is simple, there is just too many and the 50 odd that are picked in the draft every year are lucky enough to have stood out to the talent scouts! The other thousand are left thinking what they had done wrong, but its just unfortunate that's the way it is!

5. James Keeble
4. Josh Mckee
3. Brent Gilmore
2. Carl Theize
1. Riely Koops

1. Mckee, would have to be no 1 without a doubt.
2. Koops
3. Luke Brown, he has had a very solid year
4. Foot
5. Gilly

James Keeble is SOFT!

1. Mckee, would have to be no 1 without a doubt.
2. Koops
3. Luke Brown, he has had a very solid year
4. Foot
5. Gilly

James Keeble is SOFT!

Say Koops and Mckee were to play on each other...who would 1. have the most impact? 2. Win the overall contest (one on one) and 3. Who would be more likely to get in the best??

rumoured philip burchmore will coach wycheproof next year
hes currently playing for kerang and close mates with joe coatsworth
coached pyramid hill to finals last year

blake grant??do people rate him?

Blake Grant is probably the most naturally gifted under age player in the North Central. Its a pity he`s so small, but he`s just such a natural footballer and good to watch. Riley Koops also could play Pioneers if he had of put his mind to it.

Blake Grant is probably the most naturally gifted under age player in the North Central. Its a pity he`s so small, but he`s just such a natural footballer and good to watch. Riley Koops also could play Pioneers if he had of put his mind to it.

Blake Grant is a superstar, anyone that is 16 getting flogged every week, the size of an ant and still kicking 28 goals must be a fair player.
Also i think that mackee could nearly handle koopsy now, a few years back koops was easily the best under age player but has since come back to the field due to not going and furthering his footy with the pioneers unlike mackee.
Luke Brown will have to also go very close to winning rising star has improved by 100% from last year. Wedderburns most consistent backman this year.
Mackee
Koops
Brown
Petrie
handfull of 5 others

Luke Brown will have to also go very close to winning rising star has improved by 100% from last year. Wedderburns most consistent backman this year.

Would Browny have played too many games last year to make him ineligible??? would be very unlucky for him if he did...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back