Number 24

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
....who like to express those carefully thought out and educated opinions on the worth of various players, who will be Hawthorns 2009 whipping boy.

In the past there have been Bateman, Boyle, Dowler, Ellis, Ladson, Osborne, Taylor and Young amongst others.

Other than Dowler and Boyle in that list the others have developed into fine contributors for the club suggesting to me that the whippings they got were the product of ill informed and short sighted comment.

So who will it be in 2009? Taylor?, Dowler?, Kennedy?, or some other poor bugger working his guts out to be the best he can for himself and the club?

Come on, get in line to make your mark and look stupid down the track

....who like to express those carefully thought out and educated opinions on the worth of various players, who will be Hawthorns 2009 whipping boy.

In the past there have been Bateman, Boyle, Dowler, Ellis, Ladson, Osborne, Taylor and Young amongst others.

Other than Dowler and Boyle in that list the others have developed into fine contributors for the club suggesting to me that the whippings they got were the product of ill informed and short sighted comment.

So who will it be in 2009? Taylor?, Dowler?, Kennedy?, or some other poor bugger working his guts out to be the best he can for himself and the club?

Who ever it maybe - lets as Big Footy members get behind all our players and ENCOURAGE them right throughout the season - these guys are representing us.:thumbsu:

Yes. Osbourne received a lot of talk throughout the year but I fail to recall a single instance of him delivering.

You have NFI mate.

Osborne's game against the Western Bulldogs in the finals series is only one example of him delivering.

He had a fantastic season and was probably one of our standout players in 2008 (top ten).

Yes. Osbourne received a lot of talk throughout the year but I fail to recall a single instance of him delivering.

Came 5th in the Peter Crimmins Medal 154 votes - Premiership year.

and for what it is worth it is spelt OSBORNE

Perhaps we are talking about a different player:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, most of the footballers I have questioned are now gone - see Dawson, Jacobs, Miller, Kane, etc.

I did have my reservations with Ossie when he was in his 'angry young man and undisciplined' years, but he now kicks more goals than the 50s he gives away, so happy to take a hit for that.

I am also not convinced Gilham is a top quality full back as others identify, but hope he does become one. I also think Goo, whilst good by foot, is a million miles away from what Andy Collins offered. For those that never saw Collins, inagine Brad Sewell is a back pocket.

In addition, jury still out for mine on whether Murphy and Kennedy will become 100 game players (I think the hype exceeds abaility at this stage) and I'd like to see something in return (yes, I know injuries, blah, blah, blah...) for the picks we used on Dowler, Thorp, Bailey and Muston. For mine, the form of these four will determine our success over the next 2 - 3 years.

Harnessed his aggression at the ball & not the man he had a fantastic year imo Cynic opinions are like A-Holes mate we all have one your entitled to yours mate as confusing as it is!:p

I'm a strange kind of footy supporter ... I actually support everyone on the Hawks list until they prove beyond doubt they don't deserve that support. Of course, by then, they have usually been delisted or traded. I can't see the point in knocking our own players when there is an army of tools who play for other clubs we can get stuck into :)

I'm a strange kind of footy supporter ... I actually support everyone on the Hawks list until they prove beyond doubt they don't deserve that support. Of course, by then, they have usually been delisted or traded. I can't see the point in knocking our own players when there is an army of tools who play for other clubs we can get stuck into :)

Well put AH -that is my feeling as well:thumbsu:

Very well put AH..We are so quick to criticise our own players, where we should be supporting them.. Is David Crawshay any relation to Simon Crawshay? Now that's a blast from the past!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back