Wfl 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just trying to get the low down on a couple of players that could be running around in the north central this year. what can anyone tell me about sean davis and fabian oshannessy? anything will be good.

just trying to get the low down on a couple of players that could be running around in the north central this year. what can anyone tell me about sean davis and fabian oshannessy? anything will be good.

Harry Denson brother in law to Gavin Kelm has signed with the Saints after a stint in the SANFL.
Matty Combe apparently has an achillies injury that with keep him sidelined for the first few rounds.
Horshams Jordan Burke still being troubled by bruised heels and is doubtful for the Demons first game vs Stawell this weekend. Muddy Anson a bit tight in the hammies also. Both receiving treatment in Donald,

For me . . .

Horsham over stawell
Nhill Will beat Ararat
Warrack against Dim
Minyip murtoa should easily beat united

Anyone for a punt?

Premiers: Burras
Big Improver: Nhill
Toohey Medal: Chris Walsh
Rising Star: Brayden Ison

Anyone for a punt?

Premiers: Burras
Big Improver: Nhill
Toohey Medal: Chris Walsh
Rising Star: Brayden Ison

Burras premiers yet Nhill the Big Improver!!!! Something odd about that prediction.

If Burras can win the flag I would say they have been the big improver.

Does anyone have a link for those of us not living in the Wimmera, that will access the selected teams for each round?

The BIG PIE EATER Johns is playing Full Forward in the magoos tomorrow. First run for the year last night.
Has trained twice and played in both practice matches but underdone, the big fella is happy to play twos as his brother plays his 150 game sat in the two`s, word has it there could be two more johns boys coming home to play sat. for demons in the magoos to celebrate the occasion. The issue with the big boy and the coach has gone and the evil empire will be stronger than last year especially depth wise. Must say the empire are here to stay so we might aswell get used to it if haven`t already after 6 in a row, 7 boys in rebels squad must be a record for one club plus 2-3 in u16 squad. Junior program is going aswell as any in country vic. u would say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see young ex team mate Brayden Ison made a mark in his first senior game. I must say kicking 8 goals on debut is not a bad effort. Should be rebels material next year we would think

The Nhill Vs Dimboola game should be an absolute ripper of a match on Sunday with Nhill desperate for a win & Dimboola keen to get another win under there belt. I feel Nhill have the better attack at the moment with Hargraeves in fine form but conceding 24 goals last week against United must be a worry & having watched Dimboola play last week their defence is very strong and if there forward line starts to click they should be a strong chance to win. Both sides have strong midfields but having not seen Nhill play this year i am unsure who has been playing there for them. Dimboola's midfield rely's on there hardness with Al Mckinnon & Clancy Bennett very strong in a contest getting it out to the runners in the side. If Dimboola's forward line can start converting chances i think with there run off half back they might just get over the line in a great contest. :) Cheers

The Nhill Vs Dimboola game should be an absolute ripper of a match on Sunday with Nhill desperate for a win & Dimboola keen to get another win under there belt. I feel Nhill have the better attack at the moment with Hargraeves in fine form but conceding 24 goals last week against United must be a worry & having watched Dimboola play last week their defence is very strong and if there forward line starts to click they should be a strong chance to win. Both sides have strong midfields but having not seen Nhill play this year i am unsure who has been playing there for them. Dimboola's midfield rely's on there hardness with Al Mckinnon & Clancy Bennett very strong in a contest getting it out to the runners in the side. If Dimboola's forward line can start converting chances i think with there run off half back they might just get over the line in a great contest. :) Cheers

Gee, Machine i hope your wrong. The locals up the highway will burn the town down if the Tiggers lose the first 3 after all the hype and $$$$$ spent over the preseason.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Looking forward to the ANZAC Day clash - Diggers v Saints. Should be a ripper after the early form shown by the poor cousins of City Oval. The Saints have an excellent brigade of onballers and runners which should suit the forecasted wet conditions - Saints by 6 goals.

Nasty day at the footy coming up! 50km wind, thunderstorms and hail forecasted:eek:. Wouldn't miss it for the world, but might just pack an extra jumper.

Nasty day at the footy coming up! 50km wind, thunderstorms and hail forecasted:eek:. Wouldn't miss it for the world, but might just pack an extra jumper.
It looks fairly calm here but things may change very quickly... But how could you wanna miss it could be a long time until we play footy in rain again

Great win by the Saints, With that sort of class they may just push Horsham.

It did look like boys againist men in the wet conditions. The Saints jumped out of the blocks kicking 5 goals in the pouring rain in the 1st quarter to set up the strong win. I think they confused the two Kelms when the Anzac medal was announced. Heath Kelm won after Gavin kicked 8 (i think). Diggers recruit Nigel Snibson broke his arm and was having surgery last night.

Scores - Saints 13.15 - 93 def United 3.7 - 25

Now an excellent game next Sunday at City Oval - Saints v the big spenders Nhill awaits.

For all those interested, when and had a look @ the Bendigo Bombers vs Collingwood match today. Lachy Delahunty started slowly in the opening half, just finding his feet but had a rippin second half winning plenty of the ball. He was rotated around the Full Forward/Forward Flank positions but unfortunately had around four shots on goal in the last half but couldnt capitialise. A pretty impressive debut from the young bloke

For all those interested, when and had a look @ the Bendigo Bombers vs Collingwood match today. Lachy Delahunty started slowly in the opening half, just finding his feet but had a rippin second half winning plenty of the ball. He was rotated around the Full Forward/Forward Flank positions but unfortunately had around four shots on goal in the last half but couldnt capitialise. A pretty impressive debut from the young bloke

Looks like he made the right move leaving the wimmera to have a shot at the big time. Apparently there is a chance he may be back at minyip-murtoa this weekend as bendigo have a bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back