Nov 17, 2007
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GC Blaze and GC United
Meet Gazza - The Surf Bum

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/09/05/15901_gold-coast-top-story.html

I couldn't be any more embarrased!! If this isn't a slap in the face by GC17 then i don't know what is. :mad:
Gazza the Gay Surf Bum, wow what a mascot!!
This will certainly put fear into other teams not to mention the kiddies!!

The Gazza Bio:
The club's mascot, which was also revealed last night, will be known as 'GC' -- known fully as Gary Clifford Irons -- a mild-mannered lifesaver during the week but a superhero footy fanatic on the weekends.

Azzballz Deluxe

All Australian
Dec 17, 2006
Campbelltown, Syd
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/09/05/15901_gold-coast-top-story.html

I couldn't be any more embarrased!! If this isn't a slap in the face by GC17 then i don't know what is. :mad:
Gazza the Gay Surf Bum, wow what a mascot!!
This will certainly put fear into other teams not to mention the kiddies!!

The Gazza Bio:
The club's mascot, which was also revealed last night, will be known as 'GC' -- known fully as Gary Clifford Irons -- a mild-mannered lifesaver during the week but a superhero footy fanatic on the weekends.
(How GAY!!) :mad:

So when do we get to vote for a new board of directors to hopefully change the mascot!!

What, did you want him to be as funky as the Elvis impersonating lion or as mean as the lightening bolt man?

How old are you, 10?

phurry

Senior List
Nov 17, 2007
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GC Blaze and GC United
What, did you want him to be as funky as the Elvis impersonating lion or as mean as the lightening bolt man?

How old are you, 10?

At least i'm older than you then!!

This mascot is aweful. Did you hear the crowd on the Footy show laugh at it. Even the hosts couldn't believe how bad it was.
The Titans supporters will have a field day with this!!

As a "Gold Coaster" I am embarrased.
In saying that though, i do like the logo and colours but surely they could have added maybe a shark as a mascot if they weren't going to use a name. Let's hope Tassie and West Sydney learn from our mistake!!

Azzballz Deluxe

All Australian
Dec 17, 2006
Campbelltown, Syd
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
At least i'm older than you then!!

This mascot is aweful. Did you hear the crowd on the Footy show laugh at it. Even the hosts couldn't believe how bad it was.
The Titans supporters will have a field day with this!!

As a "Gold Coaster" I am embarrased.
In saying that though, i do like the logo and colours but surely they could have added maybe a shark as a mascot if they weren't going to use a name. Let's hope Tassie and West Sydney learn from our mistake!!

The only time you even see the mascot is when the guy in a suit is running around at the game, entertaining the kiddies.

Thats all mascots are good for mate, forget about it.

Sir Biffo

Rookie
Sep 2, 2008
QLD
Hahahah how fitting. Oh well when they go bankrupt after 2-3 years you'll have another 10+ years to think of a better mascot than some knobbly kneed pillowbiter.

gazza050908.jpg

If you wear budgie smuglers you could at least smuggle a budgie in them. This bloke is hung like a Barbie doll... :rolleyes:

FlyingCrow

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
But in the absence of a nickname, what else have they got?

That is the key point. This mascot, whether they like it or not could "morph" into their identity. Unlike our mascots that are just for the kids and arent used at all, this "SuperLifesaver" is the face of their club.

Sad but true.

What happened to the Marlins???

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
They've made it appear like "gazza' is standing very effeminately. Probably not what your looking for when trying to promote a football team.

what would you prefer ? A fat bald guy in a wife beater and half his missus face on his fist ?

Its a mascot - I'm positive that something will come up once they are AFL ready

we are talking about a club 3 years from their first match

Subprime

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2007
Ether
AFL Club
Collingwood
I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here again for comparison:

mascotmanor3.jpg

Fits right in, I reckon. They're for the kiddies, so I really don't know what some of you were expecting.

Why have the Bombers got a mozzie for a mascot? I think Gary will fit right in with that crew btw.

Why have the Bombers got a mozzie for a mascot? I think Gary will fit right in with that crew btw.

I also asked that question on another thread, apparently it is in reference to a premiership winning team from the 20s that had lots of small players in it, aka 'The Mosquito Fleet'.

That is the key point. This mascot, whether they like it or not could "morph" into their identity. Unlike our mascots that are just for the kids and arent used at all, this "SuperLifesaver" is the face of their club.

Sad but true.

What happened to the Marlins???

Hardly 'sad but true', in fact I'll go so far as to say that your entire post is 'sad but bullshit'.

Back