Training at Knox this Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like a lot of people had a heap of fun.

lol @ N24 :D

Some of us live out of Melbourne. Sure we could have come down last night but having to get up so early after a late drive.... then after training having to drive all the way home again tires some of us out a bit.

Young, Osborne, Lewis and Boyle - Rehab group

Not there: Bailey, Williams, Ellis, Hodge, Dowler, Croad and a couple of others

Suzi wrote 09.01.09 12:42

Sounds like a lot of people had a heap of fun.

lol @ N24 :D

Some of us live out of Melbourne. Sure we could have come down last night but having to get up so early after a late drive.... then after training having to drive all the way home again tires some of us out a bit.

RH
N24, leave HH alone! Good Hawks Girl who does her very best for the club and BF!

Dont u listen to him HH. He's probably not made training for he has another tense client meeting at Flower Drum deciding between the duck or the beef! :D

I went along as well, and got there just before 9!
Got a few photos which im transferring now so hopefully i can put some up :)

Ohh and at one point Buddy did a tiny bit of contact work against Cyril so he seems to be coming along well, and I also noticed muston looked a bit sore during the kids clinic!

Who looks to be shaping up well? Has Buddy lost that post-season lard? How's my boy Cyril going?

Who looks to be shaping up well? Has Buddy lost that post-season lard? How's my boy Cyril going?

Sorry I meant Buddy looked to be coming along well from his shoulder, and he looked pretty fit to me!

Cyril was going well, seems to have increased his fitness a bit but not majorly from what i saw (but maybe the guys who go to training regularly would have a better idea!) He was a bit behind the leader in his group sprints and stuff, but during the one-on-one work he took a few nice marks against his opponent, who I think was Birchall but I may be wrong..

84215860.jpg

More pics here;

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=84177857

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, Andy. I'm more than happy to see the blokes go shirtless, and you KNOW I'm female! :D
yes i know Kimbo but you must admit that if your a bloke & you want to see the boys shirtless there's something just not right not that there's anything wrong with that lol...;):p

Suzi wrote 09.01.09 12:42:p

RH
N24, leave HH alone! Good Hawks Girl who does her very best for the club and BF!

Dont u listen to him HH. He's probably not made training for he has another tense client meeting at Flower Drum deciding between the duck or the beef! :D
That you are HH.......:thumbsu: having just watched Buddy's goals with my Brother who is gate crashing from Vic a bit pissed but geez i love being a Hawk ATM the Brothers wife is a handbag supporter so it was a great day!;)

That is absouletly piss weak :( The only time Rusty does not attend training is when he has the sniffles. He pushes through the pain barrier of headaches and tiredness and can only be worn down by the sniffles. :D

So Hawks Heroes, a better effort is expected from you next time.

Geez, gilding the lily there a bit aren't you?? RH is a great man but he's been known to miss for reasons other than sniffles. Working, doing quotes, had enough of you pinching his doughnuts and potato wedges etc. etc.:D

Sorry had night shift last night and haven't got near anything to write down. But am tired and this is what I remember

Yes it felt weird to venture to a suburabian ground to watch our mighty team in action. Was the home of Knox Gardens (lucky football club getting a fund raiser via HFC. Cheers) Well it was grand final week atmosphere in my mind. Warm morning the ground for the burbs looked really really good. The BBQ going at 8am, the cops, the amount of kids wearing 23 or 33, and the sea of brown and gold.

Training consisted of:

Running. 100 metre sprints. Probably ran 10 each

Some light kick to kick (with players spread across the ground) This looks impressive as if a kick goes off the boot another will mark it! But showed just how skillfull and professional our boys are on a smaller type ground. It was all in front of the crowd on the stand wing/pocket

Next drill was a handball style keepings off (I take it the other groups across the ground doing the same) this simulation reminded me of the deliberate rushed behind rule. It seemed we were or had worked out a way to not rush behinds and force the ball into the open through handball. I had mainly our backline in front of me, with our forwards trying to throw them off. I thought our backline did a great job. Browny gotta love a bloke thats vocal (even with the kids around )

Then training turned into something quite interesting. This next drill was pure pr0n. We had 2 forwards lead out the square while the 2 backman obviously tried to defend. Buddy WAS FULLY INVOLVED and I'll eat my hat if he isn't fit now. Outside of that it was quite a sight and the strong crowd of round 200 loved it. Roughly I thought did best in the marking leading swinging round from round 50 and slotting quite a few it was very Buddyesque. The unlucky bloke who parked his ute behind the goals found our boy Lance could kick and do damage on the end of a monster torp from round 50 to 70 (all straight through goal post height) The kids behind me loved him.

After this it was half ground style match. This went on for round 15 to 20mins. I will say I think it was Schoenmakers (fuzzy hair?) ? Unsure but this kid can play. The people around me couldn't tell me as hats (optional) and the standard white HFC top woren by all. By this stage I'd started to venture across for a drink. And a clinic was put on for the kids (no we didn't play Collingwood!!)

But a few random things that stuck in my mind

JB saw in the carpark gave the usual grin and said how good it was to be home

Richo fired a nice comment getting all the kids back from behind the goals as they could get hurt. Shame it was the 34yo bloke instead!

Clinton Young has gained upper body weight, its quite noticeable. He ran a few laps with Lewis (in sling) and name escapes me Boyle prehaps. But 38 seconds was their constant time. Jordan looked stuffed, Youngy hardly raised a sweat.

Buddy what can I say! But FIT and looks ready. I'd say he'll be rested NAB but will play a practice match prior to round 1. No doubt at all. Gave the huge kid crowd alot of his time, was patient. Signed autographs to a queue that stretched across the ground but smiled and continued (like Cyril) Even scored a kiss off an elderly woman! He seemed quite stunned!

Roughy I personally thought trained the best. He was in front of me most of the session and boy I never realised how far he can kick. He will be huge this year for make no doubt about it. His got it all IMHO.

Ossie- will kick a bouncing/dribbling goal this year in the pocket ala Buddy round 20 vs Richmond. Practiced the drill alot.

Didn't have any midfielders really near us, but did get Changa a fair bit with the handball defence drill. He looks quite weird without the "do"

After going for a drink I saw perched up in the crowd with camera and lens that would make John Holmes blush but Mr Peter Dacios. I sensed him up to no good. Is he helping out anywhere or is it the Hawk in me that still hates everything Collingwood? (Paul Sharkey I'm sorry!) But photos were being taken at distance to see how our forward/back line set up. Prick!

The footy clinic for the kids. Congrats HFC very well done. My little one didn't join in but the amount of happy kids in our heartland went along way. All players helped out.

Funny moments for the day

Buddy having 5 million kids in front of him for an autograph and a kid round 6 or 7 in Geelong jumper asks for Buddy to sign the back of it. Buddy oh the verge of laughing jokes with the kid and says :nah mate buy a Hawthorn one!"

Second was when autographs were on Browny signed a few then walked up the back and disappeared. By this stage being thirsty I walked to the tent. And who appears at the back of the BBQ with 2 sangas in hand asking "where's the sauce!"

Also spotted on the day La Parka t-shirt. Sorry I didn't know who you were but obviously HHQ. Had a quiet chuckle anyway.

Good day

Thank you to all for the pictures and reports on the day at Knox. I particularly loved the picture of Buddy and the little boy, that boy will never forget the day "Buddy" spoke to him..He looks very fit, and doesn't Changa look different with his hair cut..I love it..:):thumbsu:

hey mcc i have not heard of la parka for donkeys ages he even dissapeared off hhq prior to that place going private guests only he was a character i think if i remember rightly wonder what he is doing now

hey mcc i have not heard of la parka for donkeys ages he even dissapeared off hhq prior to that place going private guests only he was a character i think if i remember rightly wonder what he is doing now

Yeah mate good old Dr La Parka was a character yes. He died a death for reasons I can't remember though :confused:

As for whats his doing now, he'd be a Dr to the stars in Toorak of course. Sitting on a $15000 grain fed leather couch, discussing does he sponsor both Buddy, Roughy and Campbo or just Stewie Dew as he pulls all the chicks ;)

Yeah mate good old Dr La Parka was a character yes. He died a death for reasons I can't remember though :confused:

As for whats his doing now, he'd be a Dr to the stars in Toorak of course. Sitting on a $15000 grain fed leather couch, discussing does he sponsor both Buddy, Roughy and Campbo or just Stewie Dew as he pulls all the chicks ;)
that sounds the life ;)

Late post from training according to BR, have been in bed with gastro last 24 hours, I think it was the Knoxville snag :confused:

Took forever to find the bloody place,where the hell was i, everything looked like 1983 Ramsey street one after the other.

Low light for the day was, did anybody else see the local parking inspector out slinging tickets everywhere? What a fargin prick! It was a family day for the area for flips sake.

Lot of guys missing, watched some ruck duals in front of me with tails,suzie and the newbie Lowden. He has good composure but my god he is thin! I'm more than happy to invite him around to a BR barbeque to put some weight on him, as you meat is served with a side dish of um..er.. meat!

The family stuff was great. Roughy,Stewy dew,Tails,Murph and Beau Muston really got in to it, where as some others you could tell it was a requirement and they wished they were elsewhere. (Yes the goalkicker)

Ran in to Mitch Thorp and had a chat with him with my little Jazz who those of you will remember from a year ago I posted some pics. He was thrilled to see his number 1 fan, and asked her heaps of genuine questions but now she's hit 7 she gets a bit gooey compared to being a kid. God help me when she's 15!

Notables from BR

Jordan Lewis although having his arm in a sling is fat!
Buddy when stationary has a pot belly
Roughy shouldn't grow facial hair
Clinton Young has found a chest over the last 3 months, well done, looks solid Clint:thumbsu:
Beau Muston is again in great physical shape, and he has excellent three split delts:thumbsu:
Changa with his hair cut looks like th little girl in Waterworld after Kevin Costner cuts her hair!
Liam Shiels looks very good
Jordan Lisle has a body ready to play straight up
Ben Mac moved very well but appears to have shrunk to just over 4 foot?
Tails looked better than Suzie and has also filled out a bit of chest

Knox although looking like a high school environment is a very good cooch grass ground, hats off

There was a sprint over 50 metres for the pill between Cyril and the Budster and who do you think won???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back