Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
Heard Roy Slaven talking about it on the Golden Rings show, and he's right - they never show a closeup of Griggs. She always appears sitting in a long shot at the far end of the studio. As soon as another host comes in, bang, full frame closeup. Roy was postulating that there is a problem with her head.

Any theories?

Have you guys noticed that when she thinks Aussies have a chance at a medal she starts shaking and get get the words out right?. Or is that just all the time?

That is right though, Matty White gets a close up, everyone does, besides her lol

Once it's been pointed out to you, you can't help but notice it from then on!

My wife thinks she just has a bad haircut, but surely they could have fixed that by Day 2.

lol fair enough but i was tenting with the U Bolt was show boating last night so I can be excused.

give her a break :)

johanna_narrowweb__300x492,0.jpg

She looks like a combination of Paris Hilton (nose), Sarah Jessica Parker (eyes) and Julia Roberts (Mouth)....... not everyone is going to find that attractive (but Gary Sweet did)

Heard Roy Slaven talking about it on the Golden Rings show, and he's right - they never show a closeup of Griggs. She always appears sitting in a long shot at the far end of the studio. As soon as another host comes in, bang, full frame closeup. Roy was postulating that there is a problem with her head.

Any theories?
Not the best looking is she?, but she seems to be a good bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand Johanna Griggs' is part of Channel 7's Olympics Coverage and this thread was started as a bit of humour and light hearted but now it's just become a full on bag Johanna Griggs thread, if it doesn't improve, I'll close it.

I understand Johanna Griggs' is part of Channel 7's Olympics Coverage and this thread was started as a bit of humour and light hearted but now it's just become a full on bag Johanna Griggs thread, if it doesn't improve, I'll close it.

When they show a closeup of her, then you can close it. Until then, watching for one is becoming more exciting than some of the events!

I should add, I don't think there is anything wrong with how she looks, and I have no idea why she's only ever seen in long shot. But once it's been pointed out to you, you just can't help but notice it every time!

Surprised at all the Johanna bagging. I think she's great. Love the way she can't hide her excitement when the Aussies are doing well. Nothing wrong with her head either.

Roy is one to talk... that man has the funniest shaped head from side-on that I have ever seen.

My god. She isnt half as bad as people make out. She's average. Not great but not full on ugly either. None of you blokes would say no to her.

And yet she is still to be seen in any shot other than a long view from the other end of the studio.

Obviously she's not ugly or she'd never have got the job (for all the Aus media's moral grandstanding over the opening ceremony).

And if she just had a zit or something surely they could have sorted it out by the middle of week two.

So what's the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back