General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

Nice looks great:thumbsu:
Maybe slightly moving the plane to the right or manipulating it in someway because it sort of looks a bit "lost" where it is now. Not a fan of the font though sorry, it is good in that it is bold and simple, but it reminds me too much of army lettering. Maybe that sort of font without the stencil look?

Not so much a fan of this stealth plane. I know you feel the opposite but i quite like the other one with the mean face :D

It looks more "real", I know that sounds silly, but the other just seems like a static, cold corporate logo.

It looks more "real", I know that sounds silly, but the other just seems like a static, cold corporate logo.

Yeh i know what you mean. I think the other one might not look so realistic as when most people think of a plane they would more likely think of the first type than the stealth type thing...sorry for my lack of knowledge on planes here. The stealth one lacks familiarity for me.

not having photoshop right now, its hard to make a good looking logo but i made a quick crappy looking logo to show what id like to see
Fakeessendonlogo.jpg

obviously it needs A LOT of tweeking. mainly i wanted to show how i wanted the bomber to look

not having photoshop right now, its hard to make a good looking logo but i made a quick crappy looking logo to show what id like to see
Fakeessendonlogo.jpg

obviously it needs A LOT of tweeking. mainly i wanted to show how i wanted the bomber to look

A lot of tweaking, it's one of those cold, soul less logos I was talking about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so im gonna re-do the close-up of the bomber inside the shield...changing the font and trying to make the plane sit a little more to the right.

Brb.
you're putting a lot of effort into this. especially when its not your club.
i would've lost interest ages ago

Don't you think that plane with the mean look, has more character, than a sterile paper airplane?

i know what you're on about, but it's like crappy music... sure some music might basically be crap, but if it reminds you of a past time then it has all the character you need. the 1983-1985 bombers got me on the bandwagon...

speaking of which: jetta, reimers, monfries, henry slattery, davey and ryder, and knights with 9+ wins in '09

off the bandwagon: laycock, and lucas at the back end of the season (though i hope they prove me wrong)

haha, we loooooooove designing new jumpers on the port board. So why not?!

this jumper design reminds me of the Xbox red ring of death tho :mad:

Please don't mention the rrod.. I've just come out the other side of that hellhole.

Ok here's a close-up....i think you'll love this....

bombers-12.jpg

I do like it.

However, I like my mug better.
It was used in the late 80's, early 90's, it was very similar to that, but had more red on it. My tatt is on my right shoulder blade, a bit hard to take a pic of. My daughter comes back from holidays next week, I'll get her to take a pic & post it. As an aside, the banner I made for the team to run through in Perth in 1996, had that logo on it, but don't think there are pics of that either.

See that you do. It has suddenly become vitally important to me to know what the hell you're talking about.

Geeez you guys are hard to please!
Lol, let me tinker with them then.
I need to do something for an hour, so I'll get to it asap.

You should have expected this when you opened this Pandora's Box.

This is our football club. We do not take anything associated with it lightly... unless you're posting in the Bay.

Not familiar with our logo from the 80's?

Essendon80s.png

Call me a fuddy duddy, but have always loved it. That for our "serious" one and my "mugshot" :p for the kiddie's one.

Back