Flowers And Chocolate - meaning in relationships

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say it's just a 'thinking of you/appreciate you' type gift. Unless you're broke, then it's probably an anniversary gift.

To those saying that it means, "I know, you're right, I ****ed up"...

I think for a lot of you guys, what you mean deep inside is, "Please stop the nagging, even temporarily, so I can regain my sanity".

Yeah, it's just to shut them up.

It's not so much that you get them a gift to say sorry because you feel as if you owe an apology, it's just that you know that she is accusing you of having done something wrong (generally you haven't) and you know the only way to silence it is by offering it a gift.

The reality is you just want to tell her to tuck her string in, but this isn't recommended.

Women need and expect material goods as a sign that you appreciate them, men don't (e.g. steak and a beej is suffice).

i've never received either so no idea what they would mean.

maybe it's cos he knows i'd chuck the flowers in the bin, and he'd probably eat the choclates before he could get them to me.

i dont get chocolates, but when i get the missus flowers it means "apologies in advance cos tonight im going out without you to the footy/pub/bucks night/etc, and will most likely come home about 4am, rolling drunk and attempt to throw a leg over, then falling asleep before i can even get my shoes off."

Just curious over this one.

When you are in relationship, what does the giving of flowers and/or chocolate signify as a gift in that relationship.

I'd say we give chocolate because women love chocolates. And flowers just due to tradition. Many years ago getting a bunch of flowers would've been a decent gift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back