WAFL Performances

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are no Dockers playing this w/e? It's ridiculous, all of our rookies who are fit should be playing especially considering they arnt even on the senior list. Sibbo should definately be playing and making him an emergency is ridiculousand van berlo, shepheard, pratt, hall, ruffles, clarke etc (players who wont be playing afl early on this year) should be developing in the WAFL. I just don't understand it.

Thornton played for South tonight and whilst he got a bit of the ball I think he was pretty disappointing. Dropped a sitter in the 3rd quarter allowing Swans to swoop on the loose ball and kick a goal to put them in front just before 3 quarter time.

Thornton played for South tonight and whilst he got a bit of the ball I think he was pretty disappointing. Dropped a sitter in the 3rd quarter allowing Swans to swoop on the loose ball and kick a goal to put them in front just before 3 quarter time.

Agree, Rash did a couple good things, but that's about it. pretty quiet really. nothing exciting.

i think clancee pearce may have played ressies but i didnt see that game. just saw him standing around in uniform with most the reserves players

All in all an above average to great performance for Scotty then.

How did Farmer go?

Kicked Souths' first goal of the season. :thumbsu: Was fairly lively in the first quarter, quiet through the second and third, but came alive in the 4th when the game was there to be won. Kicked 2.3 I think, including missing a couple of dead-set sitters, but the crowd oohed and aahed when he took a couple of good marks in the 4th. There was certainly lots of "Jeffrey talk" from both sides' supporters in the crowd! He's put on a couple of kilos around his middle - and I don;t mean his "core-strength"... ;)

Oh and Adam Hunter is a dirty, rat-faced cheating pig of a player who drags his knuckles on the ground when he walks... :mad:

This was my comment on Thornton from the WAFL board - will just cut and paste...:

* Scott Thornton was blerk.... Had a reasonable 3rd quarter - after he had gaffed an absolute sitter in the last line of defence which resulted in a Swans goal. Got pole-axed with a hip and shoulder right in the middle of the back and sent flying by Hunter - which went unnoticed by the umpire, earning some pretty hearty boos from the Souths members and supporters... it resulted in Swans 12th goal and cut the margin to 5 points at the 25 minute mark of the 4th, so you can imagine neither Hunter nor the umpire were very popular at that point in time...

Good to hear about Farmer. I'm hoping I get the chance to watch him rip a few teams apart this year.

Oh and Adam Hunter is a dirty, rat-faced cheating pig of a player who drags his knuckles on the ground when he walks... :mad:

I think you're being far too generous there. It's a shame Barry Hall didn't lay another one on him when he came mincing towards him like Bambi on ice.

Did anyone see or hear how Sibba and any other dockers went in reserves last night? I'm still apalled that they had to play reserves but considering the tigers played Subi, Sibba might of had more chances to get it in reserves.

Did anyone see or hear how Sibba and any other dockers went in reserves last night? I'm still apalled that they had to play reserves but considering the tigers played Subi, Sibba might of had more chances to get it in reserves.

Claremont obviously didnt think he was upto playing seniors ... they are not a charity side to develop AFL players. Same goes for all Freo and WCE rookies, they have to earn their spot in the senior side. You'd think if they were any good they'd force their way in very quickly.

I would think an afl listed player would be atleast in a WAFL league side. Especially considering it's Claremont who were hopeless last year. Also Sibo was our first rookie selection and also got a run in the pre season and apparently was close to being promoted. Claremont are coached by Kerr though, so I suppose the eagles boys come first hey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because a player is AFL listed does not mean he gets gifted games.

Casey just needs to put in the effort and show the form and he will play seniors. Something it sounds like he didnt do playing reserves. If the bloke struggled to get a kick in the ressies, the Tigers have been more than justified by the looks.

Would the Tigers have even seen him hardly yet considering he's been training and playing with the Dockers? I just think that he should be given the opportunity to play and if he's not upto it then drop him. Considering it's one of the worse teams and they have new players in their side, you would think an AFL listed player would get first crack.

Anyway it doesn't matter because he will prove himself, I have no doubt about that. Also the purpose of the Wafl IMO is to develop players to play AFL which is the highest level. Casey should come down to Souths where he would get the chance to perform and develop.

I think a few guys on here are expecting far too much too soon from Siba. Yes he's a very exciting player and he has the ability to do things most players can't.

However, remember that he's practically been plucked from school footy and as a result hasn't really been subjected to a level of professionalism, done a proper pre-season or played footy with a level of structures/tactics anywhere near AFL level. So really, he's coming from a long way back. Also being a rookie selection, he's come in quite late to Fremantle's pre-season.

So bear in mind that while he has an awful lot of potential, he's still got a long way to go before he can have an impact at AFL level.

I think people on here should dampen their immediate expectation of him, as it sounds like a lot of people expect him to come straight in, dominate WAFL League then play AFL later on in the year. That's not realistic.

By all means be very excited about how good he has the potential to be (I certainly am), but don't go expecting too much too soon from him, as in all likelihood you'll end up disapointed.

I don't know why you think playing WAFL Ressies is such a bad thing.

Heaps of our players have started in WAFL reserves including Sandilands, Ibbotson, Thornton, Pratt, Connelly etc etc. There is probably more.

It wouldn't trouble me if Sibsado played ressies all season given he's never, ever played against men. He's a long term project player as will be Zac Clarke.

BTW, Thornton starts every season slowly. He usually doesn't play AFL till round 4 or 5.

I just think that if a guy is good enough to be picked up by an Afl team he should atleast be given the opportunity to play WAFL league. He will learn more playing against older, tougher competition whereas in reserves the quality is a fair bit worse and he probably won't learn anything.

Just my opinion and also because if murphy and campbell struggle or get injured this year, sibo may be needed to play a role, so early exposure to good competition is vital and the club will know whether he can step up.

I think a few guys on here are expecting far too much too soon from Siba. Yes he's a very exciting player and he has the ability to do things most players can't.

However, remember that he's practically been plucked from school footy and as a result hasn't really been subjected to a level of professionalism, done a proper pre-season or played footy with a level of structures/tactics anywhere near AFL level. So really, he's coming from a long way back. Also being a rookie selection, he's come in quite late to Fremantle's pre-season.

So bear in mind that while he has an awful lot of potential, he's still got a long way to go before he can have an impact at AFL level.

I think people on here should dampen their immediate expectation of him, as it sounds like a lot of people expect him to come straight in, dominate WAFL League then play AFL later on in the year. That's not realistic.

By all means be very excited about how good he has the potential to be (I certainly am), but don't go expecting too much too soon from him, as in all likelihood you'll end up disapointed.

Could not agree more.

I just think that if a guy is good enough to be picked up by an Afl team he should atleast be given the opportunity to play WAFL league. He will learn more playing against older, tougher competition whereas in reserves the quality is a fair bit worse and he probably won't learn anything.

I don't see what the big deal is. I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure Garrick Ibbotson played reserves for East Freo his entire first year on our list. Maybe played a handful of league games. He has turned out fairly well.

I don't see what the big deal is. I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure Garrick Ibbotson played reserves for East Freo his entire first year on our list. Maybe played a handful of league games. He has turned out fairly well.

Everyone wants another Palmer!
Doesn't happen so often with bigger guys. I believe Roughhead & even Buddy played in the ressies a bit for their first 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back