WAFL performances part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back from Basso.
Hinkley was ok, some ordinary kicking as has been mentioned.
Walters is a class act. Think he'll be very at home in the 1's when he's fitter.
Broughton started well but didn't see much of him toward the end.
Louis Jetta is a gun, really takes the game on, fabulous skills and electrifying pace. Please draft him next year!
I'm still a wolfman lover. He has that vibe that Mitch Robinson has where he just wants the ball and wants to be involved. Think he could play AFL.
M Carr is still a crab, sold so many team mates into trouble with hospitable handballs. To be fair he did some nice work too.
It was an excellent game of footy, Subi nearly pinched it after being 6 goals down. They got the lead with 5 minutes to play but against the wind and against the tide Swans got the ball up their end, Wolfenden marked and kicked truly into a stiff breeze from 45. Ice cool finish with the game on the line!

I tihnk you are being very harsh on Carr, I thought he was one of their better players today with some very nice clearance work and handballs.

Also Lewis Jetta, he's really fast and also...ummm :confused:

He was flashy in parts I suppose but not impressive at all, tries to do too much and his disposal lets him down.

Some stats from today's games (this is all I can find ATM):

A. Foster (EF reserves) - 6kicks, 6handballs (12disposals), 2marks, 1I50, 0goals
C.Hall (EF league) - 15k, 9h (24d), 6m, 6I50, 2goals
C.Pearce (SD reserves) - 16k, 9h (25d), 5m, 6I50, 1goal

Looks like they were very good games by Pearce and Hall. Pearce would be looking for a call-up to Swans firsts next week, hopefully. :thumbsu:

A. Foster (EF reserves) - 6kicks, 6handballs (12disposals), 2marks, 1I50, 0goals

Looks like they were very good games by Pearce and Hall. Pearce would be looking for a call-up to Swans firsts next week, hopefully. :thumbsu:

Do you know if Foster played a full game?

I tihnk you are being very harsh on Carr, I thought he was one of their better players today with some very nice clearance work and handballs.

He was flashy in parts I suppose but not impressive at all, tries to do too much and his disposal lets him down.

With Carr it's the lack of vision. As I said on at least 3 occasions he took possession and under little pressure took the worst option and gave it to someone under pressure resulting in a turnover. It reminded me (not in a good way of when he was playing from Freo) As I acknowledged he also did some good things. Simply put I would have expected more from someone that has played as much senior footy as Mathew but I'm sure he will be an honest servant for Swans this year.

If you don't think Jetta played a good game then we were watching different games. His tackling was superb, he ran down opponents and won frees. He ran the ball through the lines. In the last quarter when the game was there to be won he ran to position and linked up with the ball coming out of defence. In the last few minutes he weaved in and out of traffic had a bounce and nearly drilled a goal from the boundary, but for the wind it would have been the sealer. In short he took the game on. Yes he's young and overreached himself at times but gee I would be excited if I was his coach. Don't really understand how you can criticize a kid playing like that but hey we all have different opinions and take different things away from the game.

Don't know. Going by those numbers, you'd hope it was just a half. I took these figures from the WAFL site. Sorry, should have cited it before...

It does look like numbers you would expect for half a game, but even if it was a full game, it is good to see him back playing footy. :thumbsu:

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but Gilmore and Thornton were both very bad for Souths.

Gilmore was nearly passable but god he chops up the footy, his workrate was good and he did a few good things defensively.

Thornton was so bad Souths supporters were calling for him to be dropped to the ressies. I dont think I've ever seen a bloke on an AFL list play with so little intensity, turn it over as much as he did, or squib as many contests as he did today.

He is ****ing diabolical.

Anyway, Campbell looked good up forward for the Falcons and Jeffrey was at his entertaining best, got in a biff on the boundary line whic was hilarious.

Think Campbell kicked 3.

Great game though worth the drive to Broome :thumbsu:

Thanks for those stats IP - really good info for us outside of WA.

Be interesting to see how Pearce pullsup after that game - if he can get through training during the week then you'd hope he's over the "hot spot" (or whatever it was) in his foot...

Ruffles played a decent one. I was impressed by his foot skills, has pinpoint accuracy. A little on the skinny side at the moment, but very athletic.

With Carr it's the lack of vision. As I said on at least 3 occasions he took possession and under little pressure took the worst option and gave it to someone under pressure resulting in a turnover. It reminded me (not in a good way of when he was playing from Freo) As I acknowledged he also did some good things. Simply put I would have expected more from someone that has played as much senior footy as Mathew but I'm sure he will be an honest servant for Swans this year.

If you don't think Jetta played a good game then we were watching different games. His tackling was superb, he ran down opponents and won frees. He ran the ball through the lines. In the last quarter when the game was there to be won he ran to position and linked up with the ball coming out of defence. In the last few minutes he weaved in and out of traffic had a bounce and nearly drilled a goal from the boundary, but for the wind it would have been the sealer. In short he took the game on. Yes he's young and overreached himself at times but gee I would be excited if I was his coach. Don't really understand how you can criticize a kid playing like that but hey we all have different opinions and take different things away from the game.

Thank god someone who sees the footy a little like I see it. Carr's vision is diabolical, the WAFL page had him listed in our best whilst I was calling for east freo to give us our $10k back and put him on the sidelines again.

Sorry, rant over!

Luke Pratt was not noticeable but I thought he was at the least seviceable. One of the better games he's played at league level, but I suspect Clancee will come in for him next week. They've just got to persevere with young luke and get him back to his mopping up, distributing best.:thumbsu:

Wut?
I watched from qtr time.
Carr got about 25 handballs and 3/4 of them were to a player under the pump.

Awful...thanking my lucky stars he's gone

Thank god someone who sees the footy a little like I see it. Carr's vision is diabolical, the WAFL page had him listed in our best whilst I was calling for east freo to give us our $10k back and put him on the sidelines again.

Sorry, rant over!

Luke Pratt was not noticeable but I thought he was at the least seviceable. One of the better games he's played at league level, but I suspect Clancee will come in for him next week. They've just got to persevere with young luke and get him back to his mopping up, distributing best.:thumbsu:

Thought Luke was ok, but body on body got smashed by Chick...got a nice kick though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just having a look at the stats on the wafl website and was quite pleased to see the following

M De Boer 14 kicks, 10 h/balls, 5 marks, 3 i50's, 2 behinds and 2 tackles

Played in the South Fremantle Reserves as Claremont has a bye

Just having a look at the stats on the wafl website and was quite pleased to see the following

M De Boer 14 kicks, 10 h/balls, 5 marks, 3 i50's, 2 behinds and 2 tackles

Played in the South Fremantle Reserves as Claremont has a bye
Good detective work. Like many I like the cut of De Boer's jib ....

Thornton was so bad Souths supporters were calling for him to be dropped to the ressies. I dont think I've ever seen a bloke on an AFL list play with so little intensity, turn it over as much as he did, or squib as many contests as he did today.

He is ****ing diabolical.

His reward for his performance.... call up to the top level.

His reward for his performance.... call up to the top level.
This is EXACTLY what happened last year, was it not Bel?

Thornton publicly bagged and looking very likely to be dropped to Souths reserves, miraculously getting called up to Freo. :rolleyes:

Seriously. **** me. Almost enough to make me forget about the year.

Any other sport I can follow about now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back