Ants, ants, everywhere!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone remember Lisa from "Six Feet Under"? SHe was sitting on the floor reasoning with them "OK ants, this is my kitchen, it's time for you to go"

Nate and Claire standing in the kitchen door just looking blankly at her.

LOL. I loved Six Feet Under, but cannot remember that!!! Man id love that series on DVD...

Yep, this thread has everything, I must say we have all become so completely aware of the devastation that Ants, Ants, everywhere can cause. Glad you have enjoyed the reading material - the author of this thread will be most pleased. :)

Hehehe. I am. :)

Was about to tell Shell to give it up and move houses, because the ants have won. But it wasn't bumped by him. :D

Him? Is that referring to me? If so I am a "she". :)

Shell shouldn't move houses - this thread is way to important to die we will need more updates to lead into next summer.

Besides you can't let the ants drive you out of your home. :D

Hahahaha. Of course not.... now for my next story...

This happened the other day.
I walked into the flat from the back door and I noticed this spider, (grey huntsman by the look of it), obviously squashed and covered in ants. (yay go ants, devour that corpse).

Anyhoo, so i walk into the flat and go to my flatmate... "Dam, so you killed ANOTHER spider?!?!?!"
Flatmate: "What spider... i didnt kill any spider!!"

:eek::confused:

Please post here any theories on how the spider died!!!!!

It saw Ling's face.

ROFLMAO. We have a winner!!!!!!!! :D:thumbsu:

Oops, my bad. :eek:

Ah dont worry about it. It has happened before.. tho i have no idea why. Michelle = Shell.

And anyway, who else would complain about spiders and ants than a very whimpy little "girl"?!?! (no offence to the big tuff men who have posted on this thread doing the exact same thing!!! :D)

And anyway, who else would complain about spiders and ants than a very whimpy little "girl"?!?! (no offence to the big tuff men who have posted on this thread doing the exact same thing!!! :D)

With regards to spiders, I'm still a little bit arachnophobic about them. Not as much as I used to be though.

tho i have no idea why. Michelle = Shell.

I just assumed you liked shells. :D

With regards to spiders, I'm still a little bit arachnophobic about them. Not as much as I used to be though.

Well a phobia is nothing to poke fun at. Glad to hear you're a bit better with em at least. :thumbsu:

I just assumed you liked shells. :D

Lol, well that too! I love the beach!

Hi Aqua! Long time no see :)

Yes of course they are back... im off to buy copious amounts of Ant Sand after work today. :thumbsu:

Actually, i went over for dinner to my folks house last night. (Which is no less than a 5 min drive from my house), and they def put the ants into perspective for me.

They have cockroaches!!!!

Yes of course they are back... im off to buy copious amounts of Ant Sand after work today. :thumbsu:

Well you know it's best to be prepared - good to see that you are being pro-active and preparing yourself - for when they all start marching up and down your kitchen again this summer..... :D

Well you know it's best to be prepared - good to see that you are being pro-active and preparing yourself - for when they all start marching up and down your kitchen again this summer..... :D

Sand has been bought and distributed. Lets see em get thru it :cool::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A friend of my co-workers had the same dilemma her way of dealing with it was to keep throwing water on them her reasoning was if she drowned them all...the message would get out to the other ants that they would all drown if they ventured in her house...Ohhh, I absolutely laughed so much I was in tears as the story was relayed to me.

wiggum_standingtall.gif

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you ants!

Sand has been bought and distributed. Lets see em get thru it :cool::thumbsu:

Well, it seems the ants may have won (for now).

On way to bed late last night, saw some marching on thru the cupboards where we have our plates and stuff. (no food). I thought "cbf'd dealing with this s**t now'- went to bed.

Next morning they was gone.

If you keep killing them, they will come back and in greater numbers to avenge their fallen brethren.

Yes, that's what I think also - they even have special signs made up as they begin their mass pilgrimage over to Shell's place for a picnic. :D

ANT-TO-PICNIC.3.jpg

"Follow me - fellow soldiers, this is the way to Shell's place"

I had massive amount near a window they where making my gheko fat,but also crawling all over him.
I helped him out with the vaccum cleaner and Baygoned inside the vac.
I dont like to spray in the house because of "Gordon Ghecko'
In Melbourne i had a massive plague (lived on sandy soil near beach ants love that).
Bought some clear glue stuff like silicone, but paintable and went round and sealed all the gaps in skirtingboards and architraves,will do the same here as it worked well.

What mod wants, mod gets. ;)

Kk, ants are STILL yet to find the pantry (thank god), so i have literally packed everything into it, foodwise. The ants are loving this particular cupboard in the kitchen- god knows why as ive removed all the food out of it- yet still go there.. and die.. cause i guess the insect spray i sprayed in it is still working.

(God ants are dumb)

So yeah, ant sand is epically failing atm- off to buy Ant Rid this weekend. :thumbsu:

PS. Oh, and Ants REALLY have a thing for Light n Tangy chips. I left a packet (opened- but tied up tight with a hairtie) in there and i think it lasted for about 5 mins till they got to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back