ND Pick # 44 - Rory Sloane - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously this kid is so awesome.

l_7cda6b2e6608d296b7f08c485165bc41.jpg

And one hell of a chick magnet apparently!

What school did you go to?

Footballers always got the hot chicks in high school, they're the same girls who end up chasing footballers for husbands in their twenties. You know, the vapid kind who have nothing and no desire in their lives beyond being the famous and pretty wife of a famous and rich footballer... Alex Fevola for example.

Not that I'm judging any of those fine young things mind you, books and covers after all.

What I like most about the emerging culture in the AFC, is there seems to be less and less of the "GO home factor"....

A MASSIVE stack of our next geneartion are all 'interstaters', VB, Douglas, Knights, Dangerfield, Griffen, Jacky, Kite, Cook, Armstrong, McKay, Maric, Otten Tippett and Walker...add McKernan, Sloane, Lee and Young, that accounts for half our list...

Does Walker really count in that list though? I mean, Tex is from Broken Hill, the South Australian country town in New South Wales, he's a lifelong Crows fan and reportedly turned down several other clubs to take the Scholarship spot Adelaide offered him.

He still had to move away from his friends and family though NTRabbit...

Footballers always got the hot chicks in high school, they're the same girls who end up chasing footballers for husbands in their twenties. You know, the vapid kind who have nothing and no desire in their lives beyond being the famous and pretty wife of a famous and rich footballer... Alex Fevola for example.

Not that I'm judging any of those fine young things mind you, books and covers after all.

I certainly didn't go to any school where there were talented young footballers... but come, they're not just after this guy because he's a footballer, they're after him because he's THE SLOANE!

Good link cmndstab, seems like he's definately 'one of the boys' good to see and all the recruiters seemed to be spot on with personality.

Also, If you have a look down his comments on the right hand side you can see that one of his comments is from 'S-Mac' and is our own Shaun McKernan, good to see the boys were friends before coming over.

Good link cmndstab, seems like he's definately 'one of the boys' good to see and all the recruiters seemed to be spot on with personality.

Also, If you have a look down his comments on the right hand side you can see that one of his comments is from 'S-Mac' and is our own Shaun McKernan, good to see the boys were friends before coming over.

"yehh ****n oath man
ahh im goin 2 stereosonic 2day then think ill b goin out sumwere after that
wat bout u?"

Oh Shaun, you have a real way with words :eek:

They played for Vic Metro together and it was apparently a pretty tight group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bitter much are we NTRabbit?:p

Speaking of which, can I get a room with Rory Sloane? ;)

I'll even bring the choir boy outfit!

And one hell of a chick magnet apparently!

Hmmm, yes, looks like you've got a bit of competition there to win young Rory's heart cmndstab.

Hmmm, yes, looks like you've got a bit of competition there to win young Rory's heart cmndstab.

Funnily enough that wasn't even all of the pictures, I left it at that because you can only post seven pictures at a time. And I didn't even get into posting the pictures where he's disturbingly close to a his male friends!

Funnily enough that wasn't even all of the pictures, I left it at that because you can only post seven pictures at a time. And I didn't even get into posting the pictures where he's disturbingly close to a his male friends!

I noticed you decided not to post the one of him in pink hot pants..... :p

Still pissed of adelaide got him before collingwood.
I was on his bandwagon from day 1 i got bigfooty.
with mock drafts if you look at them.
and no one putting sloane in a team .
or 60 or above i would say get real he will be 40 or late 2nd round
but 1 pick before collingwood
still hurts :(
I added sloane and Mckernen on myspace weeks before draft day.
and they both went to adelaide
Weird hey ?
but goodluck for sloane hope he gets homesick :D

Still pissed of adelaide got him before collingwood.
I was on his bandwagon from day 1 i got bigfooty.
with mock drafts if you look at them.
and no one putting sloane in a team .
or 60 or above i would say get real he will be 40 or late 2nd round
but 1 pick before collingwood
still hurts :(
I added sloane and Mckernen on myspace weeks before draft day.
and they both went to adelaide
Weird hey ?
but goodluck for sloane hope he gets homesick :D

I'm surprised he wasn't rated higher considering he did some damn good jobs for Vic Metro and I believe captained a TAC Cup side or something?

But yeh, I'm a big fan ;)

By the way there is a dedicated Rory Sloane thread in our Locker Room subforum if you want to follow his progress/talk about him :)

I'm surprised he wasn't rated higher considering he did some damn good jobs for Vic Metro and I believe captained a TAC Cup side or something?

But yeh, I'm a big fan ;)

By the way there is a dedicated Rory Sloane thread in our Locker Room subforum if you want to follow his progress/talk about him :)

Firstly, BF's D&T is probably as diverse as the AFL's recruiting community. If the draft order had been organised a different way, most players after the first round would vary in their draft position considerably. Second, the BF group-think tends to do two things in my mind (1) overlook the kind of insurmountable flaws that recruiters don't want to take a risk on - think Rockliff this year, Tom Hurley a couple years ago (2) under-rate middle-range but minimal-gamble players like Sloane, especially defensive midfielders or medium defenders are too often stereotyped as not being fringe players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back