FTA-TV Sopranos, what really happened next.

Remove this Banner Ad

viii) We all know how much Godfather III ruined the Godfather movies. I think the focus on Meadow was a reference to the Godfather. David Chase didn’t end it the way Godfather III ended. This time the boss gets killed.
Personally I thought the focus on Meadow was an insightful social commentary on the fact that chicks can't drive for s**t!

Personally I thought the focus on Meadow was an insightful social commentary on the fact that chicks can't drive for s**t!

That too. And also the fact that Meadow is hot, even if she is now dating turtle from entourage for some inexplicable reason.

I was talking about your previous posts. Glad you finally decided to own up, congrats.

Such as?

And what do you mean "finally" ? Everything I took from another source, I mentioned as much.

Just cause you don't pay attention or take the time to think before your post, no need to lash out at me, Dorothy.

Admit it, you're wrong.

But there are just as many arguments to substantiate that Tony did not die.

Hey Rod, there's been plenty of pithy comments on your behalf since this, but I'm still waiting for you to actually expand on this.

What are these arguments? Or did you just say it ambiguously, hoping nobody would actually ask?

Such as?

And what do you mean "finally" ? Everything I took from another source, I mentioned as much.

Just cause you don't pay attention or take the time to think before your post, no need to lash out at me, Dorothy.

Admit it, you're wrong.

Such as

It was the symbolism of the gunman going to the bathroom first, then coming out and killing Tony. Same as Michael does in Godfather.

the guy was wearing a Members Only jacket... the Member Only episode was a direct reference to Tony joining all of this dead relatives and friends...

The screen went black... just as Tony and Bobby said it would....

He was EATING A FRIGGING ORANGE EARLIER IN THE VERY SAME EPISODE.... I shouldn't need to tell you what that means.

I'm not lashing out, I simply believe that you read a lot of this stuff offf other forums and now you're acting like you know more than anyone else.

You're like the Gunnar Longshanks of the Sopranos thread, knocking any opinion that doesn't mirror your own. Yes it looks obvious that Tony died, but unless the creator has come out and said "Tony died", then we're all free to interpret it in different ways.

Also, the Dr. Cox style of using a female name as an insult is really lame.

Such as

I'm not lashing out, I simply believe that you read a lot of this stuff offf other forums and now you're acting like you know more than anyone else.

You're like the Gunnar Longshanks of the Sopranos thread, knocking any opinion that doesn't mirror your own. Yes it looks obvious that Tony died, but unless the creator has come out and said "Tony died", then we're all free to interpret it in different ways.

Also, the Dr. Cox style of using a female name as an insult is really lame.

Ok, well what you believe is stupid and wrong. And I believe you wear women's underwear. How's that. And I'm not lame, you're lame.

Being serious for a second (cause I imagine you're just joking with all of this - or exceptionally precious): Not one person has floated any valid reasoning for Tony being alive. Personally I'd love to hear it as it might change my interpretation of the final episode. I learn a lot from reading other people's opinions. I think the case for Tony being dead is so strong, (for a variety of reasons, some of which I noticed myself some of which I read elsewhere) that I find it nearly impossible to see how anyone arrived at a different conclusion - but if someone can present a case strong enough to say otherwise, I'm always open to changing my opinion.

Sometimes I use caps cause I'm too lazy to bold things, which comes across as yelling - which might have confused you. I'm not really knocking anyone - just presenting my argument in a forceful manner, hoping to elicit a similar response from the pro-tony-alive camp.

P.S. Wire >>> Sopranos

Yes it looks obvious that Tony died, but unless the creator has come out and said "Tony died", then we're all free to interpret it in different ways.

Well, he did say:

"There are no esoteric clues in there. No Da Vinci Code. Everything that pertains to that episode was in that episode. And it was in the episode before that and the one before that and seasons before this one and so on. There had been indications of what the end is like. Remember when Gerry Torciano was killed? Silvio was not aware that the gun had been fired until after Jerry was on his way down to the floor. That's the way things happen: It's already going on by the time you even notice it."

Why mention Torciano's murder and a gun being fired if the ending was simply a "Tony carries on living in a state of paranoia"-type ending?

Hey Rod, there's been plenty of pithy comments on your behalf since this, but I'm still waiting for you to actually expand on this.
Well you can keep waiting because I refuse to waste my time feeding your ego.
If you can tone down your pigheadedness enough to find them, there are many arguments out there to suggest that Tony is not dead. And they have just as much (or little) weight as they arguments that suggest he is dead.

If that's too much for you, then at the very least stop lifting other peoples views and palming them off as your own, inaccurate as they may be.

Well you can keep waiting because I refuse to waste my time feeding your ego.

And yet, you still reply?

If you can tone down your pigheadedness enough to find them, there are many arguments out there to suggest that Tony is not dead. And they have just as much (or little) weight as they arguments that suggest he is dead.

Well, you shouldn't make claims without providing some basis. Maybe you shoudl edit your post to remove your comment about their being some solid arguments for Tony being alive? Better yet, you could just stoop posting altogether, seeing as you only want to make claims and not back anything up.

If that's too much for you, then at the very least stop lifting other peoples views and palming them off as your own, inaccurate as they may be.

I never once did that though - referenced everything I took from other sites, and admitted 'jacking' a list of ten reasons direct from another site. You should pay better attention so you don't like like a bitter loser.

And even if I were to do such a thing, it would be be more productive than making baseless statements and refusing to back them up

Sorry to say it 'Karl Pilkington' but you really are smothering this thread. I do believe your analyses of the ending is correct. Just chill the FK out man.

Your acting like that obnoxious reporter from fox news!

Oh yeah this guy
fox-20080717-oreilly.jpg

Anyone who answers back at all, you stop them halfway and say "Sit the Fk down *!"

We can all tell you love your 'Sopranos' maybe slightly obsessed and there's nothing wrong with that either. Your probably 26 or 27 (single), you wear a hat with a bullet hole in it that says "I just got whacked". Posters and cardboard cut outs are scattered all through your one bedroom apartment...... I don't know where im going with this, just chill buddy, dont get your 'bada bing' boxers in a knot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to say it 'Karl Pilkington' but you really are smothering this thread. I do believe your analyses of the ending is correct. Just chill the FK out man.

Your acting like that obnoxious reporter from fox news!

Oh yeah this guy
fox-20080717-oreilly.jpg

Anyone who answers back at all, you stop them halfway and say "Sit the Fk down *!"

We can all tell you love your 'Sopranos' maybe slightly obsessed and there's nothing wrong with that either. Your probably 26 or 27 (single), you wear a hat with a bullet hole in it that says "I just got whacked". Posters and cardboard cut outs are scattered all through your one bedroom apartment...... I don't know where im going with this, just chill buddy, dont get your 'bada bing' boxers in a knot.

Ouch, well played sir.

p.s. by 'smothering' you actually mean 'smothering it with being correct' though, right?

i reckon tony is dead but i think chase has left it open in case of a movie or something down the track - highly unlikely though

man i enjoy watching random episodes and there are some classic moments which totally take you by surprise - uncle junior is a crackup

No its obvious that he's dead. Anyone who thinks he's alive is wrong.

It isn't up for debate. All the clues are there, if chase was any less subtle he'd be literally beating us over the head with Tony's corpse.

The only people who aren't convinced, are people with no attention span.

jacked:

i) First episode of this season Bobby says you don’t hear it when you’re shot.

ii) Second to last episode of this season, Tony flashes to Bobby saying you don’t hear it when you’re shot.

iii) The entire story arc was about Tony - when Tony’s gone, the arc is done.

iv) In the diner, every time someone walked through the door, the perspective changed to Tony’s as he looked up

v) After the last bell jingle, just as the perspective changed to Tony’s everything went black and silent - as though the person whose perspective we were to shift to was no longer alive

vi) The cat was a reminder that Tony killed Chris, and had Adriana killed. The cat was a reminder that Tony’s a bad guy - who has it coming.

vii) There was so much symmetry between Phil’s execution in front of his family and Tony’s last moments

viii) We all know how much Godfather III ruined the Godfather movies. I think the focus on Meadow was a reference to the Godfather. David Chase didn’t end it the way Godfather III ended. This time the boss gets killed.

ix) Every other episode ended in music during the credits. This one had no music because Tony’s dead.

x) Episode titles have always meant something. This episode’s title referred to Bobby’s gift of the gun to Tony. When he gave it to him he made the comment about how everything would just go silent when you were shot.

xi) The ending was so incredibly brilliant. We all felt what it was like to be Tony in those final five minutes. We all felt nervous, anxious, just as he must have felt. After being absorbed into Tony’s experience, we were left with silence and blackness like death because…

Tony Soprano… is dead.
Yeh, if you like, you 're definately convinced, good argument too, but, and there are thousands of buts and maybes, jump to black! Thanks folks your probably right.

Ok, well what you believe is stupid and wrong. And I believe you wear women's underwear. How's that. And I'm not lame, you're lame.

Lol, way to prove my point about you being like Gunnar.

Being serious for a second (cause I imagine you're just joking with all of this - or exceptionally precious)

Good on you, you just completely fabricated something in an attempt to insult me. Fail.

I've said that I don't believe you and pretty much left it at that. You're being precious by getting all riled up about me not agreeing with you. Sorry:thumbsdown:

Not one person has floated any valid reasoning for Tony being alive. Personally I'd love to hear it as it might change my interpretation of the final episode.

They aren't valid in your opinion, that doesn't make them invalid. Believe it or not, we're all allowed to interpret it in any way that we choose, shocking! I for one think Tony did die, but don't jump down the throats of those who don't share my views.

I learn a lot from reading other people's opinions.

Only if they agree with you.

I'm always open to changing my opinion.

Judging by the posts of yours that I've seen in other threads, I'd disagree with this.

Sometimes I use caps cause I'm too lazy to bold things, which comes across as yelling - which might have confused you.

No confusion, you come across as a person who will stop at nothing to force his own views and beliefs into someone elses head. I'm not confused about that, I'm actually pretty sure of it.

Thanks.

Eleven years later, and Tony's still dead.

Unfortunately we lost James Gandolfini, so Tony will not reappear. His character was killed off I 'd say all of them blown up in the restaurant that turned the screen black, at the end.
Very frustrating ending , it was left up to the audience to decide, I thought it was pulled up that way, so as to leave an opening for the series to return. So I didn't agree at first that the family had been killed.

But they had done all they could, that show is unmatchable, they may make a prequel back to Johnny Soprano . But the actors had to go onto other things as well I guess.

My thinking now is I remember early days when they talked about the terrorist attack and 9/11 in the show.
And do you remember the FBI cop who changed to international security and investigation, he asked Tony at a later season to keep an eye out and so forth.

I reckon in the middle of the New York versus New Jersey gang war, that those who had found out about the FBI talking to Soprano, maybe they, not other mafia people, that hit his family. But terrorists.

And had nothing to do with the mafia fight.

Soprano's, some of it was based on the Decavalcante New Jersey crime family.

That is just a theory, about the end, as we all can have theories , its fun.

But that's what you have to do with one of the greatest pieces of entertainment, brilliant acting, and pretty close to the truth of the times for TV!

Every one has a different idea. Out of the main guys Pauli Walnuts was the only one left I think, Silvio is shot up in hospital,
and Phil Leotardo had his head squashed under his own car wheel!

I'd love to hear the "buts and maybes" though - nobody seems to have found any

I agree with you that Tony Soprano was killed in that restaurant along with the rest of his family.

The only thing to say further, is that the fade to black, suggesting death , as discussed between Tony and Bobby B.

About dying described as just going black.

Well we knew that the series end was probably death.

Of course for the producers to leave it with that though, was a way to keep it open if they ever decided to come back with it, personally now I don't think they did want to go again . Maybe a prequel?

James Gandolfini dying sort of put it all to rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back