Liam Jurrah Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't usually come on other club's boards but this guy has freakish potential.

borat-high-five.jpg

Didn't think the Demons were that bad...

Liam Jurrah was fantastic. Loved watching his second quarter. Great goal as well. Clean hands, good leap. Nice kicking style and has a good football brain.

The complete package.

Just needs some more game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brought a big smile to my face watching him have a fair dinkum crack at a big mark in game 1 ... first time in years ive lept out of the seat when he slotted his first goal in such fashion ...

ONYA MATE!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

We had a great night watching the game at Yuendumu tonight. Too cold to be outside so everyone watched with their families at home. Mt Theo Program put the game up on the big screen for all the kids as well.

If you want to see Liam in action from a few years ago, check out:

http://www.aboriginalrules.com

>> he's the one marking on the cover of the DVD.

:thumbsu:

What a night for LJ.... watched him play with family in Yuendumu. We are all sooooo proud and excited, I dropped my phone in the toilet! Can he leap! What a great first goal! And it was great to see his family watching in the crowds as well, Japaljarri, Napanangka, Nakamarra etc. WOW!

On that aboriginalrules.com site if you go to photos there is a blackboard for the 2007 grand final which has the team written up. You can see "Liam J" at FF.

What an amazing debut. We didn't see him show off his pace with ball in hand but his first attack at the footy was darn quick.

When going for the mark in the last quarter it was Michael Jordan-esque.

Great debut by Jurrah. He was really exciting, and I'll bet he did many, many people proud tonight. His first goal was pretty special too!
Best of luck to him for the future. All us Melbourne supporters are going to be behind him for many years to come :D

If you go to:

http://www.warlpiri.com.au/musicians.htm

Click on profiles, then musicians, then scroll down

You'll see a photo and bio we put together on Liam when he was 14 and played with the Rising Wind band. He was a great drummer, but turns out a better footballer!

:cool:

This is the text from that page:

Liam is a young man with amazing talent. He played drums on the soundtrack to episodes 2-5 of Bush Mechanics. He was only 12 when he worked on these recordings. He is 14 now. and plays in the Rising Wind Band.
Liam is also a great footballer and plays in the Alice Springs town competition as well as playing on regional representative teams.

So proud and happy for him, having seen him in our VFL side last season.

Credit, also, the likes of Rupe Betheras, and those who've played a huge role in this development. They deserve to feel so proud.

Huge fan of him and the way he approaches his footy. Just reminded me of a gazelle out there at times. Would have won a lot of neutral fans over tonight I think!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back