WAFL performances part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. They have a binding legal document signed in blood.

The club has enlisted a witchdoctor to ward off evil spirits to keep injuries at bay. Little Thommo has also been advised to play well but inconspicuously so that no other club would notice him.

Hinkley had a huge game for Swans today.

15 kicks, 8 handballs, 6 marks, 6 I50s, 4FF, 2 goals.

Reckon they might look at him for next week after that effort.

Also for Swans:
Pearce: 8 kicks, 8 handballs, 6 marks
Pratt: 13 kicks, 3 handballs, 5 marks
Walters: 8 kicks, 3 handballs, 4 marks, 4 I50s, 1 goal

I'm not being cute here, but 1 went to his team mate, the rest were a complete and utter waste, a la M Carr pulling on the boots for us again.

Of those 4, Lukey Pratt (what did I tell you?) looked the best, rarely wasted possession and was hard at the contest. His best game so far. Clancee is still to find his feet after the injury, as he was very good last year and Michael will be left in the WAFL (yes, I'd play Hinkley ahead of him, only because he has a mature body) all year if they know what's good for him.

Yep. He can definitely play against men.

And on that reading of the play... I noticed... and you don't usually notice these things unless you are there, but he couldn't make a contest, so he looked at the pack, where his team mates were and rather than throwing himself in uselessly or getting lost, placed himself where he thought he should or needed to be. :thumbsu:

Stark contrast to someone like Natanui who has a brain meltdown in those situations.

If this is the case, why then is still not getting a run for Freo?
Thats it Im going to speak to Mr Harvey this afternoon!

If this is the case, why then is still not getting a run for Freo?
Thats it Im going to speak to Mr Harvey this afternoon!

Because the 'ruckmen' in the WAFL make Jason Laycock look like Polly Farmer.

And probably because they don't want to see a talented kid get crunched beyond repair in his first game.

Ten marks for Drum. :thumbsu:

The consensus is that Broughton should be in before either Head or Thornton, but surely Hinkley should also be ahead of Browne? They both have suspect disposal but Hinkley gets more of the ball and is 6 or 7 years younger so has much more upside. He is a more natural forward/half forward too, Browne shits his pants inside 50.

Have you seen Hinks this year IP, his guns are looking good too. :D

I don't understand why when you have two players who can't kick, you would prefer the one who gets the ball more often? Won't that just result in more turnovers?

Having said that, I agree that Hinkley should be getting a game ahead of Browne, but only because there is no one worse than Browne on any AFL list.

Just watching a tape of the Claremont game Big Zac is the bomb. ABC w*nkers listed him as from West Coast. Last week they mixed up the rookie/player status of Walters & Broughton. Judge asked about Hill on radio, hasn't even seen him play this year. These guys get paid to watch footie and half of us watch more than they do. Tossers!
Anyway Zac is the biz. If we get pumped today bring in Zac, Pearce (upgrade for Bucovaz LTI) DeBoer, Walters, Campbell. Bring em all in!

I'm not being cute here, but 1 went to his team mate, the rest were a complete and utter waste, a la M Carr pulling on the boots for us again.

Of those 4, Lukey Pratt (what did I tell you?) looked the best, rarely wasted possession and was hard at the contest. His best game so far. Clancee is still to find his feet after the injury, as he was very good last year and Michael will be left in the WAFL (yes, I'd play Hinkley ahead of him, only because he has a mature body) all year if they know what's good for him.

C'mon swannies - 2 went through the big sticks - so there's at last 3 kicks out of 15 that were good ones... :eek:

I've been on the Pratty-wagon since January. Good little player that one. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching a tape of the Claremont game Big Zac is the bomb. ABC w*nkers listed him as from West Coast....

aaahhh I missed that... that would explain why they were talking him up all game. If they had've realised he was a Freo player they would have been banging on about his weaknesses, not talking him up as "mobile", "agile" and "giving great use of the ball to his midfielders"....

;)

Not sure i trust a person who lists the Eagles and Swans as their teams then says the above.

hinkley has not got a luke hodge boot, but anyone who suggests that his kicking is horrible really doesnt know what they are talking about... i have seen him play in the wafl atleast 5 timee, and i have seen him play in the afl 3 times.... his kicking is not elite, but it is far better than what a lot of people on this board give him credit for. that game against collingwood last year he was awesome with his skills..... stop looking for faults and start looking at the positives, calling him the next andrew browne or the next matty carr does nothing except make you look like a w***er:thumbsdown:

hinkley has not got a luke hodge boot, but anyone who suggests that his kicking is horrible really doesnt know what they are talking about... i have seen him play in the wafl atleast 5 timee, and i have seen him play in the afl 3 times.... his kicking is not elite, but it is far better than what a lot of people on this board give him credit for. that game against collingwood last year he was awesome with his skills..... stop looking for faults and start looking at the positives, calling him the next andrew browne or the next matty carr does nothing except make you look like a w***er:thumbsdown:

You'd do well to listen to Swannies

C'mon swannies - 2 went through the big sticks - so there's at last 3 kicks out of 15 that were good ones... :eek:

I've been on the Pratty-wagon since January. Good little player that one. :thumbsu:

Valid point IP and one well taken, thank you. :thumbsu:

KPR, you are also right, his positives are that he is quick, attacks the ball and tries from start to finish. The finishing skills do need polish and decision making under pressure needs a touch up. But that is something I think both WA and all young teams need. Fix the field kicking and he is a gem. Meanwhile you have another gem in Pratt I reckon, and hopefully he is starting to find his feet. Oh and I wasn't saying he is the next M Carr, I hope, just venting my spleen in the same post.

Brilliant stuff TBU, Zach looks to be a pretty good prospect ;)

I can't seem to get DeBoer's video to work though :confused:

edit - nm got DeBoer's one working too.

You can really see his basketball background when you watch him play, has a hell of a leap and good ball skills.

Taped the Claremont v Easts game as well

Clarke already looks very impressive as mentioned by others... awesome leap, and pretty darn good skills for a big bloke who hasnt been playing the game that long :thumbsu:

De Boer was OK without setting the field alight, still prefer him over the usual suspects named in countless other threads

Damn i wish we got Swift :( Goes hard all day, great skills...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back