Cyril Rioli = Ablett Jnr

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cyril is a larger petrol tank away from being every bit as good as Ablett Jnr. I wrote a similar type thing about Franklin before he emerged and you all laughed, but I am convinced Rioli could become the best player in the competition within a year or so.

He is incredible.

What a player.

I agree with the OP, this guy is only in his second year he is miles infront of where ablett was at the same stage of his career.

He's bloody brilliant.

Not Bay 13 material at all.

He's different to Ablett. Ablett is brilliant with strength and agility whereas Rioli relies more on agility. He's as slippery as an eel. Rarely wastes a disposal.

Bloody good tackle too.

That turn he did in the last quarter to get around a couple of defenders, accelerate away and kick a goal from 50metres out was Judd at his best.

His general evasive skills in the midfield were marvellous to watch too. He has all the time of Pendlebury and Gibbs with the evasion of Alwyn Davey and the class of Luke Hodge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a freak when he moves, Definatly is on the same level with Ablett in terms of Ability, Let's see if he becomes as good. Im more excited about the bloke then i was with Franklin

We have a problem with where we play him, keep him up forward where his lack of endurance isnt really a problem, or have him tearing it up in the midfield for a 10-15 minutes per game.

He could be a bit greedier, he could of just blazed away and probably slotted another goal or two, but i think he's soo stuffed at that point he doesnt think he could kick them after a run

Give him untill next season, another hard pre-season and i think he will be AA midfield material

Fair enough DA, but I would hope by now most people would know I don't just sprout stuff up. This kid is about 12 months off being another Ablett Jnr.

Like I said, he's fantastic, but your thread seems very premature and not many people will take it seriously. If he ends up equal to Ablett or better, I wont mind admitting I didn't expect it.

Whilst I get sick of every indiginous player that comes along being referred to as this I honestly believe with a bit more bodyweight he's the new generation Andrew Mcleod.

His skills in the wet tonight were on a whole nother' stratosphere. Will be an elite midfielder for the next few years.

Whilst I get sick of every indiginous player that comes along being referred to as this I honestly believe with a bit more bodyweight he's the new generation Andrew Mcleod.

His skills in the wet tonight were on a whole nother' stratosphere. Will be an elite midfielder for the next few years.

The good things about these threads other than talking about amazing upcoming superstars is how you get to see the people who know about footy.

The good things about these threads other than talking about amazing upcoming superstars is how you get to see the people who know about footy.

How do you decide if someone know's about footy, based on a predicition that hasn't come to fruition yet?

If I say I think he'll be very good, do I know about footy? If I say he'll be an elite player in 2 years, do I know about footy? Do I have to say he'll be as good as Ablett to qualify?

Not having a go at all, just questioning your logic.

I agree with Original Poster was thinking this a couple of rounds ago. He's gone miles past Palmer! but more than a year, more like 3-4

Again thank you.

All AFL lovers should be able to celebrate players like this. I wrote a thread raving about Selwood a couple of weeks ago that was copied by the Herald Sun. Posters who are just jealous and bitter should be the ones carded and bant of the main board.

Cheers :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

How do you decide if someone know's about footy, based on a predicition that hasn't come to fruition yet?

If I say I think he'll be very good, do I know about footy? If I say he'll be an elite player in 2 years, do I know about footy? Do I have to say he'll be as good as Ablett to qualify?

Not having a go at all, just questioning your logic.

I am just saying that whenever I do something bold this like I end up ridiculed by most.

Problem is that almost always I end up bumping the thread and all the heroes go silent.

Just like my early Franklin threads when he was a nobody. And the Hawks beating the Cats in the Grand Final at the start of last year. And Wallace failing 3 years ago. And Essendon finishing above Richmond at the start of this year AND AND AND.

He's bloody brilliant.

Not Bay 13 material at all.

He's different to Ablett. Ablett is brilliant with strength and agility whereas Rioli relies more on agility. He's as slippery as an eel. Rarely wastes a disposal.

Bloody good tackle too.

Yeah his 17 disposals at 59% effeciency shows he BARELY WASTS A POSESSION ................ :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You hawk flogs are unbelievable, its the same crap EVERY WEEK !!!!!!!!!

The kid is a gun and has done incredibly well at such an early stage. I don't really see a problem with someone comparing him to an elite player if they genuinely believe it. There is also a big scope of improvement... consistency will be a key issue here. That said, I don't think he'll reach Ablett status but he certainly has the potential to be in the top echelon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back