What are Australia's most chilling crimes?

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are includeing war crimes
Invadeing Iraq or Vietnam War would be right up there for the amount of deaths.

But no ones going to lock up a former Prime Minister for murder or even consider state sponsored killing as murder or as a chilling crime.

Sad that

Radovan Karadcik and Charles Taylor may disagree.

Near the town in Tassie where I grew up the body of an young Italian tourist was found rolling around in the surf one spring morning, with about 50 stab wounds in her upper body and head. This was 1995 and the killer is still at large. There was a German backpacker who went missing from the same area not long before and no trace has ever been found of her. It is chilling when that sort of thing goes down in pretty much your backyard.

victoria cafasso (italian tourist) and nancy grunwalt(spelling?) german tourist.

I understand that the police think cafasso's murderer was a local who's alibi is a watertight "he was here with me" put up by... his mum.

The Myall Creek Massacre and the other dozens of times groups of heavily armed men set out into the bush with the aim of murdering in cold blood large groups of effectively defenceless men, women and children.

Wikipedia
Seven of the 12 settlers alleged to be involved in the killings were subsequently found guilty of murder and hanged.

So much for claims the early settlers were complacement to such happenings.

In 1966, Keith Ryrie ****ed a five year-old to death. He served his time and has been released into the community.

In the late 1970s, Alex Tsakmakis murdered a runner called Walker, over a dispute about the sale of a vintage car. Walker sold the car to Tsakmakis and was never paid. He made the mistake of harassing Tsakmakis's family. After considerable research of the tides and currents at Point Lonsdale, Tsakmakis ended up having Walker at his mercy at a factory in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. He tied Walker up with chicken wire, weighted down his body and used a block and tackle to lift Walker's body into a boat. He then towed the boat to Point Lonsdale and tipped Walker's body out of the boat. At this stage, Walker was still alive.

It has been alleged Tsakmakis was responsible for at least seven other murders. He was convicted of the murder of Walker. He escaped conviction for the other seven murders because there was no consistent modus operandi in them. He was an opportunistic murderer and an unremmitingly evil man. He once murdered three people whom he'd robbed of diamonds, because they would have been able to identify him, not because they refused to co-operate with his armed robbery.

To fund his defence in the Walker case, he left his girlfriend at a pizza place in South Yarra and went to rob a Hawthorn Tattslotto agancy. Once again, the two elderly proprietors co-operated, but he had them lie on the floor behind the counter, so he could lean over and shoot both of them in the head. Fortunately, they both survived. Tsakmakis went back to South Yarra and resumed his pizza with his girlfriend. This occured on the day before his trial for Walker's murder commenced.

The highlight of his career was definitely his eighth murder, that of Barry Quinn, in 'H' Division in Pentridge. Quinn had been convicted of complicity in a murder arising out of an armed robbery at the Car-O-Tel Motel in St Kilda. Quinn made some comment about Tsakmakis's girlfriend being raped. The next day, Tsakmakis sprayed Quinn with a plastic squeeze bottle filled with accelerant. He then sat back and flicked matches he'd joined together in batches of six (with a rubber band) at Quinn until he set him alight. Quinn died because he inhaled deeply at the shock of catching fire and the flames destroyed his oesophagus. It took him 12 hours to die. It was alleged that Tsakmakis played 'Light My Fire' on the guitar, as Quinn burned. Tsakmakis was convicted of this crime.

Craig 'Slim' Minogue, the Russell St bomber, murdered Tsakmakis in the late 80s, when they were both in Pentridge. Because he wanted to be the 'top dog' and main drug dealer in the gaol, Tsakmakis was threatening to kill Minogue, who was serving a thirty-year sentence. Craig couldn't afford to have somebody trying to kill him for that long. Life would have been impossible. For this reason, he belted Tsakmakis over the head with a pillow case filled with lifting weights, smashing his skull.

Tsakmakis's was a very small funeral. There were no mourners.

****!!!

In 1966, Keith Ryrie ****ed a five year-old to death. He served his time and has been released into the community.

In the late 1970s, Alex Tsakmakis murdered a runner called Walker, over a dispute about the sale of a vintage car. Walker sold the car to Tsakmakis and was never paid. He made the mistake of harassing Tsakmakis's family. After considerable research of the tides and currents at Point Lonsdale, Tsakmakis ended up having Walker at his mercy at a factory in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. He tied Walker up with chicken wire, weighted down his body and used a block and tackle to lift Walker's body into a boat. He then towed the boat to Point Lonsdale and tipped Walker's body out of the boat. At this stage, Walker was still alive.

It has been alleged Tsakmakis was responsible for at least seven other murders. He was convicted of the murder of Walker. He escaped conviction for the other seven murders because there was no consistent modus operandi in them. He was an opportunistic murderer and an unremmitingly evil man. He once murdered three people whom he'd robbed of diamonds, because they would have been able to identify him, not because they refused to co-operate with his armed robbery.

To fund his defence in the Walker case, he left his girlfriend at a pizza place in South Yarra and went to rob a Hawthorn Tattslotto agancy. Once again, the two elderly proprietors co-operated, but he had them lie on the floor behind the counter, so he could lean over and shoot both of them in the head. Fortunately, they both survived. Tsakmakis went back to South Yarra and resumed his pizza with his girlfriend. This occured on the day before his trial for Walker's murder commenced.

The highlight of his career was definitely his eighth murder, that of Barry Quinn, in 'H' Division in Pentridge. Quinn had been convicted of complicity in a murder arising out of an armed robbery at the Car-O-Tel Motel in St Kilda. Quinn made some comment about Tsakmakis's girlfriend being raped. The next day, Tsakmakis sprayed Quinn with a plastic squeeze bottle filled with accelerant. He then sat back and flicked matches he'd joined together in batches of six (with a rubber band) at Quinn until he set him alight. Quinn died because he inhaled deeply at the shock of catching fire and the flames destroyed his oesophagus. It took him 12 hours to die. It was alleged that Tsakmakis played 'Light My Fire' on the guitar, as Quinn burned. Tsakmakis was convicted of this crime.

Craig 'Slim' Minogue, the Russell St bomber, murdered Tsakmakis in the late 80s, when they were both in Pentridge. Because he wanted to be the 'top dog' and main drug dealer in the gaol, Tsakmakis was threatening to kill Minogue, who was serving a thirty-year sentence. Craig couldn't afford to have somebody trying to kill him for that long. Life would have been impossible. For this reason, he belted Tsakmakis over the head with a pillow case filled with lifting weights, smashing his skull.

Tsakmakis's was a very small funeral. There were no mourners.

How was he not killed and how exactly do you serve a sentence for this?
Honestly I'm not a violent person or sadistic in nature but i would take great pleasure in torturing the s**t out of that f**k until he died.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The anita cobby murder was by far the most chilling in australia's history. Complete and utter disregard for another human being. If ever there was a case for the death penalty than these disgraceful excuses for humans are on the top of the tree. On a world scale without a doubt in my mind "The night stalker" Richard Ramirez is as chilling a serial killer as can get. There is nothing more terrifying then a home invasion and when it leads to torture, rape and finally death like this lunatic proceeded to do than for weeks on end, everyone would have been crapping themselves thinking they would be next even after he was caught.

OK this one isn't an Australian case but its pretty F'ed up nonetheless.....Danny Rolling, " The Gainesville Ripper".

Long read but his crimes were tremendously brutal and chilling.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/rolling/gain_1.html

If we're tapping into the American one's we'll be going for the rest of the year.

Ed Kemper
Leonard Lake
Lee Harvey Oswald
Sirhan Sirhan
Henry Lee Lucas and Otis Toole
Dean Corll and Wayne Henley
Richard Ramirez
Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris
Paul Knowles
Joel Rifkin
Albert De Salvo
Charles Wittman
Kenneth Bianchi and Angelo Buono
William Bonin
John Hinckley
Arthur Bremer
Ted Bundy
Randy Kraft
Jeffrey Dahmer
Aileen Wournos
Susan Smith
Christopher Wilder (although he was born in Australia)
David Berkowitz
John Frazier

And that's just off the top of my head.

IMO, if we're going into Americans

Richard-Ramirez-Mad.jpg

This man. :cool:

Even with him locked up, and from another country I'm still paranoid as **** at every little noise I hear outside my house. I make sure doors are always locked, even in summer I never leave a window or door open.

Richard-Ramirez-Mad.jpg

Even with him locked up, and from another country I'm still paranoid as **** at every little noise I hear outside my house. I make sure doors are always locked, even in summer I never leave a window or door open.

You've got to love when killers like this start getting "fans" after what they've done and people write to them in jail. What is wrong with people?

Dante Arthurs.
Here in WA. Grabbed a little 9 year old schoolgirl called Sophia (who went to school with my daughter), dragged her into a disabled toilet at a crowded shopping centre (where he worked) and did beastly, unspeakable things to her and murdered her. Her teenage brother discovered her body shortly afterwards. I was at the shopping centre at the time it happened (with my own children) and I still have nightmares.

Animal lived and worked in our suburb. He apparently had made himself a shopping list of little girls in our suburb. Sick sick sick.

Richard-Ramirez-Mad.jpg

Even with him locked up, and from another country I'm still paranoid as **** at every little noise I hear outside my house. I make sure doors are always locked, even in summer I never leave a window or door open.[/quote]
You obviously agree with me mate, not only is he the most chilling serial killer but if you listen to his interviews and realise how disturbed he is imo this makes his persona as chilling as can get. After watching a doco on him i was very paranoid like you for a little while and am still conscious of locking up at night and keeping windows shut.

Dante Arthurs.
Here in WA. Grabbed a little 9 year old schoolgirl called Sophia (who went to school with my daughter), dragged her into a disabled toilet at a crowded shopping centre (where he worked) and did beastly, unspeakable things to her and murdered her. Her teenage brother discovered her body shortly afterwards. I was at the shopping centre at the time it happened (with my own children) and I still have nightmares.

Animal lived and worked in our suburb. He apparently had made himself a shopping list of little girls in our suburb. Sick sick sick.

I rem that case....that guy deserves to die in prison........No fear though give it another 20 years and the Do-Gooders will be screaming in unison.........He's reformed!! Paid his debt to society........<in sotto voice>..of course on release don't let him live in OUR suburb......

Richard-Ramirez-Mad.jpg

You obviously agree with me mate, not only is he the most chilling serial killer but if you listen to his interviews and realise how disturbed he is imo this makes his persona as chilling as can get. After watching a doco on him i was very paranoid like you for a little while and am still conscious of locking up at night and keeping windows shut.

You guys are honestly scared of this little prick?

Seriously. This idiot raped defenseless women (usually confronting them in their sleep) and shot/hit OLD men (as old as 66)...

WHY the hell would I be scared of him?

Once he faced actual men, he scrambled like a mere child and tried to find protection like all of his old, defenseless victims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ramirez

On August 31, Ramírez arrived in the downtown Greyhound bus station in Los Angeles, after coming back from his brother's home in Tucson, Arizona. As Ramírez was leaving the bus station, he noticed that the area was flooded with cops, but managed to slip away unnoticed, unaware that he was identified as the Night Stalker. As he walked into a corner store, the owners noticed his face from the mugshots, and one of them shouted out "El Matador" ("The Killer"). Ramírez turned to the side, saw the newspaper rack with his face on several front covers, grabbed La Opinión, and ran.

Ramírez ran two miles in 12 minutes, heading east from downtown Los Angeles. Ramírez then tried to steal Faustino Pinon's red Ford Mustang. Ramírez, who was wearing a black Jack-Daniel's t-shirt, had been hopping fences between yards, searching for a car he could steal easily. He had been chased off the property next door to Pinon's home and wound up in Pinon's yard. Ramírez saw that the Ford Mustang parked in the driveway was unlocked and the keys were in the ignition. He jumped in and started the engine, but had not noticed that the car's owner was underneath it, working on the transmission. As soon as Pinon, 46, heard the engine starting, he rolled out from under the car. Angry that someone was touching his prized possession, Pinon reached through the window and grabbed Ramírez around the neck. Ramírez warned Pinon that he had a gun, but Pinon ignored him. Ramírez put the car into gear and tried to drive away, but Pinon would not let go of him. The car crashed into a fence, then into the garage.

Pinon got the door open, pulled Ramírez out, and threw him to the ground. Ramírez scrambled to his feet and ran across the street just as 28-year-old Angelina de la Torres was getting into her Ford Granada. He ran up to her car and stuck his head through the driver's window, demanding that she give him the keys, threatening in Spanish to kill her if she did not. She screamed for help, and her husband Manuel, 32, came running from the backyard. According to Nancy Skelton in the Los Angeles Times, he grabbed a length of metal fence post as he passed through the gate along the side of the house. In the meantime, Jose Burgoin, who had heard the struggle in Faustino Pinon's driveway, had called the police. He ran outside to help Pinon, and when he heard Angelina scream, he called to his sons (Jaime, 21, and Julio, 17) for assistance. As the brothers ran to help Mrs. De la Torres, they saw the stranger scrambling across the front seat of her car. Jaime recognized him from photographs in the newspapers and on television and yelled that this was the killer, and the men made a mad dash to catch him. Ramírez ran, but Manuel de la Torres caught up with him and hit him across the neck with the metal post he was still carrying.

Ramírez kept running, but de la Torres followed, hitting him repeatedly from behind. Jaime Burgoin caught up with Ramírez and punched him. Ramírez stumbled and fell but quickly got up and continued running with de la Torres and the Burgoin brothers on his heels. Finally, de la Torres swung hard and hit Ramírez on the head. The Night Stalker collapsed to the ground. Jaime and Jose Burgoin closed in on him to keep him down until the police arrived.

I'd have had this skinny waste of a life dismantled with my own bare hands. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back