On a scale of 1 to 10

On a scale of 1 to 10, what chances City will win league before Liverpool?

• 1 (no chance of it happening)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10 (will definately happen)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

dont think either will win it for a while. but if one of em liverpool easily to take it before city at this point in time.

If Liverpool are going to win this contest, they will need to win the EPL within the next 3-4 years. Within two years Man City will be a top 4 side and with a few more years experience will be definate contenders year in year out like Chelsea.

Its 50/50 IMO...

a lot of things have gone in pools favour so far but I still think they are a little bit away from the league overall but you never know and if they win it then well obviously they deserve it.

It's not so much the position in the league at the moment, it's the results we've achieved against certain teams.

And they have also been your best performances.

While you have picked up 3 points in most games many have come from late winners which wont always happen but you take them while you can.

And they have also been your best performances.

That's a positive for me.

Played a great game against Chelsea, and a very good half against United.

Other than that there's only been patches where we've produced what we're capable of.

A little more consistency and we could be there or therabouts later on in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. Unlikely but possible. City will have to do more than buy lots of players as getting them to gel as a team will be the key.

Its likely neither will do it for a while but history suggests Liverpool should have the front running. Personally would be happy for City to win one, as long as United don't win any more.

LFC have plenty of hard work to do this year. I won't be getting excited unless we are on top come the end of January.

I'd say a 5.

Liverpool can match it with the best, their problem has been consistency. They could use a little more depth as well.

They only need probably 2-3 more buys to match Manure and Chelsea all the way, whereas City would need 6-7.

That's a positive for me.

Played a great game against Chelsea, and a very good half against United.

Other than that there's only been patches where we've produced what we're capable of.

A little more consistency and we could be there or therabouts later on in the season.

understand were your coming from but sooner or later the rub of the green evens out...thats football, and you will be there abouts.

While at the gym, trying to get my physique up to a level that matches apollo creed's, I actually thought of something...

This season City had a huge chance to put a dent in Liverpool's title challenge this season but cocked it up, that could almost comeback to bite them (this thread?) by May.

I'd say a 5.

Liverpool can match it with the best, their problem has been consistency. They could use a little more depth as well.

They only need probably 2-3 more buys to match Manure and Chelsea all the way, whereas City would need 6-7.

Well beating our rivals I think has been just as big a problem as consistency. So far so good this season. I think City will obviously become a major force in the next 2 to 3 years, but really, you can only buy so many top class players. Whether you have Abramovichs money or the Arabs money, it will still buy you world class all over the pitch.

City could end up like Chelsea with a super team. But that didnt help Chelsea on the weekend did it? Were capable of winning the title, hopefully this season.

While at the gym, trying to get my physique up to a level that matches apollo creed's, I actually thought of something...

This season City had a huge chance to put a dent in Liverpool's title challenge this season but cocked it up, that could almost comeback to bite them (this thread?) by May.

It might dent this thread but dent City? Do you think City are actually a chance to win the league this season??

Depends on any ownership changes for Liverpool, new ground bringing in more cash etc.

Lets just take this season one game at a time.

City havent beaten anyone of note yet however, infact drawn with newcastle (yes i realise we drew with stoke) and lost to wigan. We;ll see how they go and who they bring in but frankly, they cant buy everyone, and would have a very hard time buying anyone of note from the big 4 english clubs, which rules a bunch of top players out (altho you could see them raiding clubs at their level, ie Aston Villa, their competition for 5th this season).

City could end up like Chelsea with a super team. But that didnt help Chelsea on the weekend did it? Were capable of winning the title, hopefully this season.

Well, it did help Chelsea win two league titles in a row and IMO will make it 3 come May 2009.

I can't help but think Liverpool will be like Arsenal last season and fall off the pace towards the home end. Manure will eventually really start pushing the top two anyway as they have far too much quality not to do so.

When Ronaldo goes to Real in Jan, Manure will fall off the pace, and Man City will buy Wayne Rooneh for 75m in Jan.

Manure will be relegated with Tottenham and Everton

Back