Radiohead

Isandula

Premiership Player
May 17, 2006
Somewhere on earth...
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting thought for sure. I like the fact they never change their style much at all and still produced great music, the latest album In Rainbows is fantastic and up there with OK Computers and The Bends. Though it does take more than a few listens to each album before it shines and every listen of the songs sound slightly different from the last time.
Obviously their absurd sound will not be for everyone but I really quite like them. Not so sure about been the greatest (The Beatles are hard to beat) but they certainly up there.

Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
0653_homer-eating-popcorn-small-c78.jpg

SunKing

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Greatest band after The Beatles perhaps. Certainly no band post 1970 is their equal. Ok Computer is out of this world genius.

Jimi

Draftee
Melbourne Demons - Dominic Barry 2013 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2013 Player Sponsor
Oct 10, 2004
Probably the most polarizing modern band. Thom's voice hits all the right notes for me, but to others he just sounds like a whiney a-hole.
Not the greatest of all time, but if they keep putting out awesome music then they will end up being right up there with the Beatles, Zeppelin, Stones, etc. (ya rly).

[YOUTUBE]1CnCWAncnwE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

SunKing

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not the greatest of all time, but if they keep putting out awesome music then they will end up being right up there with the Beatles, Zeppelin, Stones

Personally I'd put them above the Stones in terms of music. The Beatles are the only band they won't topple.

Radiohead's third album got compared to Pink Floyd a lot when it came out, and its slow drama and conceptual sweep certainly put it in that category. OK Computer, though, is a complicated and difficult record: an album about the way machines dehumanize people that's almost entirely un-electronic; an album by a British "new wave of new wave" band that rejects speed and hooks in favor of languorous texture and morose details; a sad and humanist record whose central moment is Thom Yorke crooning "We hope that you choke." Sluggish, understated, and hard to get a grip on, OK Computer takes a few listens to appreciate, but its entirety means more than any one song. --Douglas Wolk

Close to but not quite. I rate Pink Floyd then the Beatles as the most influential bands then Radiohead

The Bends is arguably there best album followed by In Rainbows. Never quite understood the love affair many have with OK Computer.

And Radiohead fans are beautiful people ;) :cool:

Jimi

Draftee
Melbourne Demons - Dominic Barry 2013 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2013 Player Sponsor
Oct 10, 2004
No, Just no,
You cannot honestly believe that:eek:

I can and do.
Radiohead are my favourite band behind Led Zep and The Pixies.
I'm not a fan boy, I listen to a lot of music. IMO Radiohead make better sounding music than anything I've heard since the first time I span Revolver.

Sep 13, 2006
Highett, Bayside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Victory,Storm,Rebels,Bushrangers
Close to but not quite. I rate Pink Floyd then the Beatles as the most influential bands then Radiohead

The Bends is arguably there best album followed by In Rainbows. Never quite understood the love affair many have with OK Computer.

And Radiohead fans are beautiful people ;) :cool:

OK Computer and The Bends are brilliant albums, the rest drop away a bit

CaptainDavey

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
The Shire
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
I am a big fan but there is no way they're at the level of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin. Those three bands are music, rock and roll royalty, rock and roll gods! To suggest that Radiohead is their equal or better is just insane

Mar 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
i absolutely love kid a, amnesiac and the bends (and to a lesser extent, the overated ok computer). the rest of their albums i can either take or leave. to say they're the greatest ever is a stretch, they're more the next step just below the absolute very best of alltime.
it's like how people say the beach boys are the best ever based more or less solely on pet sounds (an album close to perfection). nobody ever says how great surfer girl or smiley smile are (they're ok, not awesome).
as such, is the band who gave us pablo honey the greatest of all time? not quite there ...yet. RH give us another album or two as brilliant as kid a or the bends, they might be in the running for greatest ever.

Back