West Gippy Latrobe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a little bored to be honest, West Gippy just does not do it for him anymore.

Supurb stuff from number 16 for Maffra today in the thirds. He managed to rack up 48 touches, 1 goal and 2 effective kicks. The kid has just got to realise that he won't make AFL playing in the backline

shoulda made some controversial calls doubt it woulda changed a 150 point margin :p
come on dyzla give him some credit he kicked 3 goals!
i heard he was doing the team thing and managing his injury so he can get back to TAC cup A.S.A.P.

these are all rumours though i wouldnt know him from a bar of soap ;)

Scott McLaren??

Congratulations Echuca Boy, you just overtook Dylza as the most random poster in Gippsland Football Threads. No one thought it would ever occur, but, Dylza has finally moved off the top rung of the "people who post wierd things which aren't funny and make no real sense" leaderboard.

there must be something wrong at sale if they can lose to garfield and only win the reserves game by 2 points. so what were there excuses????

There depth is getting found out.

9 players from there senior side were missing from that game due to injuries with Fowler and Love also getting injured during the game to leave them with 1 on the bench.

I actually work with their coach and judging by the way he was walking last week he has something wrong with him as well.

I would'nt write them off yet though.

You will find that mostly young midfielders are drafted to clubs in the AFL/VFL then they mould them into whatever they want them to play... Just if you didn't know...

so your basically telling me that a super talented young defender able to shut down opposition whilst also creating play and being able to counter attack has no chance of being drafted because afl teams would prefer to draft a mid and spend possibly yrs teaching them to defend?

so your basically telling me that a super talented young defender able to shut down opposition whilst also creating play and being able to counter attack has no chance of being drafted because afl teams would prefer to draft a mid and spend possibly yrs teaching them to defend?

Most kids in their early days of U/14s, U/16s and even U/18s that have that raw talent and potential always seem to play in the midfield unless they are a natural key position player.

Bourky could help me with this, but Can he give me a player that has played Full Back, Centre Half Back or even CHF for all his junior days and has gone into the AFL to become a Full Back or a CHB?

Yes I know their can't be 22 midfielders in footy, but can you give me one player on the power list that could not walk into the midfield in our regional comps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bourky could help me with this, but Can he give me a player that has played Full Back, Centre Half Back or even CHF for all his junior days and has gone into the AFL to become a Full Back or a CHB?

about 95% of players drafted for that purpose mate. Riewoldt is a prime example, sure he has/had the tank to play midfield in the juniors but he didn't. I kind of understand what you're saying about midfielders being the majority of players drafted, but thats because small to medium size players probably make up around 14 players selected in any sides 22 each week. weight of numbers mate. there are of course a few examples of midfielders being moulded into KPP but as i said about 90 to 95% of players end up playing where they did when they were drafted. the only positions which seem to be made up of players who played midfield at a junior level are small backman (but even then most of them have had defensive experience throughout the TAC Cup)

Yes I know their can't be 22 midfielders in footy, but can you give me one player on the power list that could not walk into the midfield in our regional comps?

just because certain players have the engine/skills to play in the midfield doesn't mean they would. Butcher, Dessent, Davis, Vardy, Weston are a few blokes off the power list (most who i assume you are familiar with) who would not play midfield in the respective regional comps. not saying they aren't capable of it but i seriously doubt they'd be used/wasted there when they could do loads more damage at either end of the ground.

I heard there was a massive hanger taken at garfield on the weekend, anyone see it?

I saw in the paper big rodney love took it, must have got his injury from that. Looks like that must have been the turning point for sale losing such a dominate player from the midfield during the game.

Congratulations Echuca Boy, you just overtook Dylza as the most random poster in Gippsland Football Threads. No one thought it would ever occur, but, Dylza has finally moved off the top rung of the "people who post wierd things which aren't funny and make no real sense" leaderboard.

Go Sale.......................................

He took a huge hanga but that was not the reason why he got injured!! He'll be right, tough as nuts. Sale should have a full strength side in the next few weeks and should hit there straps half way through the year. WGLFL is looking to be a very even year and is great for country footy.

He took a huge hanga but that was not the reason why he got injured!! He'll be right, tough as nuts. Sale should have a full strength side in the next few weeks and should hit there straps half way through the year. WGLFL is looking to be a very even year and is great for country footy.

Do u think with a full strength side they will be able to fulfil the shoes left from the players that left last year? or maybe even play better footy?

I reckon Sale have 8 premiership players to come back in... Plus 2 that i can think of that are new recruits to this year... You would think as they all come back they should start playing better footy...

Sale may have 8 to come back in, but I think you might have to watch Morwell, they gave Garfield a thrashing today.:)
As much as it pains me excruciatingly to say it ,i honestly can't see anyone good enough to challenge a FULL STRENGTH (i.e with both Burgiels playing fit) Maffra this year. Even with Maggies having all their injured players fit ,they're probably not as strong as last year yet they still beat Morwell at home in Rd 1 .I think that Leongatha look like the only other possible hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back