Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

wallyt99

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2007
Bay 13
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So....I am sure we have all snuck in to rock festivals before.... The jump and run.... The covert ops.....

Has anyone snuck into a Grand Final before?

Anyone planning to this year?

Any tips?

======

BigFooty does not recommend anybody actually tries to sneak in to the AFL Grand Final. This thread is for entertaining stories.

Last edited by a moderator:

So....I am sure we have all snuck in to rock festivals before.... The jump and run.... The covert ops.....

Any tips?

A mate of mine had his ticket stolen when he was pickpocketed outside the MCG on GF day 2005. He just bluffed his way in past the youngest-looking attendant when all the smokers hurried in before the game started.

Funny thing is, he was an off-duty copper.............and a Swans supporter.

You've got to pick the youngest ticket inspector. I snuck into Rod Laver Arena once, during the Australian Open. Just told them I had forgotten to take my ticket out with me when I went out and she said fine.

Any tips?

We had a guy from Albury sneak in through the pass out gate in 2006 and score seats right behind the players bench.:thumbsu:

You can always try and photocopy a cardboard MCG passout card. It has worked for others.

JF

We had a guy from Albury sneak in through the pass out gate in 2006 and score seats right behind the players bench.:thumbsu:

You can always try and photocopy a cardboard MCG passout card. It has worked for others.

JF

Now adays you have to show your ticket with your passout before you can enter unless we still have ********s minding the doors.

Do they open up the gates at three-quarter time like they do at normal matches? I had a mate get in to see the last quarter of the 2006 Gf like that. He watched the 1st 3 quarters at Punt Rd, then snuck in at 3/4 time.

JF

Do they open up the gates at three-quarter time like they do at normal matches? I had a mate get in to see the last quarter of the 2006 Gf like that. He watched the 1st 3 quarters at Punt Rd, then snuck in at 3/4 time.

JF

Doubt it, especially if it's a sellout - wouldn't it be a safety risk to allow more than ground capacity in? I used to live a few mins from the G and would regularly go to the last quarter if a game was close. The last final I tried to get into, they opened the gates with 2 mins left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once someone has gone in with their ticket, get theirs and pretend to swipe it through the gate. The green light won't go on but act surprised and excited to be there and the attendant will more than likely let you through. You can't get arrested for trying!

That's relatively close to how we pulled it off.

I've got into events before, just by wearing a suit and acting like a corporate.

Its amazing what you can get away with if you dress right.

Haven't done it at a Grannie before, but I know a mate who has.

Basically I've heard there's a few side entrances into the ground that people don't know of. Just put on a suit, and act all professional and upper class and you can get in with ease.

Offer one of the footy record sellers money to get you a passout, pretty simple way get them to enter the ground and then just leave the ground thru a different gate without their gear on, thus getting a passout, you get passout they put their uniform on and back in they go.

I've heard of something similiar happening in the past, although if they ask for ticket it may not work now.

Any tips?

It wasn't so much sneaking in but in 2002 Myself my brother in law and my cousin waited at the roller door for it to open. After about 30 mins it opened to let a ambulance in and we went for it. I have never run so fast in my life. We ended up being helped by some Collingwood supporters who realised what we had done and hid us in a standing room area in the Southern Stand. Awesome day and something we always talk about when we catch up.

I snuck into the 99 grandfinal. I had no tickets so I drank at a nearby hotel. A little into Three quarter time I walked into the MCC area. Nobody was there checking, people coming and going. So I got to see two and a half quarters in a pub and 1 and 1/2 quarters live.

:thumbsu: Tho I'd reckon a lot of Carlton supporters would have been packing up ready to leave by then. :)

I did it in the 95 grand final. Had been away overseas all year and got back for the prelim. Watched the cats belt Richmond and thought it was going to be the best year of my life. Had spent the previous 6 months with a spanish flight attendant so I was on cloud nine.

In the days following the prelim I couldn't get a ticket anywhere - wasn't a member that year.

However I was fortunate enough to have a mate whose father knew a bloke who worked on the gate at the MCC members. He arranged for me to meet him at 9.00am sharp outside, he would go in and let me know when I was able to walk through.

After watching him walk through he approached his friend (who was about 70yo), spoke for a good 2 minutes (felt like 20!!) and then the attendant looked up at me and motioned for me to come to him.

As I got to the gate he quietly said "have a good day son" and off I went. Prime seats in the MCC members.

Then it all turned to s**t........

ive done many a rock concert and its easy...
the only way to do it is to pretend you are working there...go in early like seriously early and go to the staff entrance.. maybe look up online a company that supplys staff to events and use that as a back check...
if you look like your meant to be there u should get in...
go dressed in black pants and a white shirt or something yet have a backpack with your footy clothes in..go to the dunnies get changed.. hang out and then check your bag in to the coat room...EASY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back