List Mgmt. Father/Son Eligible Kids List

Remove this Banner Ad

they do genuinely seem to change the rules every year.
That suggests to me, that is all a bit up in the air.

I just think it will get 86'ed in the not too distant future, and Geelongs success right now is doing it no favours at all.

I think it will/should stay. I know geelong got some good picks through the F/S but I am not sure it bothered the AFL from their point of view they had the vics complaining of interstate dominance and now it has come full circle.

They will only care if a team can be dominant for an extended period and this is more controlled by the salary cap (concessions are very valuable to keeping a strong team together).

I am not sure how I would go watching GAJR play for any team but geelong? It would take some of the rivalry out of the game.... "I used to hate collingwood but now they have JR and I used to love his old man when he was at the cats!"

So does anyone know who the oldest out of all these kids?? And if they are any good??

I hope the club is smart enough to not just pick them up for the sake of it like certain other clubs...Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond

I think it will/should stay. I know geelong got some good picks through the F/S but I am not sure it bothered the AFL from their point of view they had the vics complaining of interstate dominance and now it has come full circle.

They will only care if a team can be dominant for an extended period and this is more controlled by the salary cap (concessions are very valuable to keeping a strong team together).

I am not sure how I would go watching GAJR play for any team but geelong? It would take some of the rivalry out of the game.... "I used to hate collingwood but now they have JR and I used to love his old man when he was at the cats!"

saying it will stay is one thing, deluding yourself that it should is another.

it is an unfair compromise on the draft, and in an era of true professionalism it has no place. sorry it just does not.

of course i'll be happy if we benefit from it, but it won't change the rights and wrongs of it all.

this crap about Ablett jr, is just that. if someone else drafted him, you wouldn't care today.

saying it will stay is one thing, deluding yourself that it should is another.

it is an unfair compromise on the draft, and in an era of true professionalism it has no place. sorry it just does not.
It used to be an unfair compromise. I personally feel that the new bidding system has removed most of the inequality. Clubs no longer get 1st round players for a 3rd round pick, they pay fair value (or close to it).

It used to be an unfair compromise. I personally feel that the new bidding system has removed most of the inequality. Clubs no longer get 1st round players for a 3rd round pick, they pay fair value (or close to it).

that they needed to equalise it, is of itself evidence of the problems inherent in the system.

how does the romanticism elements of the 'pro' argument reconcile itself to the equalisation of bidding?

isn't that really saying all the airy fairy arguments don't stack up on their own merit? if no, why have it at all.

my biggest argument against is that a player can decline to be selected. no other draftee has that level of determination, and it isn't right.

Jammo got one poppin in October. Lets hope its the right flavour

Oh yeah best of luck to mother and baby for a safe delivery as well:thumbsu:

The following is a list of all players who have been good enough to represent the Adelaide Football Club on 100+ occasions. Below each of them are their male prodigy.

I hate to be pedantic, but I will be anyway. The word is actually progeny. A prodigy is someone with precocious talent (eg. Mozart, Patrick Dangerfield).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well spotted. :thumbsu:

Not only am I pedantic...but have I obviously have bugger else to do other than target other people's mistakes. What a worthless existence I lead...someone hide the sharp objects please.

Not only am I pedantic...but have I obviously have bugger else to do other than target other people's mistakes. What a worthless existence I lead...someone hide the sharp objects please.

...and then I make mistakes of my own! one too many haves! Oh woe is me.

I'm pretty sure I read in the newspaper they are:thumbsu:
I'm guessing it'll be brought up in this.

10012711rw1.jpg

There was a rather small mention in the paper today that Kylie Green, Ben Rutten's partner gave birth yesterday to baby Jack :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back