The 6pm Simpsons Episodes Are not getting cut...stop the panic

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Re: 6.00pm weeknight episodes of The Simpsons boned for...

It's not on at 12.30am because everything has been bumped back half an hour for some craptacular Aussie soapie called Out of The Blue [something like that] at 10.30pm.

That came on after SVU last night and i watched the 1st 5 mins, before realising that my 2 cats could do a better acting job. It was horrid. It won't last 2 weeks.

One of the worst ive seen, and thats saying something.....

Mar 21, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Mighty Ducks

You have got to be F****N kidding me.

Bomber Bears

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2005
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Sydney, Liverpool, NSW

exqueeze me?

I've lost all faith in FTA tv

Bombers_Forever

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
May 9, 2003
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners and Seahawks

You suck 10 - you dump the only decent show you have..........

Let the awkward staring begin!

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

all the wifeys are cooking tea at that time, who's gonna feed the family now?

OK, here's what we've got: the Channel 10 Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people under the supervision of the reverse vampires are playing soap operas in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner.

We're through the looking glass, here, people...

Judge Judy replaces BATB at 4.30pm and Everybody Hates Raymond replaces Judy at 3pm

"Well we stayed up all night but it was worth it"

adelaide_40

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 20, 2007
Area 51-A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Law & Order SVU

did anyone read the comment in the article made by the person saying BATB has the best acting on tv or something?

I think ti personally has worse acting than neighbours.

mdc

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Jun 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

OK, here's what we've got: the Channel 10 Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people under the supervision of the reverse vampires are playing soap operas in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner.

We're through the looking glass, here, people...

"Well we stayed up all night but it was worth it"

Well played. :thumbsu:

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS

Well The Simpsons returns on Monday :thumbsu:

Order in the 6.00pm universe has been restored.

At this time, it should probably be noted just how many nights per week Ten was using The Simpsons to patch the gaping holes in its summer lineup. Which leads to the question, can you have too much Simpsons on TV?

(Fox8 would argue no, of course...)

Fat Tony

Senior List
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

At this time, it should probably be noted just how many nights per week Ten was using The Simpsons to patch the gaping holes in its summer lineup. Which leads to the question, can you have too much Simpsons on TV?

(Fox8 would argue no, of course...)

Nah those old episodes (seasons 1-10) get better with age despite the fact everyone has seen them 1000+ times.

The Dukes Brian

Debutant
Jul 27, 2007
Your mum's bed...
AFL Club
Geelong
Channel 10 wont Axe The Simpsons...

From News.com.au -

THE Ten network will axe The Simpsons and replace it with more news, extending the one-hour 5pm bulletin to 90 minutes.

Insiders confirmed the financially troubled network says it can no longer pay the fee of $25,000 for each episode of the top-rating social satire.

Ten says dropping The Simpsons would save it $6 million a year.

By extending the news, Ten hopes to steal audience from the Seven and Nine networks in the crucial 6pm timeslot.

The high-risk strategy is being plotted in Sydney by Ten's national news supremo Cathy Schnitzerling.

Secret pilot shows have been filmed in most state capitals.

It is understood the new show will borrow from the Sky News format with a chatty presentation heavy on sport and with regular headline updates.

Key reporters will offer provocative commentaries on news and current affairs.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25391269-10229,00.html

Sad sad day. I know we've seen them all so many times before, but its still always good to see them on the odd occasion with a classic.

I wonder if another network will pick them up?

Apr 10, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Re: Channel 10 to Axe The Simpsons...

$25,000 doesn't seem that steep to show an episode, surely the production costs of 30 minutes of news would come close to that? So Ten will effectively have a bonus current affairs show by the sounds of it, it could work due to the differing timeslot to 7 and 9.

$25,000 doesn't seem that steep to show an episode, surely the production costs of 30 minutes of news would come close to that? .

Yeah that is what I would've thought.

You would also think that they wouldn't drop the Simpsons completely. It will be airing on 10 sometime soon even if it is dropped for the time being.

Pathetic decision, sitting down at 6 to watch The Simpsons even though you have probably seen it 100 times is a part of life

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Oh goody, 30 minutes more of cross-promotion and celebrity gossip masquerading as "news".
I'm sure 7 and 9 are quaking in their boots at having their 30 minutes of cross-promotion and celebrity gossip masquerading as "news" having extra competition.

Actually, if that 30 minutes is two versions of Sports Tonight (one for NSW & Qld; one for Vic, SA & WA) it might work for them.

jazz

Cancelled
Hawthorn Hawks - Beau Muston 2009 Player Sponsor
Sep 10, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I hardly ever watch commercial television and this has just ensured that it remains the case.

Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies

It'll be a good decision if Helen Kapalos undoes another button on the blouse.

And Tom Petrowski deserves a 10 minute bit by now, if not his own 6.30 current affairs show!

30 minutes of being told the bleeding obvious by Tom Pertrowski... :(

"Well, the market is down. Still down. No... wait... sorry... still down. Someone sold some shares. And some other people bought them... Someone else sold some... A company made an announcement... Oh, look, someone sold some shares to someone else... Did you see the big CommSec logo behind me? Eh? Whaddya reckon? Wanna get an account with us? Oh go on. Get an account..."

Back