Help a BigFooty Legend - Bring Mobbenfuhrer home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everybody, sorry I haven't been in touch before now. This situation is utter craziness and last night was my first night's real actual night's sleep in a number of weeks.

I haven't even been able to contact everyone to thank them for their kind loans & contributions, and messages of support. Unfortunately my wife has taken a turn for the worse, and we have had to change medications THREE times, which is a huge upheaval. We can say farewell to sleep and rest etc for a while yet. I am committed to getting back to everyone individually but this may not happen until we get settled into a home of some description. At the moment, we are basically homeless and have too much on our plate just trying to get Arly's pain under control at least some of the time. It brought her to tears to hear that some people were upset that they hadn't heard back. I wish we could do better but its just not possible at this moment.

Here is a letter of thanks that Arly just wrote earlier today:
Dearest friends,

I only regret not being able to tell you sooner how amazed, stunned, grateful, relieved, happy you have made me feel by being so kind & generous. Your loans and kindness have made it possible for us to come back, you've kept us eating, you've seen to it that I've had these expensive U.S. medicines I've desperately needed, and more! You are angels in my life and in Kev's.

On the illness front I've had new & difficult complications & unanswered questions as yet as to the cause, and, therefore, the treatment. It has been kind of like a firing line of dealing with pain & trying to make difficult medical decisions in the midst of sleeplessness needing to do *some* things to organize getting us out of here because poor Kev, I've never seen him look like this - he's not well but still has to push on. My heart is broken.

I know that being home, and when we can finally settle will help Kev & myself. But we're hangin' in there.

You've been amazing people. It will take me some time to absorb what you've just done. Through all the setbacks there was always what you have enabled, life, in my mind and heart pulling me through. Thank you, thank you.

Love,
Arly

Now, we're relieved to say that we do have plane tickets to get us to Brisbane in March. If anybody has the ability and desire to swing us upgrades on Air NZ, we sure wouldn't stand in your way! Once we get there we'll be moving into temporary (motel / hostel?) lodgings. As Arly will be in REALLY bad shape when we get in, I have arranged for the first two nights to be in what seems to be a nice Inn in Spring Hill called "Dahrl Court" ( website ). If anybody has knowledge / comments on this lodging, please advise!

It has a kitchen which is vital here because she cannot eat ANYTHING that I do not prepare specifically for her (eg onion is dangerous, as is tomato, orange ... lets just say its an extremely restrictive diet). After these two days, we'll be moving into some simpler lodgings, also needing a kitchen, eg a hostel or some a motel that has a kitchen. We haven't worked out what yet, but we need a place down in similar area to where we'll be looking for a rental apartment/flat. This would be in the area around Holland Park, and sort of that way. So if anyone has an idea of such lodgings, again, much obliged!!! Here's a google
map

Thank you very very much for those who have already responded re health food stores :
- Mrs Flannery's in Annerley Rd, Woolongabba (not far from the Gabba) <--- one vote, will check it out
- Organic Essentials: 11 Days Road, Grange 3856 0678 <--- one vote, will check it out
- Fundamentals: La Trobe Terrace, Paddington
- Hi Vita Organics: Bald Hills
- House of Organics: Deb Meehan & Janelle, North West Plaza 97 Flockton St McDowall
- Margate Health Foods: Lesley Parker, 273a Oxley Ave. Margate Beach 4019
- Organic and Quality Foods: home delivery service: Brisbane and the Gold Coast 32753552
- RB's Organics: home delivery service to those living north of the river, west of Gympie Rd and selected other suburbs. Robin Brown, 33568676 rbsorganics@optusnet.com.au
- Sun and Earth Whole Foods: 845 Brunswick St, New Farm 3358 2299
- The Green Grocer: 144 Boundary Street, West End 38447961

Another thing we're looking for is a General Practitioner who is knowledgeable and compassionate so that we can get started on making appointments. We spend nearly all our time at either doctors offices or at emergency departments. So if anyone has good recommendations for a GP that's also be much appreciated!!!

I haven't had time to completely compile info re all the loans etc. I have received some of the loan documents filled in but I'm still going to be pushing that for anyone who can do one for me. Without some sort of document like this, Centrelink will treat the loan as a donation and make things harder for us to get assistance from the system. The loan docs are located at this address where you can either print an image or download a .doc or .odt version. So if you can send a loan doc to match the $ already sent, thank you! The eMail address is kev@footypedia.com

Anyone know a good taxi co that covers the Brissy areas that are relevant.

We have had an address made available to us so thank you very much for that!!! Now Centrelink know where to send their interrogation documents :)

Again, thanks very, very, very much! This will never be forgotten, and all will be repaid!! (Except one guy who actually threatened me with violence if I tried to pay him back - so I'm just going to burn that amount of money instead of giving it back to him).

I will keep updating.

Kev

I haven't had time to completely compile info re all the loans etc. I have received some of the loan documents filled in but I'm still going to be pushing that for anyone who can do one for me. Without some sort of document like this, Centrelink will treat the loan as a donation and make things harder for us to get assistance from the system. The loan docs are located at this address where you can either print an image or download a .doc or .odt version. So if you can send a loan doc to match the $ already sent, thank you!
Is this donated money going to affect your ability to get assistance from Centrelink though Kev? They would allow you a certain amount for funds/assets (or there would be some sort of threshold) before any reduction in assistance cut in wouldn't they?

The only reason I ask is that I really don't want my donation back (as small as it was :eek: ), and I am sure many others here feel the same. If there is any way you can keep it I would prefer that to be the case.

Cheers mate and stay well. Best wishes to you both.

I would give the full reasoning but you don't care. :)

Don't preach to people who aren't interested.
If you don't want to donate or aren't interested then don't post narky little comments in this thread. Leave the posting to people who do care and who are interested.

We wouldn't even be having this discussion but for your original "look at me" post which contributed nothing at all, other than to make a piss-weak excuse for not donating.

And if you do in fact have issues with criticism of doctors, start a new thread elsewhere about it. This isn't the place.

:)

(Apologies to Kev and Chief for sidetracking the thread. I won't reply to this "would-be donor" again).

I would give the full reasoning but you don't care. :)

Don't preach to people who aren't interested.

Not really the place for this.
If you don't agree and don't have anything positive to say don't donate and don't post about your reasons.

I suppose you canvassed the opinions of everyone effected by the Bushfires, made sure they all conformed to your views and then did not donate?

Of course not.

Need is need.

You either feel you want to help or not.

Is this donated money going to affect your ability to get assistance from Centrelink though Kev? They would allow you a certain amount for funds/assets (or there would be some sort of threshold) before any reduction in assistance cut in wouldn't they?

The only reason I ask is that I really don't want my donation back (as small as it was :eek: ), and I am sure many others here feel the same. If there is any way you can keep it I would prefer that to be the case.

Cheers mate and stay well. Best wishes to you both.

Yeah there'd be a threshhold of sorts but I dunno the exact details. All I know is that a loan is not an asset. If you don't want it back, then maybe you could recommend a charity to pay it back to some day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok here's the latest. We're going to be staying at Brisbane Street Studios for a while, if anyone knows anything about this place, or the area around it (Annersley, next to Buranda Shopping Centre and some hospital), we'll gladly take that information!

We are still open to recommendations for a GP.

If anyone knows the best or a good Brisbane taxi company, the number please sire.

Any real estate rental hints will be greeted with a yay!

Ok here's the latest. We're going to be staying at Brisbane Street Studios for a while, if anyone knows anything about this place, or the area around it (Annersley, next to Buranda Shopping Centre and some hospital), we'll gladly take that information!

We are still open to recommendations for a GP.

If anyone knows the best or a good Brisbane taxi company, the number please sire.

Any real estate rental hints will be greeted with a yay!

PA is a good hospital. I have worked there in the past.Anything medical pm me for if you like.

Thanks weevil and campbell. I'll probably PM you both. Re taxis, we just want one that can do the area without too much of that "oh we don't go that far" and also has some reliability / comfort.

The Gabba probably won't be a factor, even if its close. Due to Arly's illness, we are unable to go anywhere much other than doctors, and I can't really be away from her for any long time unless its emergencies such as picking up medicines. You don't expect any level of social life when someone's this crook in your family!!

When we rent, we'll probably looking for cheap 2nd-hand fridge / microwave etc. So if anyone's looking to offload any!!!

I am still in a spot of bother with my VHS videos (aussie movie collection). It looks like it'll cost about $600 to ship just that. Can't think of any ideas there!

Re PA Hospital - we just happen to be located next to it, but ok, good hospital, we'll keep it in mind! It would be handy if it had an emergency dept because it would be so close!

Sure you were......:rolleyes:
yeh so was i
biggrin.gif

Thanks weevil and campbell. I'll probably PM you both. Re taxis, we just want one that can do the area without too much of that "oh we don't go that far" and also has some reliability / comfort.

The Gabba probably won't be a factor, even if its close. Due to Arly's illness, we are unable to go anywhere much other than doctors, and I can't really be away from her for any long time unless its emergencies such as picking up medicines. You don't expect any level of social life when someone's this crook in your family!!

When we rent, we'll probably looking for cheap 2nd-hand fridge / microwave etc. So if anyone's looking to offload any!!!

I am still in a spot of bother with my VHS videos (aussie movie collection). It looks like it'll cost about $600 to ship just that. Can't think of any ideas there!

Re PA Hospital - we just happen to be located next to it, but ok, good hospital, we'll keep it in mind! It would be handy if it had an emergency dept because it would be so close!

The PA does have an emergency department as far as I am aware.

You'd also be pretty damn close to the Mater Hospital which is at South Brisbane.

Kev, give this place a ring, they might buy the lot from you?

http://www.bestvideo.com/default.asp

I also have some email addresses for people in USA that may be interested in buying them from you, give me a P/M if you like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back