FTA-TV Hey Hey It's Saturday Is Back

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it was Carbs =)
Bloody Jo Beth Taylor though saying "You cant understand him"..... I guess we can forgive her though considering shes hot

Benny has been immortalised via Hey Hey :thumbsu:

I've enjoyed the show, it's nothing groundbreaking but it's fun and nostalgic. I agree with those who have said this should run during the footy off-season, though I think it would fit better on a Wednesday or Thursday night rather than a Saturday.

It seems like there's enough demand for a permanent comeback, but I think all the regulars need to commit to being on board. If not, it would be better off as a bi-annual special.

pmsl.... Connik havin a sook.... piss off back home t urd

So I've really enjoyed both Hey Hey reunion shows - great light-hearted fun, and the show doesn't try to be something it's not.

That said, I reckon they might be hauled over the coals in the media for the Jackson 5 red faces performance, and the reaction of Harry Connick Jr.
I think Hey Hey will be labeled as dated and out of touch as a result of having that act on. It's detractors will use this as a reason for not wanting the show back regularly. TV's loss, for mine.

So I've really enjoyed both Hey Hey reunion shows - great light-hearted fun, and the show doesn't try to be something it's not.

That said, I reckon they might be hauled over the coals in the media for the Jackson 5 red faces performance, and the reaction of Harry Connick Jr.
I think Hey Hey will be labeled as dated and out of touch as a result of having that act on. It's detractors will use this as a reason for not wanting the show back regularly. TV's loss, for mine.
Neil Mitchell will have a field day tomorrow I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great show. So much nostalgia attached to the show, but there's nothing quite like it on TV at all. Hey Hey has a certain charm to it, so I hope it does come back for good.

Oh yea...Don't remember seeing any of Dave Chappelle's managers apologizing for this:

Or that movie "White Chicks" with Martin Lawrence in it....:rolleyes: etc.. etc...

But I hope it doesn't scar the show. We'll see in the papers tomorrow, but I don't think it should be a big deal.

Anyway, greatest Australian show in the past, present and future of Australian Television. Bring it back!

So whats up with Red Faces?

Six weeks ago they started advertising for acts. I would assume they would be inundated with massive numbers. So in the last two shows, we have had 3 acts so bad its almost like they planned it so Red could jump the gun to gong them, 4 acts that have been repeats of originals, and only the one “new” act the Vegemite kid (one of the shows sponsors as luck would have it)

Surely all those that auditioned couldn’t have been so bad they couldn’t get a look in. :confused:

Hot 40 year olds are pretty common these days - I guess the art of makeup has come a long way :thumbsu: But yeah, she did look awesome.

I'm guessing nodody told her she was going to be sitting on a stool for her entire appearance.It was late at night,surely she could've given us a Sharon Stone/Britney Spears sneak peek.

I'm guessing nodody told her she was going to be sitting on a stool for her entire appearance.It was late at night,surely she could've given us a Sharon Stone/Britney Spears sneak peek.

Eeeeew, shes prego. How gross

I think it won't amount to much.

At the end of the day, you can understand why Harry Connick Jr came out and said his piece. I think if it was just any average American, they could probably take it as it was intended, a bit of fun. But he's got a brand to protect, and you know what the US press are like.

There's obviously a lot of baggage over in the US in relation to this sort of stuff, not so much here. And I'm sure that various "comics" have taken the piss out of various aspects of Australiana (including Black Saturday).

I'd put it down to cultural differences.

Its kewl to keep an automatic assault rifle as long as you don’t paint your face black…. Only in America:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back