St Kilda Rnd 3- What we have to do and players to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting results in our head to head on season perfomances so far.
Granted they are against different opponants but it goes to show you how well we are doing.:thumbsu:

Head to Head
St.K-Avg Per Game-W/C/E
211.0 Kicks 192.0
152.5 Handballs 163.5
363.5 Disposals 355.5
103.0 Marks 84.0
13.5 Goals 16.0
9.5 Behinds 9.5
23.0 Scoring Shots 25.5
81.0 Tackles 39.5
39.0 Hitouts 32.0
27.0 Frees For 20.5
13.5 Frees Against 20.5
1.38 Kick to Handball Ratio 1.17
58.7% Conversion 62.7%
26.93 Disposals Per Goal 22.22
15.80 Disposals Per Scoring Shot 13.94
Reading Mondays west australian Eagles had equal 2nd contested marks which is also a very good sign.From memory Sydney had the most contested marks.

Stop Goddard. Selwood or Tyson

Kosi will need tight checking. Glass

Fisher needs to be made accountable. McKinley/Lynch

Dal Santo will hurt if left to his own devices. Kerr head to head.

Play with freedom and take some risks and we will push the Saints.

However we are a young side and we could get blown out after such a decent performance on Sunday.

Goddard is definitely a key. Stinger should go to him and stitch him up like he did to Drummond.

Nicoski needs to shut down Milne.

Who should MacKenzie play on? Would love to see him take on Riewoldt or Kosi, has been very impressive in the last two games. I don't think Glass could run with Riewoldt. Either Brown and EMac.

Fisher doesn't play accountable. The only way we can make him accountable is to make sure his opponent is damaging them. Whether that's McKinley, Lynch or Hansen they better be kicking goals and getting amongst it to put the heat onto the Fish.

Then there's Hayes, Dal Santo and Montagna. Pretty confident that we can go head to head and I think we should back Priddis, Kerr, Masten and Selwood to win the midfield battle.

Goddard is definitely a key. Stinger should go to him and stitch him up like he did to Drummond.

Nicoski needs to shut down Milne.

Who should MacKenzie play on? Would love to see him take on Riewoldt or Kosi, has been very impressive in the last two games. I don't think Glass could run with Riewoldt. Either Brown and EMac.

Fisher doesn't play accountable. The only way we can make him accountable is to make sure his opponent is damaging them. Whether that's McKinley, Lynch or Hansen they better be kicking goals and getting amongst it to put the heat onto the Fish.

Then there's Hayes, Dal Santo and Montagna. Pretty confident that we can go head to head and I think we should back Priddis, Kerr, Masten and Selwood to win the midfield battle.

I know people will bag me for this but I'd add Fletcher to that list too. I'm liking his effort so far this season. Could be more damaging with his disposal as we all know but could end up being an important ingredient!

Some interesting stats for us:

Contested Possessions:
1. Cox - 24
2. Kerr - 23

Uncontested possessions:
1. Fletcher - 43

Clangers:
1. Fletcher - 13
2. Kerr - 9
3. The big Q - 9

Contested marks:
1. Cox - 4
2. Hansen - 4 :eek::eek:

Marks I50:
1. LeCras - 8
2. Hansen - 6 :eek:

Centre clearances:
1. Priddis - 19 (top in the AFL)

Rebound 50s: :thumbsu:
1. Hurn - 10
2. Nicoski - 9

1% :
1. Glass - 18(top in AFL)
2. E-Mac - 17

Goal assists:
1. Rosa - 4
2. Cox - 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Brendon Goddard getting excited during St Kilda's 17-point triumph at Subiaco last season."

that is just awesome on so many levels hahahah.

We know Reiwolt likes to run and run, problem is who runs with him? He's so good overhead as well.

I don't think Brown or E-Mac have the tanks to go with... or am i wrong?
Who played on him last game guys? I cant remember

Nice work on the pic with Lynch and Goddard!

Back OT, Ross Lyon's Sydney days are finally starting to show in the Saints. I reckon they've got a bit more mongrel about them this year, as their tackling has shown. Particularly in the forward 50. Their forwards are working much harder than they have in the past. I think our defenders are going to have a much tougher time of it than they have in the last two game and will be under enormous pressure bringing the ball out. Particularly on the smaller Etihad Stadium with its narrower pockets. Will we resort to old habits of handball happy sideways/backways movement with turnovers costing us dearly?

Obviously the midfield will be the key in putting pressure on the ball coming into our defensive 50 and also providing that link out of defense. In that sense I see Lynch/Hansen being really important in this game. Playing further up the ground when we are rebounding giving the backs/mids a target around the middle of the ground/HF, they're going to have to take some contested marks!

In terms of rebound, I hope we stick through the guts and not stymie our quick ball movement by getting sucked into playing the wings. Hurns, Nickoski and Lynch (again) could be vital in rebounding the ball out of our backline by taking the longer options and getting it over the midfield zone.

I don't think our mids as a group will be able to keep up with the Saints if it becomes a war of attrition around contest after contest. We just don't have the midfield endurance as a group. So while we may try to keep the ball moving I think the Saints are likely to try and grind us down much like Sydney does, and then when tiring towards the end of quarters, they've got the runners and line breakers to make the most of it.

I think I just talked myself out of tipping the boys this week... sheesh!

Nice work on the pic with Lynch and Goddard!

Back OT, Ross Lyon's Sydney days are finally starting to show in the Saints. I reckon they've got a bit more mongrel about them this year, as their tackling has shown. Particularly in the forward 50. Their forwards are working much harder than they have in the past. I think our defenders are going to have a much tougher time of it than they have in the last two game and will be under enormous pressure bringing the ball out. Particularly on the smaller Etihad Stadium with its narrower pockets. Will we resort to old habits of handball happy sideways/backways movement with turnovers costing us dearly?

Obviously the midfield will be the key in putting pressure on the ball coming into our defensive 50 and also providing that link out of defense. In that sense I see Lynch/Hansen being really important in this game. Playing further up the ground when we are rebounding giving the backs/mids a target around the middle of the ground/HF, they're going to have to take some contested marks!

In terms of rebound, I hope we stick through the guts and not stymie our quick ball movement by getting sucked into playing the wings. Hurns, Nickoski and Lynch (again) could be vital in rebounding the ball out of our backline by taking the longer options and getting it over the midfield zone.

I don't think our mids as a group will be able to keep up with the Saints if it becomes a war of attrition around contest after contest. We just don't have the midfield endurance as a group. So while we may try to keep the ball moving I think the Saints are likely to try and grind us down much like Sydney does, and then when tiring towards the end of quarters, they've got the runners and line breakers to make the most of it.

I think I just talked myself out of tipping the boys this week... sheesh!

I agree with all those points. I believe we need to add to our midfield rotations. I'm tipping the Saints, but if we go over there and stick to out gameplan and have enough run in our legs to play out 4 quarters, who knows what may happen.

We know Reiwolt likes to run and run, problem is who runs with him? He's so good overhead as well.

I don't think Brown or E-Mac have the tanks to go with... or am i wrong?
Who played on him last game guys? I cant remember

Spangher who got trounced, Rei kicked 2 points from easy shots which made Spangher look a little better but then he started converting and we put McKenzie on him at the end of the second or start of the third (cant remember) and McKenzie did a good job on him after that. That game we didnt have glass either, It was Spangher, McKenzie and Wilkes that formed the backline nucleuos.

What are the chances Kennedy will get a game? no info over here about where he is at apart from BOG in the WAFL a couple of weeks ago.

What are the chances Kennedy will get a game? no info over here about where he is at apart from BOG in the WAFL a couple of weeks ago.
Not a big chance.

Hansen has been serviceable thus far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back